Grover

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Tuesday that the football club has signed two international free agents to practice roster agreements, including running back Alex Green and defensive back Mariel Cooper.
Green, 29, signed with the Tiger-Cats on March 9, 2017, and attending training camp with the team before being released on June 17. The 6-2, 220-pound native of Portland, Oregon, has appeared in 29 National Football League games (four starts) with the Green Bay Packers (2011-12) and New York Jets (2013), registering 510 rushing yards on 149 attempts, and adding 21 receptions for 139 yards. He was originally selected by the Packers in the third round, 96th overall, in the 2011 NFL Draft.
Prior to turning pro, Green played 27 games over two seasons at the University of Hawaii (2009-10), posting 232 carries for 1,652 yards and 22 touchdowns, and hauling in 38 catches for 461 yards and two receiving touchdowns. In his senior year, Green was named an honourable mention All-American by SI.com and was selected as a second-team all-WAC after tying the Warriors single-season school record in rushing touchdowns (18) and posting the second highest rushing yardage single-season total (1,199) in school history.
Cooper, 24, signed with the Tiger-Cats on June 3, 2017, and attended training camp with the team before being released on June 17. The 5-11, 192-pound native of Sumter, South Carolina, spent time with the NFL’s Washington Redskins in 2016. He appeared in 12 games with 11 starts with the Citadel Bulldogs in 2015, registering 30 tackles, four tackles for loss, eight pass breakups and one interception. Prior to his time at The Citadel, Cooper played at South Carolina State University for four years (2011-14), totaling 31 tackles, one pass breakup, one fumble recovery and one blocked kick.
http://ticats.ca/tiger-cats-sign-running-back-green-and-defensive-back-cooper/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

blackandgld

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Tuesday that the football club has signed two international free agents to practice roster agreements, including running back Alex Green and defensive back Mariel Cooper.
Green, 29, signed with the Tiger-Cats on March 9, 2017, and attending training camp with the team before being released on June 17. The 6-2, 220-pound native of Portland, Oregon, has appeared in 29 National Football League games (four starts) with the Green Bay Packers (2011-12) and New York Jets (2013), registering 510 rushing yards on 149 attempts, and adding 21 receptions for 139 yards. He was originally selected by the Packers in the third round, 96th overall, in the 2011 NFL Draft.
Prior to turning pro, Green played 27 games over two seasons at the University of Hawaii (2009-10), posting 232 carries for 1,652 yards and 22 touchdowns, and hauling in 38 catches for 461 yards and two receiving touchdowns. In his senior year, Green was named an honourable mention All-American by SI.com and was selected as a second-team all-WAC after tying the Warriors single-season school record in rushing touchdowns (18) and posting the second highest rushing yardage single-season total (1,199) in school history.
Cooper, 24, signed with the Tiger-Cats on June 3, 2017, and attended training camp with the team before being released on June 17. The 5-11, 192-pound native of Sumter, South Carolina, spent time with the NFL’s Washington Redskins in 2016. He appeared in 12 games with 11 starts with the Citadel Bulldogs in 2015, registering 30 tackles, four tackles for loss, eight pass breakups and one interception. Prior to his time at The Citadel, Cooper played at South Carolina State University for four years (2011-14), totaling 31 tackles, one pass breakup, one fumble recovery and one blocked kick.
http://ticats.ca/tiger-cats-sign-running-back-green-and-defensive-back-cooper/
Maybe Green as a DT like Whitlock?? Big dude.

schmenger

I have to ask, where are the recently cut NFL players?  Why do they bring back guys they Cut?  

blackandgld

Well that is easy to answer. They have gotten exponentially better over the summer not playing football.
OK, maybe not that.

TeddyFay

We don't need them now.  We're on a winning streak.  Insert satcasm emoji here.

TeddyFay

Sarcasm, dammit, proofread before you send

pikk

I have notice that does not happen as much the last few yrs. The league is much better now, that teams do not have to wait on the last cuts of the NFL.

BillyDee87

I thought DB Cooper was wanted for a bank robbery in the US and escaping by jumping out of a plane.  How did he get into Canada?  Asylum seeker?
"For the sake of humanity" is always the credo of tyranny.

Tipper

I have to ask, where are the recently cut NFL players?  Why do they bring back guys they Cut?  
8)  Most likely because Austin, who is a joke at evaluating talent, cut them months ago, and now 
     either Jones or Tillman want them back for another look !!   ::)

Alex Green was impressive in training camp !!

Tipper

I thought DB Cooper was wanted for a bank robbery in the US and escaping by jumping out of a plane.  How did he get into Canada?  Asylum seeker?
8) Good one, BillyDee !!   ;)

I doubt many on this forum have ever heard of DB Cooper and that famous incident !! :) ::)

of course

By signing Green, the Ticats are making the statement that they are now committed to the running game (i.e. at least 10 touches per game) with Gable.  If Gable goes down, with Schuermann injured, they need another import RB to step in so we don't lose a step.  Green is that guy.

Palmer

8) Good one, BillyDee !!   ;)

I doubt many on this forum have ever heard of DB Cooper and that famous incident !! :) ::)
Probably were not even born, let alone heard of him ;D!

schmenger

I believe there is a movie regarding Copper. As far as evaluating talent, that is truly Austin's short coming. Green who looked solid in camp is hopefully another hard runner if Gable gets injured. When did Shuermann go down?

CatsFaninOttawa

8) Good one, BillyDee !!   ;)

Probably were not even born, let alone heard of him ;D!
I'm thinking you're underestimating the age of some of us. :-\

Users Online

71 Guests, 3 Users (14 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
djrobertson2017, OskeeweeneeVI, bohdon, Yahoo!, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 116. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)