my home team

Quote from: "Tipper"
Quote from: "my home team"

And sometimes a player just doesn't fit the system. I remember Glen Weir, came to Hamilton. Then traded to Montreal and became a grey cup champion and multiple all star.

8)  Wow "my home team",  I bet there is only a handful of members on this site that would even know who.....

Glen "Fuzzy" Weir  is ??    :lol:

Thanks for that walk down memory lane !!!   :D

I think I just gave away my age!!!

bobo82

And sometimes a player just doesn't fit the system. I remember Glen Weir, came to Hamilton. Then traded to Montreal and became a grey cup champion and multiple all star.

8)  Wow "my home team",  I bet there is only a handful of members on this site that would even know who.....

Glen "Fuzzy" Weir  is ??    :lol:

Thanks for that walk down memory lane !!!   :D

I think I just gave away my age!!!

Speaking of giving ones age away , any guesses as to who is standing beside "Fuzzy" wearing jersey #53 in the pic ? Hints : He was a former Cat  :D  He played in a Grey Cup for us . Won 2 with Mtl and 1 with Edm  :D He has a famous brother who coaches in the NFL  :D He was a team mate of Wally Buono  :D  He was better known after he switched to jersey #72  :)

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Tipper

8)  Yep  bobo,  that would be MLB,  Carl Crennel  !!    :D

bobo82

8)  Yep  bobo,  that would be MLB,  Carl Crennel  !!    :D

Bang On !!!! Give that man a cigar  :cowboy:  :rockin:

my home team

Quote from: "Palmer"
'My home team' - l guess all I'm trying to say is that what we are doing is not working in terms of entertainment, results, or wins.  Toronto, Saskatchewan and Winnipeg seemingly have turned their programs around.  Montreal is making strides.  Granted, they are not consistent winners like BC, Calgary and Edmonton, but they are entertaining, engaging teams.  Hamilton, as we are all pointing out, is not.

Every year we play the "failed to sign" or "if not for player X being injured" cards.  Same posts, only the date ID changes.  But in point of fact, this team has regressed since mid 2015.  Hence my other point.  Austin has the rest of the season, 15 games, to show he can turn the Cats around, and have them playing competitve football.  Not necessarily win every game, but at least show up with that purpose.  If he can't do it, hire someone who can.

I hear you, Palmer. However, last year's grey cup holder has the very same record as we do and many picked them to be front runners this season.

In 2016, we lost about the same number of secondary starters and even more of our receiving corp, our Oline was makeshift  and look how that affected us.

Zach Collaros was lost to us for half of 2015 and into a similar number of games in the next schedule. This year is his first beginning from training camp.

P.S...I wouldn't be handing out any turnaround awards to the riders yet. They are better. How much better is yet to be determined.

Count Floyd

Man, those are some blasts from the past...Glen Weir & Carl Crennel.  Hated Weir when he played for the Als.  

Crap, I'm old. :D

mightypope

How about a picture of former Alouette and Ticat Ed George....(you're great at those things bobo!!). He was one big, mean and tough offensive lineman.

bobo82

Quote from: "mightypope"
How about a picture of former Alouette and Ticat Ed George....(you're great at those things bobo!!). He was one big, mean and tough offensive lineman.

With pleasure , glad to be of service........... :D As an interesting ironic side note ,  Ed George played on the same 1980 Cat team as Carl Crennel but both of them spent the bulk of their careers and are more associated with the fact that they were both part of the Alouette powerhouse team of the 70's . Here's another fact about George , his last game he ever played in the league was in that 1980 Grey Cup . It broke my heart when then new HC Frank Kush cut him in the 1981 Training camp saying that he was too old at age 33 . :cry:

So here we go ............first a pic of a very young Ed George........ :D

And just to make us all feel just a little bit older , here's a pic of "Big" Ed George today ........70 yrs young...... :D

Tipper

Quote from: "mightypope"

8) Ahh yes "pope", from what I remember of good old Ed George, I think he took more holding penalties in his last year
     of pro football, with the TiCats, then he did in his whole great career !!   :lol:

In his prime, he was certainly one of the best !!

cats99

It's fu_cking time for slippery
Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

cats99

Enough BS its time for Masoli to come in and the rest is History !

Killer91

Quote from: "cats99"
Enough BS its time for Masoli to come in and the rest is History !

I think Collaros was on a short leash. Masoli was loose all night, engaged and ready to go in until Zach through those two sh*t lucky passes in a row, one rolling out and diving out of bounds (which was a nice play to avoid traffic in the middle) and the following play to Jones (12) I believe the national who Edmonton didn't bother to cover because he is terrible and made a 44 yard gain and that was the only thing that saved Zach from getting yanked.  I think Defence deserved better, not enough offence to win in the CFL, sorry.
That was a large 2 points we let slip away.

PatLynch

I agree with your last 2 sentences but the previous comments about "short leashes and our Canadian wideout (Jones) make little sense to me.  Zac is our starter. He needs to play. We have 14 games left, with 7 in our division.  The season is a marathon, not a sprint.

The only way that young players like Jones get better is by playing.

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

Palmer

Quote from: "PatLynch"
I agree with your last 2 sentences but the previous comments about "short leashes and our Canadian wideout (Jones) make little sense to me.  Zac is our starter. He needs to play. We have 14 games left, with 7 in our division.  The season is a marathon, not a sprint.

The only way that young players like Jones get better is by playing.

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

I'm with you you Pat, although I think Zach needs something or someone to help him get back on track.  He does not seem the same guy as 2015 or even 2016.  I know some are blaming the knee injury, but look at SJ Green - he is looking better than before his knee surgery.  Whether it is mental or physical with Zach, I don't know, but he needs a mechanic to get him back in tune!  Having said that, I can see where Jeremiah in for a series or two once in a while could change the tempo for the offence, and maybe just as importantly, keep him sharp and involved - just in case.

I loved seeing Jones involved in the play, although I hate the 40 yard wide out passes to gain 2 or 3 yards.  They are pick sixes just waiting to happen.  Dead men walking.  I think both Jones and Scheuerman did so well in the first half because we rarely throw to Jones or run the ball.  Once the Eskies took notice and adjusted at half time, their production dropped dramatically.  Still, as you say, you have to play the young guys and you have to throw to them.  I don't recall too many young Canadians stepping into the league and gaining 1000 yards as a rookie, although I'm sure one of you stats guys will prove me wrong :) !

cats99

ITS TIME ! For the Sydney Crosby of the CFL to sit and hold a clipboard because it ain't workin  :cowboy:

Users Online

145 Guests, 10 Users (16 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Slomojo2005, Grover, bobo82, drummer_god, Lennywasout, rockfish, Niagara Als, Yahoo!, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)