Garney 26

Like I've said, Johnny is showing enough promise to have Jeremiaha on a short leash. Any good coach will throw a gamer like JF in there when the starter falters.

cats99

Like I've said, Johnny is showing enough promise to have Jeremiaha on a short leash. Any good coach will throw a gamer like JF in there when the starter falters.
Yup you can tell that Masoli has the pressure on him to perform for his starter money that he is getting paid . Also it doesn’t help that #2 is getting lots f media attention and more and more reps!
Germany WC RUSSIA
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️+⭐️2018
🇩🇪

SeaFiddle

In some ways Masoli is having bad luck because after all these years he finally gets to be the guy and along comes Johnny Freaking Football. But that is the nature of professional sports.

I wish Masoli the best but he has to convince me by what he does on the field. I don’t buy the scenario that a lot of you are selling; that someone who has been in the league for 7 or 8 years and never been the guy is all of a sudden a top QB in the league and taking you to the GC. 
Anything is possible but that is not plausible in my mind. He played great in the last 10 games last year; great stats, 6 wins ( 2 of those over the Al’s) but can he keep up that level of success? We shall see.

I’m skeptical because I have repeatedly seen backup QB’s in the NFL that got hot over a short period only to end up back on the bench. Brian Hoyer is a great example. It’s ironic that JF finds himself in a similar situation with the TiCats. I’m betting there will be a different ending this time.

safetyblitz

I wish Masoli the best but he has to convince me by what he does on the field.
No, he only has to convince June Jones.

SeaFiddle

I wish Masoli the best but he has to convince me by what he does on the field.
No, he only has to convince June Jones.
Good point but everyone on this forum acts like their opinion matters.... they do not.  It is only Jones’ that matters which is why I believe JF will get plenty of shots this season.

ExPat

Good point but everyone on this forum acts like their opinion matters.... they do not. 

Hypothetical question (not directed at anyone in particular because that would be rude):  If someone posts the same opinion over and over and over again, are they acting like their opinion matters even more?

SeaFiddle

LOL.... this whole forum is a discussion about opinions that don’t matter. Isn’t part of the entertainment of sports attempting to predict based on opinions that will soon be proven true or false.  We could all just wait and then discuss what we all witnessed.  But it’s a lot more fun to bet on what we think might come to pass. That’s why we have horse racing.

Yes I have consistently argued the same point but there are plenty more on the other side who have consistently dismissed JF. My opinion hasn’t changed from my first post and that is that the TiCats have the next Doug Flutie on their roster. I know many laugh at that ascertion but I believe if we could somehow go back in time and it actually was Doug Flutie on the roster he would be dismissed by the same people.

canadianfootballfan

Hypothetical question (not directed at anyone in particular because that would be rude):  If someone posts the same opinion over and over and over again, are they acting like their opinion matters even more?
Yes.

SeaFiddle

LOL ..... I don’t think I’m being rude but if I am then I fit right in with a lot of posters to this forum. I try to give logical arguments but rarely get logical arguments back. Think about this guys. I’m new to the CFL but I’m willing to post what I know about ( it appears others have already been run off.)  Do I know anything about players in the draft? No! Do I know how players performed last year or even who they are? No! Do I know about the History of the CFL and the TiCats. Very little (I’m learning.)  I could go down the topics and which ones could someone new really comment on? Few if any!  And at least one time when commenting on a different thread I was told basically shutup and get back on the JF thread. 

So therefore, Duh (rude), I’m talking about what I know. And I would challenge my knowledge about Johnny Manziel against anyone on this forum. There are lots of topics I would discuss but they aren’t on the list and at least some of them are taboo because they might be seen as dissing the CFL (which I have also been accused of.)
But no matter, I’m loving the fact that ESPN2 is carrying all four CFL games this week and I’m pumped about getting to watch all of them. And I’m especially pumped to see what June Jones can do with this team starting Saturday.

Krisiun

The irony here is that if Masoli plays anywhere near how he did in the preseason and continues to be the least accurate passer in the CFL, the show has just begun.
Why do you keep harping on that one Derek Taylor cherry picked stat, which isn't even a stat that CFL.ca even tracks while ignoring all the other stats he led in his 10 game starts (compared to the 10 games the other starters played in that span), like yards, and having the best TD-to-Interception ratio?

It's almost like you're hating on him for the sake of hating on him....
Kinda like harping on how many games in a row a QB loses when its clearly a team game?

I said at the time last year I wasn't a fan of the receivers he missed that were wide open. Lets ignore the "Derek Taylor cherry picked stat" for a second. He was 2nd last among QBs for COMPLETION PERCENTAGE (real stat), the only QB he was better than was Zach Collaros (63.7% to 62.8%). In the Derek Taylor video he mentions that "Masoli threw double the passes either at or behind the line of scrimmage". There's no other way to cut it, that's a terrible stat. It just proves what many on this site have said, which is that he isn't that accurate. Collaros was within 1 percentage point in a completely different offense throwing no screens, hitches or anything. I still maintain that any QB in the league could have run the offense last year because the throws weren't that hard. Throwing a screen to Banks who takes it 60 yards on the first play of the game is QB stat padding.

At least something I'm harping on is actually a thing unlike others that continually harp on things like "bailing us out" or "hes a team guy who his teammates love" or "the team magically gets better he's in" - that's emotional. I'm providing stats and my own observations, which is that Masoli isn't that accurate and for every great ball he zips into a window he misses 2 guys wide open in the flats.

If we're going to continue to throw hitches and screens all day i'd personally rather start the season with Manziel.
Excellent Crash!  I can’t believe how many people on fhis forum put on “ rose coloured glasses” when it came to Masoli and how he personally turned the team around last year. It was a total team tirn around and it happened right after Austin left and NOT because of Jones magic.  I like Masoli but he is just mediocre, not our Grey Cup guy/ not the guy.  I’d like to mention the ZC guy now but people will jump all over that!
So let's see:

Collaros/Austin: OUT
Masoli/Jones   :  IN

An 0-8 record turns around into a 6-4 record but the QB/Coach change was NOT the catalyst for the  improved record. What colour are those glasses again?
It's perfectly clear that you would never give Masoli credit even if he led the team to a Grey Cup championship. If they did win it would be in spite of Masoli leading the team. Pathetic.
I sincerely hope that on November 25 you enjoy your large Grey Cup dinner platter of crow.

Lennywasout

Hypothetical question (not directed at anyone in particular because that would be rude):  If someone posts the same opinion over and over and over again, are they acting like their opinion matters even more?
Yes.
Yes..yes...and it’s on any and every thread where there could possibly any minute reference to JF.  I deliberately stay out of the “Johnny only “ thread because I’m sick of reading a certain poster obnoxious arguments.  But now it’s seeping into other threads and if I respond again to him in any sort of way, he’ll complain and try to get me banned again.  
I’m a huge Ticat fan and truly enjoy these forums but it’s getting tiring because to be able to read about any given subject it becomes a JFF thing again.
As I’ve stated recently,after seeing his recent reviews I’m slowly converting to accepting that he’s really trying to turn his life around. I have no opinion at all about his football prowess as related to the CFL.
I’m rooting for Masoli because he’s paid his dues.

Krisiun

Yes.
Yes..yes...and it’s on any and every thread where there could possibly any minute reference to JF.  I deliberately stay out of the “Johnny only “ thread because I’m sick of reading a certain poster obnoxious arguments.  But now it’s seeping into other threads and if I respond again to him in any sort of way, he’ll complain and try to get me banned again.  
I’m a huge Ticat fan and truly enjoy these forums but it’s getting tiring because to be able to read about any given subject it becomes a JFF thing again.
As I’ve stated recently,after seeing his recent reviews I’m slowly converting to accepting that he’s really trying to turn his life around. I have no opinion at all about his football prowess as related to the CFL.
Very well said Lenny.

ExPat

Do I know anything about players in the draft? No! Do I know how players performed last year or even who they are? No! Do I know about the History of the CFL and the TiCats. Very little (I’m learning.)  I could go down the topics and which ones could someone new really comment on? Few if any!
Well said.  I knew there were plenty of things we could agree on.

mysecondname

Yes.
And the bit##in about other posters continues on, and on, and on.... It's more tiring than having a new "raw raw" guy in the fold. What good is being a fan if you can't clap your hands and stamp your feet for your guy?
**********Owning a drone does not make one a pilot**********

canadianfootballfan

Yes.
And the bit##in about other posters continues on, and on, and on.... It's more tiring than having a new "raw raw" guy in the fold. What good is being a fan if you can't clap your hands and stamp your feet for your guy?
So you're doing exactly what you say you're against - complaining about other posters.

Users Online

53 Guests, 5 Users (9 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mark7, StormRider1, jonny24eh, FootbalYouBet, Google (AdSense), Google (7), Alexa

Most Online Today: 121. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)