my home team

June Jones posted this on his twitter yesterday

June Jones
@CoachJuneJones
16h16 hours ago
June Jones Found A New Home Coaching In The CFL, But What’s Next? http://uproxx.com/sports/june-jones-cfl-hamilton-tigercats-coaching/ … via @uproxx

He is going to sign with us, Hopefully long term!
Sounds like GREAT news.

Thank you, Grover.

CatsFaninOttawa

"Not beimy negative at all. I'm happy to have June back. However Drew did write that Jones wouldn't be back if Austin is in the org. Same with banks and other free agents.
Guess we'll see if drew was right in publishing or if Bob was right when he said he was listening to players that were just frustrated and venting after their last game."

Not sure why people are getting on Drew's case about what the players said.

He simply reported what they told him. It's not for him to try to read into their motivations for saying what they did.

He's there at practices and after games in the dressing room. He has greater contact and interaction with them than any of us.

He's a reporter. He is not a PR hack for the team.

Drew Edwards has been at this post for sometime (8 years).

I trust his integrity.
Agreed. Drew has been pretty good about reporting news about the team, and is quite clear when he's repeating rumours vs. confirmed facts.

The one thing I had a problem with was when he reported that some anonymous playe stated that Brandon Banks had stated that he had issues with Austin. Basically, Drew was driving the bus that this other player threw Banks under. Rather unprofessional.

seymour

Drew has been pretty good about reporting news about the team, and is quite clear when he's repeating rumours vs. confirmed facts.

The one thing I had a problem with was when he reported that some anonymous playe stated that Brandon Banks had stated that he had issues with Austin. Basically, Drew was driving the bus that this other player threw Banks under. Rather unprofessional.
To my knowledge, Banks has not said a single word to refute Drew's report since it was published and his silence speaks volumes in my opinion.

The "unnamed source" may have been Banks himself.

Grover

"Not beimy negative at all. I'm happy to have June back. However Drew did write that Jones wouldn't be back if Austin is in the org. Same with banks and other free agents.
Guess we'll see if drew was right in publishing or if Bob was right when he said he was listening to players that were just frustrated and venting after their last game."

He simply reported what they told him. It's not for him to try to read into their motivations for saying what they did.

He's there at practices and after games in the dressing room. He has greater contact and interaction with them than any of us.

I trust his integrity.
Agreed. Drew has been pretty good about reporting news about the team, and is quite clear when he's repeating rumours vs. confirmed facts.

Not sure where this "Drew did write that Jones wouldn't be back if Austin is in the org." is coming from?

I know that Drew Quoted  a player saying that Speedy said this

“Speedy has been telling everybody that he won’t re-sign if Kent is still around in any capacity,” one player said. “I think some other guys are in the same boat.”

http://forums.cfl.ca/hamilton-tiger-cats/5/ticat-players-slam-kent-austin-dont-want-him-to-return/105018/

I know that Drew quoted June Jones saying this

Jones said he’s comfortable with the current front office set up which includes vice-president of football operations Kent Austin and general manager Eric Tillman. Austin has two years remaining on the contract extension he signed 2016 but hasn’t publicly addressed his future.
“I think the situation is pretty positive right now. I’ve been allowed to do my job and that’s all I ask,” Jones said. “I’m not a player personnel guy, I’m a coach. They ask my opinion on players and I give it to him but I want to decide who plays.”

“I think the owner is a good guy, I think Scott knows what he’s doing. I think this place is set up to have a good run,” he said. “They have a really positive flow to how they do things here. It’s all upside to me.”

http://3downnation.com/2017/10/31/ticats-june-jones-preliminary-discussions-coachs-return/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

cats99

Ran into one of our prominent players at the supermarket stocking up on Grey Cup foods as he was having some players over to watch the big game ! Asked him about June coming back and all the players want him back as they also feel that starting from scratch at training camp would be stupid as they have a good feeling about him and his tactics etc! Shook his hand and said thanks for your time what a class act this player is ,he was friendly and took the time to have a chat with a fan ! Is it June yet ?should know this week !
Germany WC RUSSIA
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️+⭐️2018
🇩🇪

ExPat

Ran into one of our prominent players at the supermarket stocking up on Grey Cup foods as he was having some players over to watch the big game ! 
Healthy food, or indulgences?  I'm thinking maybe a veggie tray ...

my home team

Ran into one of our prominent players at the supermarket stocking up on Grey Cup foods as he was having some players over to watch the big game ! Asked him about June coming back and all the players want him back as they also feel that starting from scratch at training camp would be stupid as they have a good feeling about him and his tactics etc! Shook his hand and said thanks for your time what a class act this player is ,he was friendly and took the time to have a chat with a fan ! Is it June yet ?should know this week !
Whose the player??

Won't tell...then why tell the story...we can all do the same trick...

Doesn't mean a thing.

blackandgld

Crash

I trust his integrity.
Agreed. Drew has been pretty good about reporting news about the team, and is quite clear when he's repeating rumours vs. confirmed facts.

Not sure where this "Drew did write that Jones wouldn't be back if Austin is in the org." is coming from?

I know that Drew Quoted  a player saying that Speedy said this

“Speedy has been telling everybody that he won’t re-sign if Kent is still around in any capacity,” one player said. “I think some other guys are in the same boat.”

http://forums.cfl.ca/hamilton-tiger-cats/5/ticat-players-slam-kent-austin-dont-want-him-to-return/105018/

I know that Drew quoted June Jones saying this

Jones said he’s comfortable with the current front office set up which includes vice-president of football operations Kent Austin and general manager Eric Tillman. Austin has two years remaining on the contract extension he signed 2016 but hasn’t publicly addressed his future.
“I think the situation is pretty positive right now. I’ve been allowed to do my job and that’s all I ask,” Jones said. “I’m not a player personnel guy, I’m a coach. They ask my opinion on players and I give it to him but I want to decide who plays.”

“I think the owner is a good guy, I think Scott knows what he’s doing. I think this place is set up to have a good run,” he said. “They have a really positive flow to how they do things here. It’s all upside to me.”

http://3downnation.com/2017/10/31/ticats-june-jones-preliminary-discussions-coachs-return/
Close to a half dozen players who spoke to the Spectator say they believe Austin’s return would significantly reduce the likelihood of several prominent free agents-to-be re-signing with the club as well the team’s ability to recruit players from around the league. They also believe it’s unlikely June Jones will return if Austin remains in his current role

Not going to turn this into another Drew article debate. However if the players re-sign, June comes back and Austin is still here... Bob's "frustrated player" theory gets much more credible.

Onemoredork

"Close to a half dozen" gets more lame and petty every time you read it.

schmenger

I don't care what players say about Kent Austin. My concerns at the moment are about the team and how quickly they move forward. If they sit on their hands like they did last year, they are done like dinner. Resign June Jones or announce a suitable replacement. The early bird catches the worm and should be rewarded.

Other teams are resigning players. The team has been out of it for while and it's time to reload and reset. Let's get this thing done. 

Crash

I don't care what players say about Kent Austin. My concerns at the moment are about the team and how quickly they move forward. If they sit on their hands like they did last year, they are done like dinner. Resign June Jones or announce a suitable replacement. The early bird catches the worm and should be rewarded.

Other teams are resigning players. The team has been out of it for while and it's time to reload and reset. Let's get this thing done.
Unless you're Toronto. Wait until free agency then sign your GM and HC. Go .500 and win the Grey Cup. (See Im bitter thread).

All joking aside, I agree completely. If this team turns things around next year nobody will care if Kent is part of the organization or not.

Onemoredork

nobody will care if Kent is part of the organization or not.
Disagree. 
If Austin is part of a turnaround try pointing it out then get ready for backlash and super football knowledgeable reasons why he should be condemned until the end of time.

Grover

Well, now we know June Jones didn't get the Oregon State Beavers Head Coach position.

kerry eggers
@kerryeggers
8h8 hours ago
It’s confirmed. The next head football coach at Oregon State is Jonathan Smith.

This is great news for us!!!
Is it June Yet!!!

my home team

Unless you're Toronto. Wait until free agency then sign your GM and HC. Go .500 and win the Grey Cup. (See Im bitter thread).

All joking aside, I agree completely. If this team turns things around next year nobody will care if Kent is part of the organization or not.
And those who do are just looking for one more thing to complain about....

Users Online

83 Guests, 11 Users (10 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, Sidney, Mark31, schmenger, ed ohmnes, Iconic SR, MrLucky, Mark, RedandWhite, Slomojo2005, Yahoo!, Google (7), Baidu, Alexa

Most Online Today: 132. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)