Tipper

Quote from: my home team

And sometimes a player just doesn't fit the system. I remember Glen Weir, came to Hamilton. Then traded to Montreal and became a grey cup champion and multiple all star.

8)  Wow "my home team",  I bet there is only a handful of members on this site that would even know who.....

Glen "Fuzzy" Weir  is ??    :lol:

Thanks for that walk down memory lane !!!   :D

kfan

I wish people would stop blaming the O line for our woes.  Those five interior guys cannot stop all of a six or more man blitz.  All opposing teams know KA only runs once a quarter or half so it's not really a gamble to rush that many and force our QBs to hurry. Captain Queeg, I mean KA has to change the strategy before the USS Caine ('Cats) head into the typhoon
Be who you are
Say what you feel
Those that matter don\'t mind
Those that mind don\'t matter

Palmer

'My home team' - l guess all I'm trying to say is that what we are doing is not working in terms of entertainment, results, or wins.  Toronto, Saskatchewan and Winnipeg seemingly have turned their programs around.  Montreal is making strides.  Granted, they are not consistent winners like BC, Calgary and Edmonton, but they are entertaining, engaging teams.  Hamilton, as we are all pointing out, is not.

Every year we play the "failed to sign" or "if not for player X being injured" cards.  Same posts, only the date ID changes.  But in point of fact, this team has regressed since mid 2015.  Hence my other point.  Austin has the rest of the season, 15 games, to show he can turn the Cats around, and have them playing competitve football.  Not necessarily win every game, but at least show up with that purpose.  If he can't do it, hire someone who can.

Killer91

Not even garbage time for Masoli to keep him sharp in case Zach goes down.  Austin is selfish padding Collaros' stats.

15_championships

Quote from: "Killer91"
Not even garbage time for Masoli to keep him sharp in case Zach goes down.  Austin is selfish padding Collaros' stats.

Kent is just past his prime as a HC. I have no problem keeping him in a VP/GM role but as a HC hes done. Call up Tom Clements, Danny Maccocia or wait till the off season and try and nab Khari Jones.

cats99

Go with a two QB  back system for Thurs to throw a curve into a unique game plan for the Esks why not :cowboy:
Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

S J Riley

Yes..big trouble in Hamilton.
Kent has to take a long look in the mirror,as he holds all the keys to our Team.
I am not one to think I know more than Austin does, hell he has prob forgotten more about football than I will ever know.
Zac has troubles...Offence has troubles..Defence has troubles...Special Teams note* Speedy...has troubles.
Overall..
Not a pretty picture.
But the facts are "no one" in the existing Coaching Staff could take over as Head Coach if Kent stepped aside into his GM role and off the sidelines.
Looking around to see outside the Club...not much is out there.
So...we are stuck with Kent.
Lets hope he can and will fix this mess he has made.
It has been 19 years since our Cats have won a Cup...way too long for us, yet we stick by our Team...and go to the games.
Fix this...Kent.
As right now, no one else can.

seymour

Quote from: "15_championships"
Kent is just past his prime as a HC. I have no problem keeping him in a VP/GM role but as a HC hes done.

News Flash...
Austin hasn't been GM for a couple of seasons now.  Tillman is the GM.

I agree that Austin is probably past his best before date as HC - his shelf life as HC with a team is about three years. If you look at him on the sideline now, he looks as if he's suddenly aged by ten years - a thin, grumpy, shrunken old man... a sure sign of stress and burnout.

official32

I believe that Austin should hand over the play calling to the OC.  On the field I see their issues as the offensive line and defensive rush/pass coverage.

15_championships

Quote from: "seymour"
Kent is just past his prime as a HC. I have no problem keeping him in a VP/GM role but as a HC hes done.

News Flash...

I agree that Austin is probably past his best before date as HC - his shelf life as HC with a team is about three years. If you look at him on the sideline now, he looks as if he's suddenly aged by ten years - a thin, grumpy, shrunken old man... a sure sign of stress and burnout.

Its not news to me which is why I said VP/GM. If hes taking over the front office full time, theres no point in having Tillman at all. I agree too many years of trying to every job himself seems to have him lost as to what a HC is anymore and I think hes lost the locker room

Palmer

Quote from: "Killer91"

I think Zach needs the reps.  He does not look confident or poised, and still is antsy and easily rattled - even when given ample time and protection.

Tipper

News Flash...

8)  Thank you "seymour", for bringing it up that Austin is NOT the GM !!

Drives me nuts when I see so  many posters on this site that think he is GM & HC !!   :roll:
       Guess it just shows how aware some people on here are, about what is going on !!   :oops:

Hey, who is this Eric Tillman guy anyway ???  :lol:

You are right also regarding Austin's appearance this season , I notice that he has lost a lot of weight !!

hendy77

Masoli is not the solution to what ails this team.

He's not very good.
Is it June (2018) yet?

ottawacat

Quote from: "Tipper"

News Flash...

8)  Thank you "seymour", for bringing it up that Austin is NOT the GM !!

Drives me nuts when I see so  many posters on this site that think he is GM & HC !!   :roll:
       Guess it just shows how aware some people on here are, about what is going on !!   :oops:

Hey, who is this Eric Tillman guy anyway ???  :lol:

You are right also regarding Austin's appearance this season , I notice that he has lost a lot of weight !!
I'm among those who have made that mistake, but you're just talking titles.  Eric is certainly not functioning in the traditional role of a CFL GM.  The title gives him a more impressive business card and helps open doors in the NFL, with agents and scouted players.  I don't know if he's the one handling player contracts here now but, other than his neg list videos, he's not the one handling questions which, in all other CFL cities are directed at the general managers.  And, with all other CFL teams, perhaps with the exception of Toronto, the GM is the Head Coach's immediate boss with the power to dismiss.  Here, with Austin's other title, it's the other way 'round.

Slomojo2005

Quote from: "Palmer"
Dyakowski was expendable, over the hill because CJ didn't like him, but seems to be doing okay.

Dyakowski has been solid starting at RG for the Riders. It's interesting how a player's career can be rejuvenated when he's finally playing for a coach that he respects and who knows how to use him and with a team that is very pleased to have Dyakowski on their roster.

Dyakowski still has excellent run blocking skills - something that was essentially totally wasted under Austin.

No one has determined that the players don't respect Austin (Dyakowski) and thus the cause of their early plight.  You are making some unsubstantiated comments!

Users Online

89 Guests, 14 Users (13 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
RedandWhite, Lennywasout, Mightygoose, papazoola, PacoAls2017, ExPat, dcmoses, SteelCitySteve, schmenger, Taleback, Yahoo!, Google (11), Alexa

Most Online Today: 144. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)