Killer91

Masoli has bailed out Austin when Collaros went down with injury's. He got all my respect when he got us to within 1 play of the Grey Cup in 2015 despite Austin doing everything to get Jeff Mathews to lead this team after Collaros went down.
Masoli stepped up and did it all with his arm against Ottawa in the 2015 EF not just his legs putting up big passing numbers in the EF in Ottawa.

In case anyone hasn't noticed any momentum we had last year ended with Collaro's return and culminated with his interception that handed Edmonton the Eastern Semi Final.  The team is continuing where it left off of from last year's playoff loss to Edmonton and soft finish in 2016.

It's time to give Masoli a shot to lead this team and provide some kind of spark and save Austin's job.

I don't see what we have to lose.  I don't see any sign of life from this club at all.  Maybe Austin and his micro managing is being tuned out by the players?

(sorry, I think Collaros is a great guy, but I just don't see any signs of bringing this team to life since he came back from the knee injury)

Aerial

I don't see this team making the playoffs.  The team and organization looks lost for whatever reason.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Count Floyd

Collaros played well his first 3 games back last year,  from then on it has seemed like he's not at all comfortable.

I agree, give Masoli a chance to start the next game.  After all, Austin did say in his interview last night that EVERYTHING will have to be looked at.  That includes Collaros & Austin's play calling.

Killer91

Quote from: "Aerial"
I don't see this team making the playoffs.  The team and organization looks lost for whatever reason.
My guess is Austin has been tuned out.
Everyone is tired of getting yelled at.
No one is given any responsibility. Ie: How many plays has Ptazekept called in 2 years?
Lost good coaches.
Guessing Reinbold got the job because no else wanted it. (Nice announcement when he got it btw, not even a presser with him)
He needed to move upstairs and get out of people's way and let them grow.

ottawacat

Quote from: "Count Floyd"
 ....... Austin did say in his interview last night that EVERYTHING will have to be looked at. .....
If those words sound familiar, these are all statements by Kent Austin as said to, and quoted in tweets by, TSN's Marshall Ferguson on the day the TiCats cleaned out their lockers, last November, after losing the ESF:

"The off-season will be one of intense re-evaluation."

"Everything is evaluated, there are going to be changes. We need to realign our thinking in respect to improving."

"There wont be a rock not turned over, we need to coach better, play better, get better players for healthy competition" #CFL

"Were going to be very realistic about where we stand with a critical eye and that starts with me."

safetyblitz

Quote from: "Count Floyd"
Collaros played well his first 3 games back last year,  from then on it has seemed like he's not at all comfortable.

Dirty hit from Calgary last year did him in. His nerves are shot now.

Grover

Collaros is one of the highest paid QB's in the league, If not the highest at $520K/season without bonuses beginning this year.

He better get his shite together!

http://3downnation.com/2016/06/21/new-z ... ks-ticats/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

HfxTC

Collaros has had absolutely no time to throw the ball in most of these two games. Masoli may help hide a very, very bad offensive line but I don't think Collaros is the main problem besides being tired of getting pummeled.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Count Floyd

Quote from: "Grover"
Collaros is one of the highest paid QB's in the league, If not the highest at $520K/season without bonuses beginning this year.

He better get his **** together!

http://3downnation.com/2016/06/21/new-z ... ks-ticats/

I really like Collaros.  I don't think he's the problem, but Masoli is more elusive & our O line sucks.

I actually think that Austin's offensive philosophy is what needs to change.  But how likely is it that it will?  Not holding my breath.  If Austin is actually the competitor everyone says he is, he needs to swallow his pride & change the offense because right now, we're not even competitive with any of the teams in the league.

Tangentially, I had the thought while watching on Saturday that having the QB call their own plays might assist with dealing with the crowd noise, but I know that hasn't been done since Danny Mac was our QB.

my home team

Quote from: "Killer91"
Masoli has bailed out Austin when Collaros went down with injury's. He got all my respect when he got us to within 1 play of the Grey Cup in 2015 despite Austin doing everything to get Jeff Mathews to lead this team after Collaros went down.
Masoli stepped up and did it all with his arm against Ottawa in the 2015 EF not just his legs putting up big passing numbers in the EF in Ottawa.

In case anyone hasn't noticed any momentum we had last year ended with Collaro's return and culminated with his interception that handed Edmonton the Eastern Semi Final.  The team is continuing where it left off of from last year's playoff loss to Edmonton and soft finish in 2016.

It's time to give Masoli a shot to lead this team and provide some kind of spark and save Austin's job.

I don't see what we have to lose.  I don't see any sign of life from this club at all.  Maybe Austin and his micro managing is being tuned out by the players?

(sorry, I think Collaros is a great guy, but I just don't see any signs of bringing this team to life since he came back from the knee injury)

If the starting quarterback is injured, it is the backup's JOB to step up into the starter's position and provide similar results.

That's hardly bailing out the head coach.

I seem to remember Masoli earlier in his stay with Hamilton being an effective RUNNING quarterback but not very accurate with his throws, and because of that, Mathews was considered the backup.

I was at the Edmonton game and observed our defense not being able to stop their running attack. I also recall Collaros and the offense coming back to tie the game. We had little secondary help and were without 3 of our starting receivers. Yes, Collaros made an error, but was hardly the main reason we lost.

I don't disagree that we could try Masoli as the starter for the next game. But, Zach Collaros is NOT the reason this team is in the position it finds itself in.

P.S......let's see if the backup gets any more time to throw or execute the play with the same porous Oline.

Tipper

8)  With Collaros making over $500,000 per year, there is no way that he will be standing on the sidelines to start any game

unless he is injured !!

my home team

Quote from: "Tipper"
8)  With Collaros making over $500,000 per year, there is no way that he will be standing on the sidelines to start any game

unless he is injured !!

Yes, Zach has a healthy contract.

However, the name of the game in the professional ranks is wins and losses.

Killer91

Quote from: "Tipper"

unless he is injured !!

I agree with above.
This is the Big issue and we, including us the fans, are all going to suffer through this contract.  Like I said Masoli bailed Austin out for what he did with limited prep and limited salary in 2015 EF Playoffs throwing for I think 367ish yards that game. Also setting the league Completion record last year against Edmonton. Beat Ottawa in Ottawa in Over time.
BTW Kevin Glen threw for 387 yards last week with Pete Dyakowski protecting him.  At some point you have to move out of the pocket.

Austin doesn't even look, talk or acknowledge Masoli during the game.
Guess he is too busy running the whole game for everyone.

Killer91

re: these comments..."If the starting quarterback is injured, it is the backup's JOB to step up into the starter's position and provide similar results.

That's hardly bailing out the head coach.

I seem to remember Masoli earlier in his stay with Hamilton being an effective RUNNING quarterback but not very accurate with his throws, and because of that, Mathews was considered the backup.

I was at the Edmonton game and observed our defense not being able to stop their running attack. I also recall Collaros and the offense coming back to tie the game. We had little secondary help and were without 3 of our starting receivers. Yes, Collaros made an error, but was hardly the main reason we lost.

I don't disagree that we could try Masoli as the starter for the next game. But, Zach Collaros is NOT the reason this team is in the position it finds itself in.

P.S......let's see if the backup gets any more time to throw or execute the play with the same porous Oline."

from CFL.ca....I'd say it was a bail out...
"The 27-year-old pivot spent the majority of the season on the Tiger-Cats’ practice roster before being forced into action late in the year.  He started both of Hamilton’s playoff games, winning the Eastern Semi-Final as his underdog ‘Cats upset the rival Toronto Argonauts"

my home team

"from CFL.ca....I'd say it was a bail out...
"The 27-year-old pivot spent the majority of the season on the Tiger-Cats’ practice roster before being forced into action late in the year.  He started both of Hamilton’s playoff games, winning the Eastern Semi-Final as his underdog ‘Cats upset the rival Toronto Argonauts"

And at no point in the quote does it indicate that Masoli was "bailing out his coach"

His start was due to injuries to Collaros and Mathews according to CFL.CA

The playoff win was heady indeed for Masoli, who began the season fourth on Hamilton’s depth chart and spent time on the practice roster. He was the club’s fourth different starter this year and was under centre with incumbent Zach Collaros (knee) and backup Jeff Mathews (concussion) out.

Austin had no choice but to start him.

Even had to take out Masoli for a couple of offensive series in that same game...once again ...CFL.CA

"We just wanted to get Masoli out of the game … and talk through what we were going to do moving forward, just settle him down a bit," said Hamilton head coach/GM Kent Austin.

Don't misunderstand me. Jeremiah Masoli, I thought, played a remarkable playoff run and has proven since that he can be a starter in this league, but like every other player in a backup role, it's his RESPONSIBILITY to be ready and move into THE position when required.

You know...."Next man up".

Users Online

135 Guests, 11 Users (7 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, PTBO Dave, raymarkca, Iconic SR, EastVanMark, dcmoses, Grover, hawthy, yougottabekidding, Yahoo!, Google (6)

Most Online Today: 175. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)