Garney 26

No doubt Johnny's got that "it factor that QB's need to be great, and Masoli does not. I just hope June measures the situation accurately and gets the most out of both of them

SeaFiddle

I'll go even further..... tell me the QB in the CFL that could have done better with the Browns than JF did? Answer:  None of them....
how do we confirm that?
Because Seafiddle knows for a fact that Manziel is the best QB in the CFL right now and so you have no reason to doubt his JF expertise. 8)
Those are your words not mine. JF is not the best QB in the CFL right now.... but he is going to be.

oo DAWG oo

I can assure you all ...being in the USA myself.

Johnny is not that big of deal down here...

No one here even mentions him

BTW 

Our college team beat Johnny when we played ..😊

SeaFiddle

I can assure you all ...being in the USA myself.

Johnny is not that big of deal down here...

No one here even mentions him

BTW

Our college team beat Johnny when we played ..😊
LOL.....

Slomojo2005

Joe Montana would have only gone 3-5 on that Browns team.

Brutal team. Worse organization.
Wow!   So when we talk about the poor record of NFL qb’s with Cleveland, we talk to the brutal team/ bad org BUT when we talk about the ZC record of 1st half last year we don’t say anything about the team in front and around him!! 

bobo82

Wow!   So when we talk about the poor record of NFL qb’s with Cleveland, we talk to the brutal team/ bad org BUT when we talk about the ZC record of 1st half last year we don’t say anything about the team in front and around him!!
He'll be setting a record come Friday night......0 - 13 .....Book It !!! The only unfortunate thing about it is that it will be against those Arblows .  :(

I'm just curious Slomo BUT I wonder if you would be giving as much leeway and love to Masoli as you do to ZC if Masoli was the one with the 12 game losing streak instead of your boy ?
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Slomojo2005

He'll be setting a record come Friday night......0 - 13 .....Book It !!! The only unfortunate thing about it is that it will be against those Arblows .  :(

I'm just curious Slomo BUT I wonder if you would be giving as much leeway and love to Masoli as you do to ZC if Masoli was the one with the 12 game losing streak instead of your boy ?
Of course I would Bobo.  I am just a bit sympathetic to those who have a difficult time, no support from team, right after a major surgery and everyone throws him under the bus. You included. You confuse my comments re: Masoli by implying I don’t like him. On the contrary, I do like him but I dont think he is the “saviour” that will deliver us to GC heaven.  So my comments about JM are not ill intended as are your comments about what I say.  I am practical given what I have seen from him and feom team. If we perform above my expectations, great I am as happy as......  Let me be clear Bobo, I DO NOT DISLIKE JM!

safetyblitz

no support from team, right after a major surgery and everyone throws him under the bus.
Uh, the team eased him back from surgery, and then handed the reigns back to him in week 8 of 2016. He played some pretty good games for us that year too. Everyone was *excited* to see what he would do in 2017, because after returning midway through 2016 from the surgery he had in October 2015, he was now going to have another full off-season of recovery going for him coming into 2017. Despite the team's rough start, Austin was steadfast in his support of Collaros as the starter through the opening 8 losses of 2017.

If you like, you can point to some of the factors outside Collaros' control: the departure of Condell prior to the 2016 season, the team's overall offensive philosophy, protection, whatever. But nobody "threw Collaros under the bus". He was given about as long a leash as a QB ever gets in this league. And the team didn't judge him "right after a major surgery". Collaros was 22 months post-surgery and 21 starts post-return when the team finally pulled the plug.

Slomojo2005

no support from team, right after a major surgery and everyone throws him under the bus.
Uh, the team eased him back from surgery, and then handed the reigns back to him in week 8 of 2016. He played some pretty good games for us that year too. Everyone was *excited* to see what he would do in 2017, because after returning midway through 2016 from the surgery he had in October 2015, he was now going to have another full off-season of recovery going for him coming into 2017. Despite the team's rough start, Austin was steadfast in his support of Collaros as the starter through the opening 8 losses of 2017.

If you like, you can point to some of the factors outside Collaros' control: the departure of Condell prior to the 2016 season, the team's overall offensive philosophy, protection, whatever. But nobody "threw Collaros under the bus". He was given about as long a leash as a QB ever gets in this league. And the team didn't judge him "right after a major surgery". Collaros was 22 months post-surgery and 21 starts post-return when the team finally pulled the plug.
O-line my griend, O-line was horrible and the rest of the team couldn’t have cared less  about playing with/for Austin. The everyone I refered to is  “fans” that put the disaster of last year on Zack’s shoulders, it seems.    Thatz what I meant and it has been discussed on this forum since about Labour Day.  You must have missed that!  Long leash and no opportunity to take reigns after Austin left and after team improved and after the team was out of playoff picture.  Did you ask yourself why?  What did they have to losse?  Do the math!

hendy77

Oh no SloMo...go back and read MY posts. I thought ZC should have had the opportunities to play with the new offence, the new O-line, the new running game. I still think he would have flourished under Jones, given the opportunity.

But Jones obviously saw it differently, which of course should be the case. But we'll never know. I don't think ZC was treated fairly last year.
Legs Feed the Wolf!

150GAGE

I think most of us agree that last years early edition of the team "stunk".
By the end of the year, the team did not want to pay Zachs high salary- and he wanted a new start.

Those that hate JF, will support JM; regardless of JMs short comings - cause they have become tribal in this situation - 
When one becomes tribal, they would rather be right at the cost of the greater good - in this case success of the overall team.
I dont think there is any real tiger-cat fan that does not wish JM the very best just as they wished ZC the very best in 2017.

CatsFaninOttawa

Oh no SloMo...go back and read MY posts. I thought ZC should have had the opportunities to play with the new offence, the new O-line, the new running game. I still think he would have flourished under Jones, given the opportunity.

But Jones obviously saw it differently, which of course should be the case. But we'll never know. I don't think ZC was treated fairly last year.
Not so sure. Prior to his injury, Collaros was able scramble fairly well. After? Not so much. Jones's offence depends on a mobile quarterback, and Collaros didn't seem mobile enough last year.

Guess we'll see if he's got it back this year.

Slomojo2005

I think most of us agree that last years early edition of the team "stunk".
By the end of the year, the team did not want to pay Zachs high salary- and he wanted a new start.

Those that hate JF, will support JM; regardless of JMs short comings - cause they have become tribal in this situation -
When one becomes tribal, they would rather be right at the cost of the greater good - in this case success of the overall team.
I dont think there is any real tiger-cat fan that does not wish JM the very best just as they wished ZC the very best in 2017.
Right on Gage

Slomojo2005

Not so sure. Prior to his injury, Collaros was able scramble fairly well. After? Not so much. Jones's offence depends on a mobile quarterback, and Collaros didn't seem mobile enough last year.

Guess we'll see if he's got it back this year.
Well maybe if Jones is/was the coach some say he is, he shouldn’t have tried to adapt the entire team to his new R&S style but rather, to the abilities of what he has/had!  Why change the world around you when you can just adapt to the world.  
Slomo the philosopher! 

CatsFaninOttawa

Well maybe if Jones is/was the coach some say he is, he shouldn’t have tried to adapt the entire team to his new R&S style but rather, to the abilities of what he has/had!  Why change the world around you when you can just adapt to the world.  
Slomo the philosopher!
But what he did was adapt the entire team to his new R&S style AND to the abilities of what he has/had. He had Masoli, who was/is well suited to the run-and-shoot. Seems the rest of the offence was well suited to it as well.

And now he has Manziel as well, another run-and-shoot type player.

Users Online

53 Guests, 2 Users (5 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
MadJack, ExPat, Google (AdSense) (2), Google (3)

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)