kfan

Again I say 'What makes you think JM called those plays in that 8 minute gap?'  He didnt execute them well BUT HE NEVER CALLED THE PLAYS.
Be who you are
Say what you feel
Those that matter don\'t mind
Those that mind don\'t matter

longtimetcfan

IMHO, we've seen what Masoli can do, or not do, over the last number of games. Without giving anyone the idea I've given up on the season, I would like to see what Zach can do given what seems to be an improved O-line, improved/returning players and starters, and simplified playbook.

Today's article in The Spec indicates coach Jones will not make a QB change, he being relatively happy with Masoli's play so far. Personally, I've been disappointed in Masoli's passing inconsistency and poor time/clock management (ie, often slow and lackadaisical breaking the huddle and starting the play). 

Start Collaros and see what he can do. It seems the team has given up on him as it is.

Lennywasout

IMHO, we've seen what Masoli can do, or not do, over the last number of games. Without giving anyone the idea I've given up on the season, I would like to see what Zach can do given what seems to be an improved O-line, improved/returning players and starters, and simplified playbook.

Today's article in The Spec indicates coach Jones will not make a QB change, he being relatively happy with Masoli's play so far. Personally, I've been disappointed in Masoli's passing inconsistency and poor time/clock management (ie, often slow and lackadaisical breaking the huddle and starting the play).

Start Collaros and see what he can do. It seems the team has given up on him as it is.
What you said👍👍

Gerbear20

I agree with longtimeticatfan

give collaros a few starts see what we have as we know what we have in masoli and that is a guy that is inconsistant and has low pass completion percentage ....
he has done reasonably well ..but i could imagine if the old collaros came back that he'd excel in this offence...or maybe then try johnny manziel next year 

it's too bad that june jones is so focussed on winning this year and not looking at the big picture ( zac..and masoli becoming a free agent ) 

i think we need to win in wpg as i think ottawa might win a game is sask or bc ..but likely not both

as it look like ottawa is getting their first stringer back this week

my home team

Let's remember that Masoli has not started that many games, therefore his time management skills still need some sharpening.

The coaches are calling the plays, so they need to be even more aware of the clock than the quarterback.

We don't know how these two quarterbacks have fared during practices, and maybe that is having a bearing on Jones' decision.

Likely the coaches' emphasis is on winning right now as there is still a possibility of a playoff position. And with that in mind, will go with the person he is most familiar with and has more experience with his offense.

I, too, would like to see Zach back in there.

But, I can understand why this has not happened.

Palmer

it's too bad that june jones is so focussed on winning this year and not looking at the big picture ( zac..and masoli becoming a free agent )

IMO, a head coach should always be focused on winning, and should always be leaving the 'big picture'  things like contracts, bonuses, and free agency to the administrative guys.  The only reason we keep track of the score is to see who won the game, and the only reason we keep track of the standings is to see who won the season.  Coaches get hired and fired based on their wins and losses, not on contracts and free agent signings.

And, as to Jones' background experience, I think you'll find that the over-whelming majority of successful CFL coaches have come though the NCAA and NFL systems, either as players, coaches, or both.  A small minority are from the CIS, OUAA etc systems.  

Kooblahdee

IMO ZC will be gone after this year.  He is not Jones' type of QB.  Aside from the contract the fact they signed a kid out of Texas tells me that it will be Masoli returning next year and ZC released or traded. :-X

my home team

IMO ZC will be gone after this year.  He is not Jones' type of QB.  Aside from the contract the fact they signed a kid out of Texas tells me that it will be Masoli returning next year and ZC released or traded. :-X
Thing is, we DON'T know if Collaros will be gone, or whether or not "he's Jones' type of QB".

The fact that they signed another quarterback is nothing new, teams are always scouting for and bringing in talent, as they should.

That this move is ANY kind of indicator of anything, is NOT clear at all.

SteelCitySteve

I think we need to work Zach back into the starter's job as well.

Unless management knows something we don't injury wise, I think ZC represents our best long term QB option. I'm worried as they seem to be banking on Manziel, but I don't see a scenario there that works long term.

Either Manziel comes in and totally craps the bed, or, he comes in and plays lights out.....and then uses that as his ticket back to the NFL. Either way, is management banking on Manziel being in Hamilton more then 1 season?

If he plays great or terribly, he's gone in either case. We cut Zach and by 2019 we are left with Masoli as our #1 QB? Don't get me wrong, I like Masoli, I just don't think he can lead us to a cup.

letsgoticats

Let's remember that Masoli has not started that many games, therefore his time management skills still need some sharpening.

I don't think Masoli can use the "hasn't started many games" excuse any more.  He's started 17 games over the past 4 years, and made numerous relief appearances.  Nothing has really changed over the course of those 17 starts either.  He's still a streaky player with turnover problems, and seems to struggle with the clock at times.  I think it's pretty obvious that he's either one of the leagues worst starters or best backups at this point.  Not the guy to build your team around, but a great insurance policy.  

EastVanMark

I don't think Masoli can use the "hasn't started many games" excuse any more.  He's started 17 games over the past 4 years, and made numerous relief appearances.  Nothing has really changed over the course of those 17 starts either.  He's still a streaky player with turnover problems, and seems to struggle with the clock at times.  I think it's pretty obvious that he's either one of the leagues worst starters or best backups at this point.  Not the guy to build your team around, but a great insurance policy.  
Agreed. Solid, capable back up, but as an everyday starter who can lead you to a Grey Cup? I don't think so.

Slomojo2005

Gotta give Zack some playing time in Wpg game.  We don't win without him........ the longer he sits the less we know about what he can do.  PUT ZACK IN !!!

Crash

Gotta give Zack some playing time in Wpg game.  We don't win without him........ the longer he sits the less we know about what he can do.  PUT ZACK IN !!!
Personally i don't want to see him against Winnipeg or calgary. JM played well against some of the worst teams in the league.
Let Zach start against Montreal

Count Floyd

IMO ZC will be gone after this year.  He is not Jones' type of QB.  Aside from the contract the fact they signed a kid out of Texas tells me that it will be Masoli returning next year and ZC released or traded. :-X
Thing is, we DON'T know if Collaros will be gone, or whether or not "he's Jones' type of QB".

The fact that they signed another quarterback is nothing new, teams are always scouting for and bringing in talent, as they should.

That this move is ANY kind of indicator of anything, is NOT clear at all.
Masoli is a free agent after this year.  They're not going to cut or trade Collaros unless they know for sure that Masoli is going to re-sign here, and that's only if they've already decided that Masoli is the future of this franchise.  If they cut or trade Collaros, & Masoli hits free agency able to sign with the highest bidder & does so, we'd be left with Golson to start 2018.  This organization has done some stupid things, but they're not THAT dumb.

Lennywasout

I too certainly hope they’re not that dumb. They will get nothing for Zach this year. He’s under contract for next year, Masoli is not. Even if they re-sign him and bring in Jonny Nut Case, why not have an open competition for the starting job? If Zach wins out...great...Masoli as a great backup and Golson.  Trade Johnny Nut Case...
Or....if Zach isn’t the one...then cut him or if anyone is stupid enough to trade for him....what have we lost as an organization?   No guaranteed contracts in the CFL..
I don’t see any downside to keeping him and having no a competition for truly the best athlete for the position.

Users Online

109 Guests, 14 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
dcmoses, RBFan2014, KevinRiley2, RedandWhite, Mark, Oskie18, Mightygoose, TCHABS, Abendschan, steeltownguy, jim43bob, bobo82, sully, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)