Grover

Herb Zurkowsky‏ 
@HerbZurkowsky1

The neg list player #Als receive from Hamilton is QB Alex Tanney. He's 6-foot-4 and 220 pounds. Just released by Tennessee, he signed with the New York Giants.
4:20 PM - 2 May 2018

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

canadianfootballfan

Hello Mark Chapman.
 HAM has a surplus of OL so you trade for a need like a NAT receiver. Its what good teams do.
Hamilton also has a surplus of National receivers.  6 currently on the roster - before the draft.  If they only start 1 Canadian receiver like last year, then they are already 6 deep at that one position.

Onemoredork

Hello Mark Chapman.
 HAM has a surplus of OL so you trade for a need like a NAT receiver. Its what good teams do.
Hamilton also has a surplus of National receivers.  6 currently on the roster - before the draft.  If they only start 1 Canadian receiver like last year, then they are already 6 deep at that one position.
With the exception of Chambers none of them are everyday impact players and may well never be.

If Chapman matches the hype he will.

ExPat

I hate this trade. 

Ticatsfan25

I hate this trade.
Let's wait and see.  There has to be more coming.  If there isnt, then we can hate away...

of course

Great trade for the Ticats.

We already have many cheaper, younger reserve OL in the pipeline who can step in and start in Bomben's spot.

And now we are guaranteed to get the one player in the draft who we most covet.  And you have to think the Ticats believe this particular player is a ratio-buster who can start immediately.

DisplacedCatsFan

My initial thoughts are this is to get younger, and a salary cap move.  Ticats will take a replacement OL with first overall pick, get 8 years younger, and pay an inexpensive rookie deal for first 2 years.

The depth picks aren't really material and are pretty much a wash.  Key thing is us moving up 1 spot, and is that guy ultimately worth Bomben plus how much better he is supposed to be vs the 2nd overall pick.

And in all honesty, if Ticats shave $100k+ in salary by dropping Bomben plus Robinson, this might be cap clearing for Manziel....  no other reason why this is needed IMO.  Bomben stud Canadian OL, perennial all-star.  No need to trade unless it's a cap move.
IIRC, the last 2 number 1 OL picks held out for $100k. The savings may not be as much as hoped...
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

HfxTC

My initial thoughts are this is to get younger, and a salary cap move.  Ticats will take a replacement OL with first overall pick, get 8 years younger, and pay an inexpensive rookie deal for first 2 years.

The depth picks aren't really material and are pretty much a wash.  Key thing is us moving up 1 spot, and is that guy ultimately worth Bomben plus how much better he is supposed to be vs the 2nd overall pick.

And in all honesty, if Ticats shave $100k+ in salary by dropping Bomben plus Robinson, this might be cap clearing for Manziel....  no other reason why this is needed IMO.  Bomben stud Canadian OL, perennial all-star.  No need to trade unless it's a cap move.
IIRC, the last 2 number 1 OL picks held out for $100k. The savings may not be as much as hoped...
Trade will pay for the two first rounders and their signing bonus. That's all.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Ticatsfan25

Yeah totally, I mean it depends on what that number works out to be.  But lets say Robinson was making 60k, and Bomben 175k-200k (speculating), works out to 235k in players released for draft picks.  If he holds out for 100k then we've still opened up 135k in new cap room, on the low end.

Obviously still remains to be seen, but I am struggling to see how this is the only move we make as a result here.  If it is, is the difference in talent between 1st overall and 2nd overall really THAT material that we create arguably a gaping hole in the o-line just so we could get "our guy"?

hendy77

I too, do not like this.

Bomben is (was) one of our top O-linemen.

Burlington kid.

Loved his game.
Legs Feed the Wolf!

ronfromtigertown

Peter Dyakowski?  
God grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.
[/color] "

canadianfootballfan

Peter Dyakowski?  
Maybe for the #3 Guard role.  They typically dress.

HfxTC

Yeah totally, I mean it depends on what that number works out to be.  But lets say Robinson was making 60k, and Bomben 175k-200k (speculating), works out to 235k in players released for draft picks.  If he holds out for 100k then we've still opened up 135k in new cap room, on the low end.

Obviously still remains to be seen, but I am struggling to see how this is the only move we make as a result here.  If it is, is the difference in talent between 1st overall and 2nd overall really THAT material that we create arguably a gaping hole in the o-line just so we could get "our guy"?
Your team also picked up what is likely pick #10 in next year's draft. A very exciting crop according to most in the business.

bobo82

Peter Dyakowski?  
Maybe for the #3 Guard role.  They typically dress.
My guess would be probably Landon Rice . Rice has been in the #6 slot now for 5 yrs . I'm thinking that he gets bumped up into the starting five as Bomben's replacement and one of the young guys behind him (Schram, Golding, Okafor ) or perhaps someone we draft tonight moves onto the roster as our regular second reserve backup as we usually dress 7 OL on the game day 44 man .

Here is how our new revamped O-Line could possibly look like this season....

Starters

LT - Tony Washington  
LG - Brandon Revenberg
C - Mike Filer
RG -Landon Rice
RT- Ryker Mathews

Reserves

C - Brett Golding
G - Braden Schram
G - Kay OKafor (pr)
OT- Vacant (Import) (rl or pr)
OL- possible unknown Draft pick(s) tonight ?

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

canadianfootballfan

Rice is ready IMO.  The only reason he wasn't starting already was because they had the more versatile Bomben on the roster.  Rice has versatility also though.  I remember a game around 2015 or so where Rice was the starting RG, and the import RT got injured.  What they did was put Rice's backup at RG, and Rice at RT.  He actually fared pretty well also, and could play there in a passable manner in a pinch.

Users Online

93 Guests, 11 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ticat1, everyman, TravelPat1, Augustus67, SeaFiddle, hairyarm, Lyle B. Style, Oskie18, Bigshot, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (11)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)