bobo82

Here is a team by team list of former Cats who might become available . Surprisingly there aren't many out of the 28 who I would be interested in wanting the team to re-sign for a second  go around with the club .

Montreal (5)............Xavier Fulton-ot /Jacory Harris-qb /Jeremy Lewis-ot /Brian Simmons-ol
Brandon Stewart-db

Ottawa  (4)............Arnold Gascon-Nadon-de/Mossis Madu-rb/Brent Maher-k/Taylor Reed-lb

Toronto (3)............Rico Murray-lb /Johnny Sears-db/Cassius Vaughan-db

Winnipeg (2).........Dan LeFevour-qb/Drake Nevis-dt

Saskatchewan (2).Chris Getzlaf-wr/Eddie Steele-dt

Calgary (2)...........Rory Kohlert-wr/Anthony Woodson-rb

Edmonton (9).......Johnny Adams-db/John Delahunt-fb/Joel Figueroa-ot/CJ Gable-rb/Alex Hoffman-Ellis-lb/Neil King-db/Kendell Lawrence-rb/Hugh O'Neill-k/Simeon Rottier-ol

B.Columbia (1).....Cody Husband-ol
Just a follow up on my previous post , as I stated of the 28 ex-Cats that could become possible FA's there are not many that I would be interested in re-signing for a 2nd go around with the team . Out of the 28 listed there is only 5 out of the 28 that I would consider . I'm sure that some of you might not agree with me on my choices but anyways here goes .

So going team by team looking at who the players are , here is the 5 who I might consider re-signing :

Montreal : None of them

Ottawa : Arnold Gascon-Nadon-de . He has started the last two years for Ottawa since leaving, is Cdn and could add added depth or even as a possible replacement in case we don't re-sign Capiccotti .

Toronto : Rico Murray-lb/db , Cassius Vaughan-db . Would love either of these guys back in the Black "n" Gold as both had break-out years and were instrumental in helping Toronto capturing the Cup this year .

Winnipeg : Dan LeFevour-qb . Wouldn't mind seeing Dan come back , especially with the possibility of losing Golson and Masoli . I feel he has the capability and experience to be a solid number #2 depending on how our muddled QB situation pans out this off season .

Saskatchewan: Neither of them

Calgary : Neither of them

Edmonton : Joel Figueroa -ot . I would only be interested in him if we lost Tony Washington in FA as a possible replacement .

B .Columbia : Not interested .

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Grover

Here is something I didn't know.

All those 200+ free agents are now free to tryout and negotiate for NFL teams even tho their CFL rights are still held by their CFL team until Thursday Feb. 13th 2018.

PFRPA
@ThePFRPA
27m27 minutes ago
NFL teams may now conduct non-contact tryouts & negotiate with #CFL players whose contracts expire in Feb. 2018.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

ottawacat

This doesn't list "who," but is a different look at "what's" on the league list of pending free agents:

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/11/30/numbers-2018-pending-free-agents-glance/

This, and other recent league lists, show the TiCats as having 17 players up for free agency.  The 3downnation list, with which Grover started this thread, showed 18, but did not include Dominique Ellis, whose name appears on the more recently published lists.  So, it appears our number is really 19, but shows as 17 because Fantuz and Crawford were both put on the "Retired" list for the final game of the season and, officially at least, remain there.

schmenger

Here is a team by team list of former Cats who might become available . Surprisingly there aren't many out of the 28 who I would be interested in wanting the team to re-sign for a second  go around with the club .

Montreal (5)............Xavier Fulton-ot /Jacory Harris-qb /Jeremy Lewis-ot /Brian Simmons-ol
Brandon Stewart-db

Ottawa  (4)............Arnold Gascon-Nadon-de/Mossis Madu-rb/Brent Maher-k/Taylor Reed-lb

Edmonton (9).......Johnny Adams-db/John Delahunt-fb/Joel Figueroa-ot/CJ Gable-rb/Alex Hoffman-Ellis-lb/Neil King-db/Kendell Lawrence-rb/Hugh O'Neill-k/Simeon Rottier-ol

Just a follow up on my previous post , as I stated of the 28 ex-Cats that could become possible FA's there are not many that I would be interested in re-signing for a 2nd go around with the team . Out of the 28 listed there is only 5 out of the 28 that I would consider . I'm sure that some of you might not agree with me on my choices but anyways here goes .

So going team by team looking at who the players are , here is the 5 who I might consider re-signing :

Ottawa : Arnold Gascon-Nadon-de . He has started the last two years for Ottawa since leaving, is Cdn and could add added depth or even as a possible replacement in case we don't re-sign Capiccotti .

Toronto : Rico Murray-lb/db , Cassius Vaughan-db . Would love either of these guys back in the Black "n" Gold as both had break-out years and were instrumental in helping Toronto capturing the Cup this year .

Winnipeg : Dan LeFevour-qb . Wouldn't mind seeing Dan come back , especially with the possibility of losing Golson and Masoli . I feel he has the capability and experience to be a solid number #2 depending on how our muddled QB situation pans out this off season .

Edmonton : Joel Figueroa -ot . I would only be interested in him if we lost Tony Washington in FA as a possible replacement .

Why would any of the players listed want to return to the Hammer? Austin let them walk so what would motivate a player to want to come back. Player news travels quickly amongst the teams and the thought of players displeasure with Austin will also prevent free agents from wanting to play in the Hammer.

Slomojo2005

Brandon Stewart-db

Why would any of the players listed want to return to the Hammer? Austin let them walk so what would motivate a player to want to come back. Player news travels quickly amongst the teams and the thought of players displeasure with Austin will also prevent free agents from wanting to play in the Hammer.
Why would any player listwd want to return?  Well if it in their beat interest, they will.  All players know that itz business and all anout $ and cents.  They know itz not personal, so if they are made a good offer, they will come back.  I think it is us that are over-sensitive about these things. 

schmenger

Brandon Stewart-db

Why would any player listwd want to return?  Well if it in their beat interest, they will.  All players know that itz business and all anout $ and cents.  They know itz not personal, so if they are made a good offer, they will come back.  I think it is us that are over-sensitive about these things.
In some cases it becomes personal when players loose their trust in the head coach (Austin) and prefer to move on hoping for a better opportunity elsewhere. One would guess the new one year contracts are consistently applied across the league when it it all comes down to the "money". 

Grover

Ex-TiCat Beau Landry was just released by SSK
We drafted him in the 1st round in the 2014 draft

Local guy from Kitchener

If I remember correctly, he was a pretty good Special teams player for us

ottawacat

Local guy from Kitchener

I think you do remember correctly.
But, he only played 6 games in his last year here ('16), and was on the 6-Game Injured List for the 2nd 2/3 or that season.   I don't recall what his injury was, but thinking knee or achilles.  He was not re-signed and Calgary, was impressed enough, to ink him on Day 1 of free agency in Feb. this year.  He was released by them in August, without playing (don't know how much he practised) and picked up immediately by SSK, where he played in just 1 game ... here, against the TiCats in mid September.  You'd have to think he just never got completely over that 2016 injury or was seriously re-injured while with the Riders.  

Onemoredork

Local guy from Kitchener

Does he still qualify as a haunting ?

of course

Allemang has a good history of drafting kids right out of college who can step in right away and contribute on special teams...for a lot less money than it would cost the Ticats to sign a special teamer who has been in the league a few years already.

bobo82

Local guy from Kitchener

28 STT in 36 games played over 3 seasons as a Cat . The problem with Landry though was he only dressed for 6 gms in his last season here in 2016 and spent the rest of the season on IL . He followed that up with only playing in 1 gm in 2017 for the Riders after being released by the Stamps early in the season , spending the rest of the season on IL . So basically he has only dressed and played in 7 out of a possible 36 games the last two seasons and has be on the IL for the other 29 gms .

ExPat

Allemang has a good history of drafting kids right out of college who can step in right away and contribute on special teams...for a lot less money than it would cost the Ticats to sign a special teamer who has been in the league a few years already.
I think his streak may have come to an end.  Our special teams (other than kicking) were horrible this year.  

Grover

Teddy Laurent turns 30 today, Would love to see him re-signed!

Onemoredork

Re-sign and you're a accused of hamstringing the team with fat contracts.

Let him walk to save money and its yet another example of an exodus of talent leaving the team because of mismanagement. 

Message board GMs and local paper beat writers anxiously await to choose which one......

schmenger

Tough call. Cleon Lang is a suitable replacement. Not sure how much money could be saved if Ted leaves and Lang signs with the dark side. 

Users Online

134 Guests, 21 Users (18 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
shadowski, heapbag, Espo, BC-Boy, tabbiefan72, KevinRiley2, TravelPat1, RBFan2014, 150GAGE, kfan, of course, cartman20, Lyle B. Style, alphamale111, Mr., Oskie18, Robert, Mightygoose, Hammertown Proud, Google (AdSense) (10), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 187. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)