Grover

It just doesn't get more positive. 
The players want it, the fans want it and if he is going to re-sign it proves that the upper management and June Jones want it!

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Krisiun

I am ecstatic, we have taken this very FIRST step towards respectability.  
We need to build a team that is in the top three in the League.
I could only imagine where Popp and Trestman will take the Argos in their second year, first year has been very impressive.(Reminds me of Austin's first two years)
We need to have a  complete season, not just the first half or second half, as has become customary with the cats.

Here is hoping the Ticats brass gets it done.
What's  step 2........
Jones did a very respectable job since he took over. Unfortunately the talent level on the current roster would probably only achieve about a .500 record as was just demonstrated. There are some glaring holes on this team and Junes Jones success will also depend on if Tillman and Austin bring in the right players to address the problem areas. Most notably the O-Line and DBs.
I love our OLine and our DBs were great once healthy. The interior of the OLine is set with our 3 Canadian starters and the tackle positions were solidified with Washington and Matthews. Who on the OLine would you replace?
There was definitely improvement in the O-Line as the season went on but this line is not of the same calibre as what the Stamps have. BLM seems to have all day to throw. His pocket rarely collapses and that's why he can pick you apart. They're not too shabby on the run blocking either according to Cornish and Messam. Hufnagel always seems to find better players. Like Obie used to say, "better is better".

rockfish

I could only imagine where Popp and Trestman will take the Argos in their second year, first year has been very impressive.(Reminds me of Austin's first two years)
We need to have a  complete season, not just the first half or second half, as has become customary with the cats.

What's  step 2........
Yes, the Argos arena the grey cup, but how impressive is a .500 season, really?

bobo82

What's  step 2........
 How impressive is an Argo .500 season and a Grey Cup appearance ? really ? Answer : Really no impressive than a Ti-Cat .500 season in 2014 with a Grey Cup appearance . In reality the bar is set pretty low in the East . One can even ask how impressive is a sub .500 season ? Answer : Ask the 2016 REDBLACKS .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

cats99

With a  advertising slogan like “IS IT JUNE YET” how could you get rid of this guy!?$ 

Also from June’s point of view at his age it’s the perfect job being a CFL coach done by end of Nov then June can spend the off season in Hawaii drinking pina coladas and playing 🏌️ golf that’s a dream job and a tough go!

And may I add the Run and Shoot master is making Ticat football exciting again!
Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

rockfish

What's  step 2........
How impressive is an Argo .500 season and a Grey Cup appearance ? really ? Answer : Really no impressive than a Ti-Cat .500 season in 2014 with a Grey Cup appearance . In reality the bar is set pretty low in the East . One can even ask how impressive is a sub .500 season ? Answer : Ask the 2016 REDBLACKS .
You have a point. It will only be seen as impressive if they win the Grey Cup. I say either scrap the east-west division altogether or eliminate the crossover. If the rationale is that it should be east against west, then why have a crossover...potentially it could end up being an all west grey cup. Not sure I can see the east having a crossover team any time soon.

bobo82

What's  step 2........
You have a point. It will only be seen as impressive if they win the Grey Cup. I say either scrap the east-west division altogether or eliminate the crossover. If the rationale is that it should be east against west, then why have a crossover...potentially it could end up being an all west grey cup. Not sure I can see the east having a crossover team any time soon.
The main problem that is facing an East team crossing over is the fact that in order to qualify you have to have more points then the team you are displacing . A tie in points in the standings doesn't cut it . So in other words the only way we would ever see an eastern crossover would be to have the last place team in the east having a better record than the bottom 3 teams in the West . Basically it would come down to the west having in reality only 2 good teams and 3 really bad teams and the east having all 4 teams with outstanding W/L records . With the east only having 4 teams and the west 5 teams the odds are stacked heavily in the west's favour for the crossover to occur as opposed to vice a versa .

NZFan

The cliche "Players win games, coaches lose them" is not without merit. Winning is the balm that heals all wounds. I hope they sign him!  :)

Crash

Enjoy the positivity while it lasts,  June. You wont believe how fast it can turn on you here.
Doesn't this mean according to Drew Austin will be gone?
There's been lots of hand wringing and worry lines in faces over the past few weeks wondering if June Jones would be back for next season and beyond...

Now that the signing seems immanent, instead of excitement and joy, there's negativity.

I guess there's just no making some people happy.

Not beimy negative at all. I'm happy to have June back. However Drew did write that Jones wouldn't be back if Austin is in the org. Same with banks and other free agents.
Guess we'll see if drew was right in publishing or if Bob was right when he said he was listening to players that were just frustrated and venting after their last game.

Obrigardo

What's  step 2........
Jones did a very respectable job since he took over. Unfortunately the talent level on the current roster would probably only achieve about a .500 record as was just demonstrated. There are some glaring holes on this team and Junes Jones success will also depend on if Tillman and Austin bring in the right players to address the problem areas. Most notably the O-Line and DBs.
Argos were only a .500 team and they're in the Grey cup....
With collars money I think they'll have more financial flexability

tcmike

Take Drew with a grain of salt. he's a Journalist with a agenda to get readers. I respect them for what they do but they will always run with a rumour or partial information.
Best Game\'s ever. 1986 game 2 Ticat Argo Home and Home East final series and 1998 Eastern Final Hamilton VS Montreal.

Obrigardo

Take Drew with a grain of salt. he's Journalist with a agenda to get readers. I respect them for what they do but they will always run with a rumour or partial information.
I hope he writes a retraction if Jones and austin are back.maybe he'll call out his sources for being liars.NOT!

smogmonster

....  and now back to on topic.  If June is resigned then this is a great step forward for the team.  Players clearly responded to his leadership.  He is also leaning on expertise to make his game playing better.  I hope his is signed for at least a few seasons.  He brought out the best in his players.  Great news if and when it happens!
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

my home team

"Not beimy negative at all. I'm happy to have June back. However Drew did write that Jones wouldn't be back if Austin is in the org. Same with banks and other free agents.
Guess we'll see if drew was right in publishing or if Bob was right when he said he was listening to players that were just frustrated and venting after their last game."

Not sure why people are getting on Drew's case about what the players said.

He simply reported what they told him. It's not for him to try to read into their motivations for saying what they did.

He's there at practices and after games in the dressing room. He has greater contact and interaction with them than any of us.

He's a reporter. He is not a PR hack for the team.

Drew Edwards has been at this post for sometime (8 years). 

I trust his integrity.

Grover

June Jones posted this on his twitter yesterday

June Jones
@CoachJuneJones
16h16 hours ago
June Jones Found A New Home Coaching In The CFL, But What’s Next? http://uproxx.com/sports/june-jones-cfl-hamilton-tigercats-coaching/ … via @uproxx

He is going to sign with us, Hopefully long term!

Users Online

102 Guests, 23 Users (19 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
OskeeweeneeVI, Aerial, everyman, FootbalYouBet, GHT120, Lyle B. Style, Argofan_1000, Sidney, meaker23, Onemoredork, Grover, 150GAGE, 97valkyrie, schmenger, G Man, bobo82, ExPat, Rick16, oo DAWG oo, Gerbear20, GOTC1, popo, Yahoo!, Google (18)

Most Online Today: 161. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)