DisplacedCatsFan

I don’t necessarily agree that the O-line gives Jeremiah more time, I think it might be more that he is more willing and able to roll-out, and more willing to throw away a ball to avoid the sack.  If Zach returns, I think you will see him just as harried and pressured as before, unless he has learned to throw the ball quicker, and to ground the ball to the detriment of his passing average.
Like he did for an Intentional Grounding penalty?  Just like the Time Count Violation in the 4th Quarter?  Like the horrible sacks he took?  Like the fumble he gave up?  Like the WIDE OPEN receivers he overthrew?  And, especially, like the 5 STRAIGHT TWO-AND-OUTS when the team only needs a first down (or two) to end the game?
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

cats99

Put Zack in next game against Bo Levi and the Stamps as we are going to lose that one for sure anyways ?! like in fairness to our True starter who is I believe sadly damaged goods some respect and give him a chance with June and his system . Masoli I have finally come to the conclusion he will be filling in for Kevin Glenn the best #2 QB in the CFL a nomad for hire ! After last nights performance he is not ready to be a true # 1 and maybe may never Be 
Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

Palmer

I don’t necessarily agree that the O-line gives Jeremiah more time, I think it might be more that he is more willing and able to roll-out, and more willing to throw away a ball to avoid the sack.  If Zach returns, I think you will see him just as harried and pressured as before, unless he has learned to throw the ball quicker, and to ground the ball to the detriment of his passing average.
Like he did for an Intentional Grounding penalty?  Just like the Time Count Violation in the 4th Quarter?  Like the horrible sacks he took?  Like the fumble he gave up?  Like the WIDE OPEN receivers he overthrew?  And, especially, like the 5 STRAIGHT TWO-AND-OUTS when the team only needs a first down (or two) to end the game?
Zach didn’t save us last year, Zach didn’t save us this year, so why would he save us on a second coming?  No doubt the same old diddy:  new coach, new plays, better line, better defence.

I was wrong with CJ, maybe I’m wrong with Zach.  Your faith is commendable, but I’m having trouble accepting it.  I suppose time will tell.

ExPat

Like he did for an Intentional Grounding penalty?  Just like the Time Count Violation in the 4th Quarter?  Like the horrible sacks he took?  Like the fumble he gave up?  Like the WIDE OPEN receivers he overthrew?  And, especially, like the 5 STRAIGHT TWO-AND-OUTS when the team only needs a first down (or two) to end the game?
In fairness, there were not exactly five straight two-and-outs.

Last series in regulation time, we forfeited our first down, so it was more of a one-and-out.

In our overtime series, we went for it on third down, so it was more like a three-and-out.

Palmer

And the last time Zach put up 35 points was ....?   Oh ya, that was because of the O-line, running game, play calling and defence.

mr62cats

The writing is on the wall for Zach. I think the team has decided they don't want him back at that salary and the way he's been treated by the team and fans is enough for him to want out.

Trestman and Condell will welcome him with open arms and everyone that complained and took him for granted will either be right or wrong with how he does.
Crash:  I think you are absolutely right. Unfortunately.

Grover

The writing is on the wall for Zach. I think the team has decided they don't want him back at that salary and the way he's been treated by the team and fans is enough for him to want out.

Trestman and Condell will welcome him with open arms and everyone that complained and took him for granted will either be right or wrong with how he does.
Crash:  I think you are absolutely right. Unfortunately.
Agreed,
Thats a fact Zach.  :-\

I don't think anything is going to happen until seasons end

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Palmer

Crash:  I think you are absolutely right. Unfortunately.
Agreed,
Thats a fact Zach.  :-\

I don't think anything is going to happen until seasons end
And I suppose if you are a true Zach supporter, that is what would be best for him, but maybe not so much for the Cats?  I'm sure Edmonton fans hated to see Ray leave, and maybe even Maas.  Seems to be the life of a QB in the CFL - even Flutie and McManus moved around, not to mention Glenn, Burris, Reilly and Nichols.  I suppose only Mitchell, Lulay and Jennings are with their original teams.

Slomojo2005

Zach didn’t save us last year, Zach didn’t save us this year, so why would he save us on a second coming?  No doubt the same old diddy:  new coach, new plays, better line, better defence.

I was wrong with CJ, maybe I’m wrong with Zach.  Your faith is commendable, but I’m having trouble accepting it.  I suppose time will tell.

When you can't get a single 1st down with an 8pt lead and about a minute remaining in the game....... that is pretty pathetic.

jonny24eh

It would be crazy to trade or cut him without seeing how he does under a new coach and an improved team. 

After the loss on Saturday,  I think thats enough reason to say "okay Jeremiah, you got us some wins, you played well, but we're going to try Zach for a game" . And against Calgary, a game we don't have much chance of winning,  might also be the perfect "no pressure" game to put him in for.
The poster formerly known as jonny24.

Eat\'em raw!

Slomojo2005

And the last time Zach put up 35 points was ....?   Oh ya, that was because of the O-line, running game, play calling and defence.
Palmer. And you think Masoli was an absolute magician out there? He can't orchestrate ONE single 1st down with an 8 point lead and about a minute on the clock and he is your man!!!! Wow!  Good luck with that.  I like JM but no way he has the talent/capabilities to finish.  It is pretty clear to most of us.  Zack is the guy!  Gotta go back to Zack!

MtnCat

It would be crazy to trade or cut him without seeing how he does under a new coach and an improved team.

After the loss on Saturday,  I think thats enough reason to say "okay Jeremiah, you got us some wins, you played well, but we're going to try Zach for a game" . And against Calgary, a game we don't have much chance of winning,  might also be the perfect "no pressure" game to put him in for.
We play the Bombers next!!

Palmer

And the last time Zach put up 35 points was ....?   Oh ya, that was because of the O-line, running game, play calling and defence.
Palmer. And you think Masoli was an absolute magician out there? He can't orchestrate ONE single 1st down with an 8 point lead and about a minute on the clock and he is your man!!!! Wow!  Good luck with that.  I like JM but no way he has the talent/capabilities to finish.  It is pretty clear to most of us.  Zack is the guy!  Gotta go back to Zack!
Never said Jeremiah was a magician, just said that as of right now, his record of wins/losses this year is better than Zach’s record.  Attack me personally if it makes you feel better about yourself, but it doesn’t change that fact.

Slomojo2005

Never said Jeremiah was a magician, just said that as of right now, his record of wins/losses this year is better than Zach’s record.  Attack me personally if it makes you feel better about yourself, but it doesn’t change that fact.
Never meant to attack you personally Palmer. Just wanted to emphasize that JM didn't do much to lead the team to victory with a lead and little time left in game.  Call it lack of experience or whatever but I don't think JM has what it takes.  Zack does and I hope he is given an opportunity to silence the critics.

Palmer

Yeah, I am starting to come around to the idea of Zach getting a start.  I was dead wrong on CJ over Green, and maybe the time off has re-lit the competitive fire in Zach as well.  The next two games are going to be tough for all of our guys, and might be good to see how Zach can do.  I’m thinking that 60-1 shellacing must still smart, and would be an excellent motivator.

Users Online

119 Guests, 16 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, RBFan2014, dcmoses, heapbag, brianjoxx, Mark, danoc_86, Oskie18, TCHABS, RedandWhite, Mightygoose, Abendschan, steeltownguy, jim43bob, bobo82, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)