hendy77

Seems like a public confessional just isnt good enough for some people. What did Manziel ever do to 3rddownnation to deserve such snark and cynicism.
Media loves their narratives.
Every mention of Manziel on 3Down or Scratching Post make it extremely obvious in his hate for the guy. 

We get it. But why?

As for Palmer...aye, aye, aye. Think before you send.
Legs Feed the Wolf!

Palmer

Maybe he is confusing bipolar disorders with just plain old acting like an arse?
Don't.

Don't ever make light of any mental illness.

It is this exact brush it off attitude that leads to suicides.
Not making light of any mental illness - I worked in that field for 30 years.  Just questioning the diagnosis and the timing of same.

cats99

Seems like a public confessional just isnt good enough for some people. What did Manziel ever do to 3rddownnation to deserve such snark and cynicism.
Every mention of Manziel on 3Down or Scratching Post make it extremely obvious in his hate for the guy.

We get it. But why?

how many 23 year old kids are a starting QB IN THE NFL ! MONEY, FAME, PLUS BI POLAR  a mental health problem ,most people put in that position would probably fail ,any human being would have a tough go with those stresses ! Austin,  June and Tillman must've  known  this for months and that is why they are not giving up , i would love to see him in camp and try to dethrone Masoli for #1 starter if anything it would make Masoli a better Qb having an intense camp with high level completion ! if not i hope he ends up on another team in the CFL as it would be very interesting to see what this kid really has got! Run or Gun is so much fun to watch i love that type of QB.
Germany WC RUSSIA
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️+⭐️2018
🇩🇪

stevehvh

I certainly have sympathy for anyone with mental health issues. There are far more of them, with many more types of illness, than most of us can imagine. I have no doubt there have been other players on the Ticats. and on many other sports teams, who have had a variety of issues we have never become aware of.

Having said that, this does not mean that all of Manziel's behaviour and all of the hype surrounding him is necessarily attributable to bipolar disorder. Nor does it mean that all criticism of that behaviour is somehow insensitive and discriminatory.

I don't know anywhere near enough about his condition to evaluate the contribution it makes to his questionable behaviour, and I don't know how to assess the risks (if any) of having someone on the Ticats who may for whatever reason behave in a manner that impairs the team. I do know that I have not been impressed with some of the things I've seen Manziel say and do, and I am concerned about the effects he may have on the team.

Yes, I wish him well, and I hope he can get his life in order. From what I understand, his financial situation and that of his family is such that he can probably get very good treatment and care. That's great. But I'm not convinced I want him on the Ticats. And I'm quite certain I don't want him at the price his agent appears to want, or any price as high as Jeremiah Masoli receives.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

oo DAWG oo

Well his agent has to try something...
This whole "claiming his rights" thing is such BS and it takes away any negotiation these players have..
Just offer them the minimum and either take it or sit out 
cause we own you ...
I do hate that about the CFL.

Grover

Johnny Manziel on Barstool podcast: ‘I have a guaranteed contract offer’

"I have a guaranteed contract offer where I will be able to play somewhere this year. That’s a given. When that’s signed or where it is or what the case is, I don’t know the exact details of it yet. But I can sit here and say that I will be back on a football field this year. I cannot [expletive] wait to do it."

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/12/johnny-manziel-on-barstool-podcast-i-have-a-guaranteed-contract-offer/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Onemoredork

We get it. But why?

Like I said earlier Manziel needs to kneel down for the anthem somewhere.  That might afford him some benefit of the doubt from media for once.

woody

I believe Cookie Gilchrist is the most complete football player of all time. He belongs in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame!

PatLynch

That's not 3downnation in particular...  it's Drew Edwards.  The guy is a tabloid writer posing as a football writer.  He just loves to dig up dirt and drama.  I think he would be a perfect fit at TMZ.

I honestly hate the guy.  He's a total douche.
You don't know Drew . Try replacing that hate with a little knowledge and understanding .

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

Lennywasout

That's not 3downnation in particular...  it's Drew Edwards.  The guy is a tabloid writer posing as a football writer.  He just loves to dig up dirt and drama.  I think he would be a perfect fit at TMZ.

You don't know Drew . Try replacing that hate with a little knowledge and understanding .

Pat Lynch (the old guy)
I agree with you Pat.  Drew has done more to cover the CFL and especially the Ticats than anyone else in recent memory.  The criticism is unwarranted and childish. 

stevehvh

I don't hate anybody, and certainly not a sports journalist. It's a waste of energy, does no good, makes for a lousy day.

Sometimes I quite like Drew's stuff, sometimes he can be quite annoying. I wish his stuff was all good, but I'm glad he's there.

my home team

I don't hate anybody, and certainly not a sports journalist. It's a waste of energy, does no good, makes for a lousy day.

Sometimes I quite like Drew's stuff, sometimes he can be quite annoying. I wish his stuff was all good, but I'm glad he's there.
I don't always find Drew Edwards writings to my liking

His job is not to be agreeable with everyone.

His job is to discuss and cause discussion regarding the Tiger cats.

I want truth, not PR scribble.

I always value what Drew Edwards provides.

stevehvh

Check this out...

interesting southern perspective on the Ticats, Kent Austin and the CFL concerning Johnny...

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/02/13/johnny-manziel-can-rebound-cfl-could-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-resist-another-shot-redemption-story
Yes it is interesting.

They have a couple of things wrong though I think. When they say he should come to Hamilton because Kent Austin is  QB guru, they're missing the fact that Kent works in head office, not coaching. And when they predict Manziel will be back in the NFL in 2019 if he comes to the CFL now, they seem to have missed the two year first contract requirement. 

my home team

Check this out...

interesting southern perspective on the Ticats, Kent Austin and the CFL concerning Johnny...

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/02/13/johnny-manziel-can-rebound-cfl-could-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-resist-another-shot-redemption-story
Yes it is interesting.

They have a couple of things wrong though I think. When they say he should come to Hamilton because Kent Austin is  QB guru, they're missing the fact that Kent works in head office, not coaching. And when they predict Manziel will be back in the NFL in 2019 if he comes to the CFL now, they seem to have missed the two year first contract requirement.
A misunderstanding of this team and the league.

Kind of ruins his credibility as a sports writer.

Users Online

60 Guests, 0 Users (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (11), Baidu (2)

Most Online Today: 118. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)