Grover

David William Naylor‏Verified account
@TSNDaveNaylor

According to CFL sources, Ticats and interim head coach June Jones are about to take the interim tag off, as early as next week. Did a remarkable job this season, his players love playing for him. #Ticats #CFL

http://3downnation.com/2017/11/22/ticats-about-to-take-interim-tag-off-june-jones/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

of course

Great signing.  Fantastic coach.

Can't wait to see how he builds this team going forward.

The Cats were a lot of fun to watch after June Jones took command.

Onemoredork

Enjoy the positivity while it lasts,  June. You wont believe how fast it can turn on you here.

ArgoT

We need you guys to be competitive next year with us in a stronger East division.
So by all accounts Jones may get you there, together  with some new FA signings and decent return in the draft.

Crash

Enjoy the positivity while it lasts,  June. You wont believe how fast it can turn on you here.
Doesn't this mean according to Drew Austin will be gone?

Grover

Enjoy the positivity while it lasts,  June. You wont believe how fast it can turn on you here.
Austin's guaranteed Contract expires at the end of the 2019 season.
He is VP of Football Operations and will remain so IMHO.
It would be Austin, Mitchell and Caretaker that would negotiate June Jones Contract.

Espo

i think it means, according to drew, austin is already gone, there's just a force ghost sticking around for media availability. 
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

my home team

There's been lots of hand wringing and worry lines in faces over the past few weeks wondering if June Jones would be back for next season and beyond...

Now that the signing seems immanent, instead of excitement and joy, there's negativity.

I guess there's just no making some people happy.

TeddyFay

There's been lots of hand wringing and worry lines in faces over the past few weeks wondering if June Jones would be back for next season and beyond...

Now that the signing seems immanent, instead of excitement and joy, there's negativity.

Not sure where you are seeing negativity

150GAGE

I am ecstatic, we have taken this very FIRST step towards respectability.  
We need to build a team that is in the top three in the League. 
I could only imagine where Popp and Trestman will take the Argos in their second year, first year has been very impressive.(Reminds me of Austin's first two years)
We need to have a  complete season, not just the first half or second half, as has become customary with the cats.

Here is hoping the Ticats brass gets it done.
What's  step 2........

my home team

There's been lots of hand wringing and worry lines in faces over the past few weeks wondering if June Jones would be back for next season and beyond...

This is not negative....

"Enjoy the positivity while it lasts,  June. You wont believe how fast it can turn on you here."

Krisiun

I could only imagine where Popp and Trestman will take the Argos in their second year, first year has been very impressive.(Reminds me of Austin's first two years)
We need to have a  complete season, not just the first half or second half, as has become customary with the cats.

What's  step 2........
Jones did a very respectable job since he took over. Unfortunately the talent level on the current roster would probably only achieve about a .500 record as was just demonstrated. There are some glaring holes on this team and Junes Jones success will also depend on if Tillman and Austin bring in the right players to address the problem areas. Most notably the O-Line and DBs.

my home team

What's  step 2........
Jones did a very respectable job since he took over. Unfortunately the talent level on the current roster would probably only achieve about a .500 record as was just demonstrated. There are some glaring holes on this team and Junes Jones success will also depend on if Tillman and Austin bring in the right players to address the problem areas. Most notably the O-Line and DBs.
Argos were only a .500 team and they're in the Grey cup....

blackandgld

What's  step 2........
I love our OLine and our DBs were great once healthy. The interior of the OLine is set with our 3 Canadian starters and the tackle positions were solidified with Washington and Matthews. Who on the OLine would you replace?

Krisiun

This is not negative....

"Enjoy the positivity while it lasts,  June. You wont believe how fast it can turn on you here."
The statement is actually spot on and is the sentiment of practically an entire frustrated fanbase.

Go back to the post Grey Cup Lancaster era all the way through to Maas, Printers, O'Billovich, Glenn, Arland Bruce, Cortez, Burris, Fantuz, Austin, etc.

Every season there was always some new saviour recruited that would lead us to the GC promised land and it never materializes because of some other managerial missteps.

So surely you can understand a fanbase's skepticism.

Users Online

95 Guests, 17 Users (15 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Niagara Als, letsgoticats, CFL in QC, KevinRiley2, smogmonster, StampsRock!, Sidney, Rick16, batkinson001, drummer_god, BillyDee87, DavidC, Blackrussian63, c-way-dude, Argofan_1000, Yahoo!, Google (13), Baidu

Most Online Today: 152. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)