blackandgld

Neil Lumsden, Mark Braganola, Julian Radelin, John McQuorkindale (I had to reach for that one) some old fullbacks of our past.

Palmer

Neil Lumsden, Mark Braganola, Julian Radelin, John McQuorkindale (I had to reach for that one) some old fullbacks of our past.
I think the key word might be “old”.  CFL offences seem to have evoved to the one back, 4 or 5 receiver set style.  Occasionally on running downs, extra blocker and a three receiver set.

Would probably run with six receivers if they felt the QB could make a quick enough read?

bobo82

Angelo Santucci , Dan Huclack , Dave Graffi , Jed Tommy , Jeff Johnson , Ernie Schramyr , Lee Knight , Jarrett Smith , Duane Ford , Kojo Aidoo ,Rob Pavlovic , Darcy Brown , Auggie Berranchea

Just to name a few more..........
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

cats99

I thought E. Davis didn't play last game?
He didn't play last game as he was one of the game day scratches. I'm not expecting him to dress for this game either.
Strange he was a staple last year guess he has fallen out of favour to the next man up !
Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

safetyblitz

I think the key word might be “old”.  CFL offences seem to have evoved to the one back, 4 or 5 receiver set style.  Occasionally on running downs, extra blocker and a three receiver set.
Yup. Having an extra blocker also draws another defender into the box, which not only creates a bigger crowd to try to run through, it means fewer passing lanes even if the extra defender is picked up.

Taking that extra defender out of the box means one less battle you have to worry about winning at the line (and one less set of hands to try and tip the ball). If someone blitzes anyway, there should be an opening to dump the ball.

blackandgld

Angelo Santucci , Dan Huclack , Dave Graffi , Jed Tommy , Jeff Johnson , Ernie Schramyr , Lee Knight , Jarrett Smith , Duane Ford , Kojo Aidoo ,Rob Pavlovic , Darcy Brown , Auggie Berranchea

VERY well done bobo!! Did we have Duane Ford one year too?

bobo82

Angelo Santucci , Dan Huclack , Dave Graffi , Jed Tommy , Jeff Johnson , Ernie Schramyr , Lee Knight , Jarrett Smith , Duane Forde , Kojo Aidoo ,Rob Pavlovic , Darcy Brown , Auggie Berranchea

VERY well done bobo!! Did we have Duane Forde one year too?
Duane Forde indeed was once a Ti-Cat . Forde was here for the final two years of his career in the 2001 and 2002 seasons . Forde was released by the team after the "02" season was finished and soon after announced his retirement from the game ending a 12 yr career that started in 1991 as a Stampeder . 
Forde played a total of 7 years in Calgary as well as 1 yr in the Peg and also 2yrs in Toronto before he wound up here in the Hammer to close out his playing days .

http://cflapedia.com/Players/f/forde_duane.htm

2ez

Just wanted to point out that Aidoo was one of the best running backs to ever wear a Mac jersey. I remember as a kid I always wanted to see him play running back with the Cats as well but he never got the chance I don't think. Was a truly amazing talent though sad he's often forgotten, broke multiple OUA records while he was with the Marauders. Pretty sure he was the back prior to the Lumsden explosion so that also played a huge factor in him being overlooked at the time I imagine.

Users Online

115 Guests, 6 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Gerbear20, Johnny Ticat slayer, ed ohmnes, dcmoses, Yahoo!, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 169. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)