stevehvh

Vernon Adams final year of his 2018 contract is for around $90K + incentives

The 2016 portion paid Adams $70,000 in “hard” money – $60,000 base salary and $10,000 housing – plus $750 per game for starting. In 2017 he’ll make around $80,000 in “hard” cash with possible incentives. 2018 will see Adams get a similar bump as he did from year one to two.

http://www.3downnation.com/2017/08/16/riders-qb-vernon-adams-contract-term-and-monies/

We now have Masoli, Adams, Golson and Evans as QB's
I like the Chuck Ealey move to avoid the sack. 👍
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

ExPat

And the circus has packed up its tents, loaded the freak show performers into their trailers, and headed to the next town.  So many professional options, don't ya know.

Let's not get lost in the sauce as you seek out that fair deal.

cats99

No cash in the Kitty for Johnny > Montreal?? As
Ray is back for next season
Also maybe Golson and Evens  are surplus now 
Germany WC RUSSIA
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️+⭐️2018
🇩🇪

Onemoredork

Why is Adams and Manziel in camp so impossible? Ill believe Jones etc have given up on Manziel when I hear it. They've invested a lot of mental energy in the idea.

seamack3

Glad they traded him. What did Hughs do for us with his time here?

Zero sacks
Zero tackles.

We didn't even ever start him
Just like Collaros in 2017 - Zero wins - glad they traded him too.  Great move acquiring Adams...  Johnny Football can now accept his initial offer, be traded or rot until 2019.  Masoli and Adams should make for a much more exciting team to watch in 2018 after the half-season stinker laid last year.

of course

Great day at the office for Tillman.  Very shrewd deals.

I'm sure Hufnagel didn't want Hughes on a rival team in the West Division, but that's his problem now.
Tillman when we like the move. Austin when we don't like it.
Got it.
Amazing how that works, isn't it?
I had assumed that Tillman was behind these deals, but if Austin was actually the architect of the deals, great.  We're lucky to have him in management, too.

ExPat

I'm sure Hufnagel didn't want Hughes on a rival team in the West Division, but that's his problem now.
Got it.
That's funny

If Adams somehow tanks, we can always retroactively blame Austin

Count Floyd

Zero sacks
Zero tackles.

That's gold, Jerry!  Gold!  ;D

Grover

June Jones has some history with Adams

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000627314/article/ten-things-we-learned-vernon-adams-stunning-in-shrine-game

"He can play in the NFL. Somebody's going to give him an opportunity to do that. Now whether he makes it or not, it's up to him. He has all those things that the great ones have. He gets better as the game goes on," said Shrine West coach June Jones.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

stevehvh

Got it.
Amazing how that works, isn't it?
I had assumed that Tillman was behind these deals, but if Austin was actually the architect of the deals, great.  We're lucky to have him in management, too.
Agreed.

ExPat

Why is Adams and Manziel in camp so impossible? 
Hey, Johnny and his agent are the ones who set the deadline.  Cats are just respecting the process.  Deadline passed, no deal, time to move on.

Johnny can join the Wilder-Butler CFL Hostage Society.  Meetings every CFL game day.  Topic of discussion: tier 3 players in a tier 2 league, or tier 2 players in a tier 3 league?

stevehvh

"Hello, Mr. Burkhardt? It's Johnny. Listen, it's about those other professional opportunities you mentioned..."

smogmonster

This...   is...  awesome!

Puts a whole new slant on the Manziel thing.  His stack of poker chips just dropped by 75%.  Good luck with negotiations and deadlines now.  For complete disclosure, I want to see him in camp, at a fair price, with a balanced coaching staff not favouring one guy over the other.

Nice moves TiCat management.

Welcome Vernon!
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

Crash

Why is Adams and Manziel in camp so impossible?
Hey, Johnny and his agent are the ones who set the deadline.  Cats are just respecting the process.  Deadline passed, no deal, time to move on.

Johnny can join the Wilder-Butler CFL Hostage Society.  Meetings every CFL game day.  Topic of discussion: tier 3 players in a tier 2 league, or tier 2 players in a tier 3 league?
This just made me laugh. You're Right we just respected his deadline.

Best case scenario would be we lower his offer to league minimum and he can sit the season.

Oskie18

Zero sacks
Zero tackles.

LOL! That's just like the Scooners say. "We have never lost a game.
Formerly Oskie09 and jlshooter

Users Online

66 Guests, 4 Users (6 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
GernB, ExPat, heapbag, papazoola, Google (5), Baidu

Most Online Today: 106. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)