Grover

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Monday that the football club has signed international free agent placekicker and punter Kenny Allen.
Allen, 23, signed as an undrafted free agent with the National Football League’s Baltimore Ravens on May 5, 2017. He attended training camp and played in four preseason games with the Ravens, punting 13 times for 593 yards (45.6 yards per punt) and pinning his opponents inside the 20-yard line on five occasions. Allen was released by Baltimore on September 1.
The 6-3, 223-pound native of Fenton, Michigan, suited up in 32 games over four years at the University of Michigan (2013-16), serving as the team’s primary placekicker in his final two seasons and primary punter in 2016. During his career with the Wolverines, Allen made 37-of-45 field goals (82.2%) and converted all 99 of his single convert attempts, becoming the second-most accurate kicker in school history. He also punted 56 times for 2,448 yards (43.7 yards per punt) with 24 punts inside his opponent’s 20-yard line, had back-to-back 100-point seasons (2015-16), and in 2016, was named an Academic All-Big Ten Honouree and to the All-Big Ten special teams second-team by both coaches and media.

The Tiger-Cats also announced Monday that the following player has been added to the six-game injured list:
INT – P/K – Sergio Castillo

http://ticats.ca/tiger-cats-sign-kicker-allen/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

jaybird24

I guess they won't go after Milo.    This guy is 6'3"  and 223 pounds, bigger than most of the Ticat receivers and running backs.

ExPat

Who had him in the pool?

Gerbear20

This Kenny Allen looks like a very good punter who also was Michigan's placekicker with good results for two years 

check the video ..gig guy with relaxed accurate and long punts 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XOI0pxu4O4

tabbiefanmcb

I guess they won't go after Milo.    This guy is 6'3"  and 223 pounds, bigger than most of the Ticat receivers and running backs.
Milo being an experience national kicker would probably come with a higher price tag.  Regardless Allen sounds like he can probably get the job done if he can adapt quickly to the idiosyncrasies of our Canadian game.   Good luck to him.  

Crash

This Kenny Allen looks like a very good punter who also was Michigan's placekicker with good results for two years

check the video ..gig guy with relaxed accurate and long punts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XOI0pxu4O4
Thanks for reminding me about that Michigan OSU game. I tried to forget it.

my home team

When Medlock left, there was much chagrin. Brett Maher arrived with fans wondering. He finished with a great year.

When Maher departed, this team signed Sergio Castillo, there were a number of those who thought our kicking game was in for a downturn. Yet, he's gone on to perform solidly.

With the spate of injuries that have hit this team, I'm sure Allen's number was in their speed dial for sometime.

I'm confident he will do well.

ExPat

When Medlock left, there was much chagrin. 
It felt like a lot of chagrin at the time, but we've seen so much more chagrin since then, that I almost wish for a return to Medlock-level chagrin.

Grover

Drew Edwards‏Verified account 
@scratchingpost
  15m15 minutes ago
#Ticats have elected not to sign Canadian kicker @brettlauther after his workout yesterday. Will go with just @Kenny__Allen for now. #CFL

SilverSurfer

Sounds like good find, look forward to seeing Allen perform!

GO CATS GO!!

Grover

Impressive Stats from MTL game

F/G - 5 for 5, including  48 and 45 yarders

Punting - 5 for 41 yard avg.

K/O - 7 for 66 yard avg

blackandgld

Impressive Stats from MTL game

F/G - 5 for 5, including  48 and 45 yarders

Punting - 5 for 41 yard avg.

K/O - 7 for 66 yard avg
YUP, so far so good. Spend the offseason working out with an eye to our Canadian game and field and he should be good to go next season.

Users Online

110 Guests, 15 Users (13 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
vjcos, The Last Word, KevinRiley2, Palmer, idealsheldon, nopa, bobo82, LeBird, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, EastVanMark, bowl450, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)