Palmer

I see masolli as a fighter. He has no quit in him.collaros seemed to hang his head ,alot
This is true. When Masoli makes a mistake, he just moves on to the next play. When he comes back out on the next possession, he looks like he's starting a whole new game.
For me, that is the biggest difference between Zach and Jeremiah in terms of approach to the game.  Zach looks like he plays football the same way I golf, tries to fix the last play by the way he plays the next one.  Jeremiah looks like the last play is over, so back to work, and play the next one.  Wish I had that ability to "just let it go" on the links.

Killer91

I see masolli as a fighter. He has no quit in him.collaros seemed to hang his head ,alot
This is true. When Masoli makes a mistake, he just moves on to the next play. When he comes back out on the next possession, he looks like he's starting a whole new game.
For me, that is the biggest difference between Zach and Jeremiah in terms of approach to the game.  Zach looks like he plays football the same way I golf, tries to fix the last play by the way he plays the next one.  Jeremiah looks like the last play is over, so back to work, and play the next one.  Wish I had that ability to "just let it go" on the links.
Wow, Player Of The Week Honours to boot!

ottawacat

Poor Jeremiah deserves better!  He QBs the winless team to 2 straight victories, is named a CFL Top Performer, and the following week is full of media and fan discussions of a new high profile, low reputation QB his bosses are spending much time thinking about signing.  He's even asked about it, himself, at today's Saskatchewan game media briefing.  I'm concerned about how this may affect his state of mind heading into another very important game.

Krisiun

Poor Jeremiah deserves better!  He QBs the winless team to 2 straight victories, is named a CFL Top Performer, and the following week is full of media and fan discussions of a new high profile, low reputation QB his bosses are spending much time thinking about signing.  He's even asked about it, himself, at today's Saskatchewan game media briefing.  I'm concerned about how this may affect his state of mind heading into another very important game.
I agree with all of this except for the fact that Masoli seems to brush off mistakes or adversity like water off a duck's back. The Cat's should instead work on further developing Masoli. He seems to be both mentally and physically resilient with a lot of up side to his game.

Palmer

I imagine Jeremiah realizes that his future value is dependent upon the quality of his play to-day.  If indeed he is getting the message that the team wants an upgrade at QB, it has to either burn the ego, or stimulate him to perform better.  On the other hand, I'm sure every pro will tell you, you are only as good as your last game, and there is always someone, somewhere ready to take your job.

ottawacat

I imagine Jeremiah realizes that his future value is dependent upon the quality of his play to-day.  If indeed he is getting the message that the team wants an upgrade at QB, it has to either burn the ego, or stimulate him to perform better.  On the other hand, I'm sure every pro will tell you, you are only as good as your last game, and there is always someone, somewhere ready to take your job.
Based on what he's accomplished as a Tiger-Cat, so far, and what he may be able to accomplish, over the next couple of months, Masoli could, by season's end, well deserve being offered a contract to be the team's starter in '18 and beyond.  If Manziel's rights haven't been traded, I expect Jeremiah would choose to go to free agency.   

Crash

Based on what he's accomplished as a Tiger-Cat, so far, and what he may be able to accomplish, over the next couple of months, Masoli could, by season's end, well deserve being offered a contract to be the team's starter in '18 and beyond.  If Manziel's rights haven't been traded, I expect Jeremiah would choose to go to free agency.  
Where would he have a better chance to start?
There's no team ready to hand him a starting job and there's likely no team where he beats out someone to get a starting job.
His best shot is here if we want him back.

Lennywasout

I think the real Masoli and June Jones were present tonight.  A combination of poor play calling (you can't blame Austin now) and a brutally inaccurate arm. Not many throws on target.  The receivers made some incredible catches with high balls, low ball, balls thrown behind them, etc. Even two very, very bad interceptions.  On the last play of the game, had the throw been 6" higher it would have been caught.
So....as much as like Masoli he's not the answer...neither is Jonny Football.  Zach needs to be give a chance to start again.  No team will trade for Zach but they're all waiting to sign him as a free agent. It'll be our loss and their gain.

schmenger

Masoli is not the answer in a million years.  Poor arm strength and little if any accuracy. Remember this one of Austin's favourite players so after watching him for several years he is not going to improve. It' time to see what number 3 has and move on. Masoli should not be with the team next year period. He has had his chances and has consistently shown he will be the answer. Make a trade for Franklin in Edmonton and bring in Ed Hervey to replace not available to the press "Austin"

seymour

Masoli is not the answer in a million years.  Poor arm strength and little if any accuracy. Remember this one of Austin's favourite players so after watching him for several years he is not going to improve.
Yes, you could hear the air coming out of the Jeremiah Masoli balloon for several blocks around THF last night.

It sounded like a giant whoopee cushion.

blackandgld

Ticat receivers don't really scare anyone. I thought Masoli was OK last night. I also think Zach is a better throwing QB. This is a classic opportunity to get both QBs into a game and see which one is more dangerous against an opposition. When Masoli mixed in the rushes second half he was much better. You can only get by so long on wide throws to Banks and Gable and tight throws into Tasker.
The offensive play calling in the first half was truly offensive.

Killer91

After my own sober second thought:
QB Stats this week by Passing Yards:
Jeremiah Masoli 328
Mike Reilly  323
Bo Levi Mitchell 240
Ricky Ray 224

Crash

Jeremiah Masoli 328
Mike Reilly  323
Bo Levi Mitchell 240
Ricky Ray 224
Without looking up stats id bet he threw more (or the same) number of INTs as all 3 combined. His completion % was probably near the bottom of all starters this week and most importantly, lost.

The fact that you posted Masoli in the same group as the 3 best QBs in the league is laughable.

Palmer

Jeremiah Masoli 328
Mike Reilly  323
Bo Levi Mitchell 240
Ricky Ray 224
Without looking up stats id bet he threw more (or the same) number of INTs as all 3 combined. His completion % was probably near the bottom of all starters this week and most importantly, lost.

The fact that you posted Masoli in the same group as the 3 best QBs in the league is laughable.
What?  Are you saying stats DO lie?

Killer91

Jeremiah Masoli 328
Mike Reilly  323
Bo Levi Mitchell 240
Ricky Ray 224

I didn't make those up. Mike Reilly lost too.

Users Online

90 Guests, 5 Users (13 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Grover, smokeystover, GOTC1, DavidThompson, Yahoo!, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 116. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)