Killer91

In my opinion, the coaches have spent enough time and energy at this year's camp trying to bring Manziel up to speed.  It's time we see some progress in preparing in other areas for the brutal schedule we have coming up.  Lets hope Masoli bails us out again and takes us to the next level despite the side show of a training camp he had to deal with (disrespectful to him as usual).

My thoughts....

-Fortunately Alex Green looked great today

-I hope we have a play to score from inside the 5 yard line without making a pass out of the shot gun.

-With Vernon Adams essentially gone - who's the 3rd and short guy? That was his designated job and has been an issue. I think an underrated skill.  Not sure JF is ready for that dirty job.

-I haven't seen much on defence yet so jury is still out on Glanville.

-I hope our kicker is consistent.

Mitchell and Young's egos have been stroked now and they got all the publicity in the world they hoped for.  Let's hope it was all worth it.  Not sure what more upside there is than that.  JF did throw an exciting incompletion today. It was awesome!  Great at running around behind scrimmage. If anyone else did that, it would be an outrage.

Now let's get serious and off to a good start!

Garney 26

Problem is Masoli is only slightly above average at best. And it won't be too hard to see Manziel getting a pretty quick shot if the Cats falter the first few weeks.

Onemoredork

"When are we ever going to develop a QB ?"

Hamilton Tiger-Cat fans

1950 - present.

Killer91

We accidently did with Masoli.

Palmer

Hamilton Tiger-Cat fans

1950 - present.
Now, let’s not blow it panting after Manziel.

CatsFaninOttawa

Hamilton Tiger-Cat fans

1950 - present.
You might want to adjust that starting date. We did develop at least one pretty good QBs early in that period.

Onemoredork

Right. Lets be satisfied with we have. Why try to get better ?

Onemoredork

Hamilton Tiger-Cat fans

1950 - present.
You might want to adjust that starting date. We did develop at least one pretty good QBs early in that period.
HTC fans are timeless. 

Finding something to complain about no matter how positive or constructive or contradictory

Killer91

Right. Lets be satisfied with we have. Why try to get better ?
At what cost? That's yet to be determined.  Now we have a 2, 3 and 4 quarterback with 0 CFL experience. (Once Adams is gone). We need Masoli to succeed even more now than ever!  If he goes down or falters we are likely in trouble at least in the short term.  I'm sure if we need to play JF it means we are in trouble and have the potential to throw another season away and my STH $ with it.

SeaFiddle

Hamilton Tiger-Cat fans

1950 - present.
Masoli will stand or fall on his own. It has nothing to do with Manziel. Masoli needs to look a lot better than he looked the first preseason game that’s for sure.
The first three games could look very ugly.  

Manziel is not close to his full potential yet. He needs more time. I wasn’t that impressed with Masoli the first game. He and the whole team are going to have to play much much better to even keep it close next Saturday.

Killer91

Hamilton Tiger-Cat fans

1950 - present.
Masoli will stand or fall on his own. It has nothing to do with Manziel. Masoli needs to look a lot better than he looked the first preseason game that’s for sure.
The first three games could look very ugly.  

Manziel is not close to his full potential yet. He needs more time. I wasn’t that impressed with Masoli the first game. He and the whole team are going to have to play much much better to even keep it close next Saturday.

Seafiddle, You are correct on that...JF can ask Collaros how the West division is working out for him...it's another level of Canadian Football.  The high school game we saw today ain't gonna happen next week.

Odee

-I hope we have a play to score from inside the 5 yard line without making a pass out of the shot gun.

-With Vernon Adams essentially gone - who's the 3rd and short guy? That was his designated job and has been an issue. I think an underrated skill.  Not sure JF is ready for that dirty job.

Mitchell and Young's egos have been stroked now and they got all the publicity in the world they hoped for.  Let's hope it was all worth it.  Not sure what more upside there is than that.  JF did throw an exciting incompletion today. It was awesome!  Great at running around behind scrimmage. If anyone else did that, it would be an outrage.

I read the forums quite a bit, but don't usually post.

1) Agree. Green has stepped in very well in place of CJ.

2) The CFL end zone is a nice size that shotgun from within the 5 yard line is not crazy; Shotgun I feel gives the QB a better vantage point of reading the Defence AND depending on what is read, throwing could easily be the better judgement call. HOWEVER, if the team is predictable then the Defence will obviously respond as such... so this should not be routine.

3) Short distance guy will be Evans, assuming he is not cut tomorrow (based on today's performance he has the #3 spot). I also believe that Whitlock will carry the rock in some short yardage plays. I wouldn't be surprised to see an I formation with an extra running back sometimes to be honest..... haven't seen that in quite a while with this team. However, to me it seems as though Whitlock is perfect for such a formation as he has the build to block while on the run, or take the ball and plow through for a coup.le yards.

4) The Defence will come together. The majority are coming back from last year and are already familiar with their play. Once the Defence gels, I can see this Defence being one of the best this year.

5) Pretty sure everyone here would agree they want the kicker to be consistently good. Hajrullahu has been off and on during the pre-season.. so who knows. Hopefully he will pull through for us as he did with Toronto.

As far as the whole "side show" comment.... I don't think they should stop putting energy into developing Manziel. Why would they? They already put all this time, energy, and money toward him. Why would you stop? Why would you want them to stop? 

The entire point of competition with in is exactly that, figure out who is going to perform the best. Did Masoli perform great for us last year? He sure did. But that shouldn't guarantee him a free pass.. look at Collaros. Collaros performed amazingly well for us. He was given a huge contract and essentially a free pass. That turned out great for us right? It almost did. But there was a lot of outcry for Masoli to get time to develop... it didn't happen until Masoli was forced in due to injury to Collaros. Had Masoli had more time to develop before hand, history may have been written differently.

At the end of the day regardless of whether someone is 1st or 10th string... if the guy is on OUR team we want to be developing him regardless of position and prestige of the player. It benefits the team as a whole.  

Finally..... let's have a great season!

safetyblitz

13411M1Rush(06:49) S. THOMAS ERLINGTON Run (1 yds), Touchdown2914

https://www.cfl.ca/games/2465/hamilton-tiger-cats-vs-montreal-alouettes/#playbyplay

Killer91

13411M1Rush(06:49) S. THOMAS ERLINGTON Run (1 yds), Touchdown2914

https://www.cfl.ca/games/2465/hamilton-tiger-cats-vs-montreal-alouettes/#playbyplay
Let me be more specific. Outside the 1 but thanks.
We'll see, saw a lot of same shot gun today that didn't work last year.  Maybe that will be JF's specialty.

Killer91

-With Vernon Adams essentially gone - who's the 3rd and short guy? That was his designated job and has been an issue. I think an underrated skill.  Not sure JF is ready for that dirty job.

Mitchell and Young's egos have been stroked now and they got all the publicity in the world they hoped for.  Let's hope it was all worth it.  Not sure what more upside there is than that.  JF did throw an exciting incompletion today. It was awesome!  Great at running around behind scrimmage. If anyone else did that, it would be an outrage.

I read the forums quite a bit, but don't usually post.

1) Agree. Green has stepped in very well in place of CJ.

2) The CFL end zone is a nice size that shotgun from within the 5 yard line is not crazy; Shotgun I feel gives the QB a better vantage point of reading the Defence AND depending on what is read, throwing could easily be the better judgement call. HOWEVER, if the team is predictable then the Defence will obviously respond as such... so this should not be routine.

3) Short distance guy will be Evans, assuming he is not cut tomorrow (based on today's performance he has the #3 spot). I also believe that Whitlock will carry the rock in some short yardage plays. I wouldn't be surprised to see an I formation with an extra running back sometimes to be honest..... haven't seen that in quite a while with this team. However, to me it seems as though Whitlock is perfect for such a formation as he has the build to block while on the run, or take the ball and plow through for a coup.le yards.

4) The Defence will come together. The majority are coming back from last year and are already familiar with their play. Once the Defence gels, I can see this Defence being one of the best this year.

5) Pretty sure everyone here would agree they want the kicker to be consistently good. Hajrullahu has been off and on during the pre-season.. so who knows. Hopefully he will pull through for us as he did with Toronto.

As far as the whole "side show" comment.... I don't think they should stop putting energy into developing Manziel. Why would they? They already put all this time, energy, and money toward him. Why would you stop? Why would you want them to stop?

The entire point of competition with in is exactly that, figure out who is going to perform the best. Did Masoli perform great for us last year? He sure did. But that shouldn't guarantee him a free pass.. look at Collaros. Collaros performed amazingly well for us. He was given a huge contract and essentially a free pass. That turned out great for us right? It almost did. But there was a lot of outcry for Masoli to get time to develop... it didn't happen until Masoli was forced in due to injury to Collaros. Had Masoli had more time to develop before hand, history may have been written differently.

At the end of the day regardless of whether someone is 1st or 10th string... if the guy is on OUR team we want to be developing him regardless of position and prestige of the player. It benefits the team as a whole.  

Finally..... let's have a great season!
Nice reply.  You should post more.

Users Online

49 Guests, 2 Users (5 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Garney 26, MadJack, Google (4), Alexa

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)