stevehvh

This...   is...  awesome!

Puts a whole new slant on the Manziel thing.  His stack of poker chips just dropped by 75%.  Good luck with negotiations and deadlines now.  For complete disclosure, I want to see him in camp, at a fair price, with a balanced coaching staff not favouring one guy over the other.

Nice moves TiCat management.

Welcome Vernon!
X2.

And especially your last point:

Welcome, Vernon. I'm glad to see you as a Tiger-Cat, and wish you all the best of success in Hamilton.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

SilverSurfer

Welcome Vernon to the Tiger-Cats!!

Forget Johnny and lets move on to signing more Cat free agents and other players who want to play in Hamilton and the CFL.

GO CATS GO!!!

ExPat

Quite possibly the best place for Adams to land, in that he has a clear chance to be the unquestioned #2 QB, and gets to learn in an offence where a lot is expected of the QB. 

I don't think a starter role is on the table for him at this point.  But he can draw encouragement from the fact that the #1 guy worked his way up by taking advantage of opportunities as they came.  And they always come at some point.

As for alternatives:  he looked to be #3 is Sask, would not want to go back to Montreal, and would likely have been #3 in OTT, TOR, EDM, WIN.  Not really sure about CAL or BC.

Slomojo2005

I love this move by TiCat management.   Raising and going “all in” at the turn hand to force Johnny’s hand.  Brilliant!!!!

Espo

guys....   its Vernon Adams....   he's a nice pick up...  but he's making less than 100K.  This in no way inhibits what the cats can spend on Manziel, should they come to an agreement.  

Again, nice depth, but we would have needed that regardless.
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

Obrigardo

Quite possibly the best place for Adams to land, in that he has a clear chance to be the unquestioned #2 QB, and gets to learn in an offence where a lot is expected of the QB.

I don't think a starter role is on the table for him at this point.  But he can draw encouragement from the fact that the #1 guy worked his way up by taking advantage of opportunities as they came.  And they always come at some point.

As for alternatives:  he looked to be #3 is Sask, would not want to go back to Montreal, and would likely have been #3 in OTT, TOR, EDM, WIN.  Not really sure about CAL or BC.
By that logic every team in the cfl but the als has a better no 2 than us

ExPat

I don't think a starter role is on the table for him at this point.  But he can draw encouragement from the fact that the #1 guy worked his way up by taking advantage of opportunities as they came.  And they always come at some point.

As for alternatives:  he looked to be #3 is Sask, would not want to go back to Montreal, and would likely have been #3 in OTT, TOR, EDM, WIN.  Not really sure about CAL or BC.
Well, you tell me.  Drew Tate, James Franklin, Darian Durant, Brandon Bridge, Kevin Glenn.  (I left CAL and BC blank.)  Do you rank Adams ahead of any of these?  At the very least they are entrenched because the teams have invested time and/or money into them.  Many are on the downside of their careers, while Adams still has upside - but I'm talking about 2018, not 2021.

Slomojo2005

guys....   its Vernon Adams....   he's a nice pick up...  but he's making less than 100K.  This in no way inhibits what the cats can spend on Manziel, should they come to an agreement.  

Again, nice depth, but we would have needed that regardless.
Agreed but it does show Johnny that we have alternatives, probably more than he has!

heapbag

Well, you tell me.  Drew Tate, James Franklin, Darian Durant, Brandon Bridge, Kevin Glenn.  (I left CAL and BC blank.)  Do you rank Adams ahead of any of these?  At the very least they are entrenched because the teams have invested time and/or money into them.  Many are on the downside of their careers, while Adams still has upside - but I'm talking about 2018, not 2021.
Yes.  Durant is worse.  Glenn is worse.  It's the current year you know.

ExPat

Well, you tell me.  Drew Tate, James Franklin, Darian Durant, Brandon Bridge, Kevin Glenn.  (I left CAL and BC blank.)  Do you rank Adams ahead of any of these?  At the very least they are entrenched because the teams have invested time and/or money into them.  Many are on the downside of their careers, while Adams still has upside - but I'm talking about 2018, not 2021.
Yes.  Durant is worse.  Glenn is worse.  It's the current year you know.
OK, this is great.  I know we all like to argue with each other sometimes.  All I said is that Adams can be the unquestioned #2 in Hamilton, and he would not be in those other cities.  This is a good thing for Adams.  Being #2 is better than being #3.  I am happy we landed him.

It's wonderful that you think he is better than Glenn.  In 2017 they were on the same team, and Glenn was the starter while Adams was third string.  If Adams suddenly found himself in Edmonton in 2018 for some reason, I do not believe he would be the unquestioned #2 ahead of Glenn.  I believe if Reilly got injured, Maas would play Glenn because Glenn is a veteran while Adams is fairly inexperienced.  It's not about who's "better".

Count Floyd

Adams & Masoli are the same type of QB: mobile, similar builds.  This move definitely puts pressure on Manziel, but regardless of that, we needed someone with CFL experience to back up Masoli.  Makes sense all around.

Would have loved to have seen Hughes suit up for us, but it wasn't an area of need.

Grover

Vernon Adams Jr.@bigplay_va
I'm too pumped to be apart of the @Ticats organization. Gonna keep grinding and doing my part

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Hank01

Adams was developing along well in Montreal and had Bridge as well .

Many were discounting his arm strength but he played well under Jacque's game plan .

I wish Ottawa grabbed him for second string or even third . Great trade for the Cats .
MY NEW HERO JORDAN PETERSON FOR PRIME MINISTER

catfish

Hughes dirty rats. >:( >:( >:(

bobo82

I would think that the happiest player on the Rider roster upon hearing of this trade would be Zach Collaros . He probably let out a big sigh of relief knowing that he won't have to worry anymore about seeing Hughes on the  opposite line of scrimmage and also in his nightmares . 

Anybody else remember this hit ?  :o PLANTED !!! Zach Collaros meet Charleston Hughes !!!  :o
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Users Online

77 Guests, 5 Users (6 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
rusjod, Taleback, Black and Gold, Google (6)

Most Online Today: 106. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)