letsgoticats

How long before the team cuts off access to Drew?
I'd be incredibly disappointed in the team if this happened.  
If you think Caretaker is miffed by this TMZ stuff, just think of Scott Mitchell reading it!!!

IMHO, Drew Edwards and his 3down will be barred from any team related functions,and rightly so,
 He has completely overstepped and abused his privileges generously offered him by the team.
Nobody wants a Homer like Rod Pedersen of SSK, but this is an unproven personal hatchet job on one of the TiCats top executives and totally hung Banks out to dry.
Great, bar the only news outlet that gives the team regular coverage because they used anonymous quotes.  Seems ridiculous.  

Beetlejuice

Sound like prima donnas to me. The guy is no longer the coach and they had a winning record with the coach he brought in. Speedy has never played better and he is not gonna sign if they don't make a front office change? He is not his coach anymore.
Ridiculous. Austin was one of the few Banks supporters left earlier in the year and even during the drug testing stuff Austin stood by him. .
Thats why I think this is trash.

stevehvh

Sound like prima donnas to me. The guy is no longer the coach and they had a winning record with the coach he brought in. Speedy has never played better and he is not gonna sign if they don't make a front office change? He is not his coach anymore.
Ridiculous. Austin was one of the few Banks supporters left earlier in the year and even during the drug testing stuff Austin stood by him. .
Well said.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

mysecondname

What I see as really really sad in this development is the amount of character damage fallout that Bob Young and the team will suffer by his absolutely disrespectful comment, labelling players cowards. Yes he's the Boss, but I surely can't be alone in thinking his choice to publically call his players cowards to quell the question of Kent Austins coaching and managing capabilities was also insulting to the many Cat fans who are of the opinion that the team would be better off moving ahead without Kent Austin. That remark and some others from him since, seems to be rudely telling Tiger Cat fans to shut up about Kent Austin.

Will his words cause a backfire effect. It's sure to show in upcoming player signings and next season as well.
**********Owning a drone does not make one a pilot**********

pw13

And why would the league step in? If I want to write a blog about the team do I instantly get access to press conferences and the press box for all games?
The league would step in because the commish is smart enough to know that the CFL needs coverage from legitimate news orgs -- it's essentially free publicity. If news orgs are barred from covering the league, or impeded significantly, it's a short walk to no coverage at all. The Ticats would have a lot of trouble selling tickets if the Spec ignored the team.

Bloggers are free to apply for media credentials, and some elsewhere have even obtained them and gained access to press box, news conferences and practices. You'd be free to apply; whether or not the team decided to issue them to you would undoubtedly be based on whether they perceive there's a decent audience for what you put out. There's definitely a sizeable audience for daily newspapers.

HfxTC

Players understand how this league operates. Look in BC and see how long wally stayed away before taking the job back...  also to label Austin "former boss" is disingenuous.

You can also look at it this way. These players are terrified of Austin having any chance of coming back. to label them cowards is somewhat insane.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

of course

Austin isn't going anywhere.  And, despite what Edwards said in the article, I bet June Jones and Banks aren't going anywhere, either.

Austin is now a front office guy.  His job is to help Tillman sign players.  He has very little to do with the actual team on the field any more.  So why would the HC and players not sign here if Austin stayed?  They will hardly see him!!!!!!

Aerial

To see how Jones has used Banks so quickly, well, begs the question, why couldn't have Austin done this?  Not like it was rocket science.  If Austin was "stuck in the mud" and unable for whatever reason to see that speed kills with a receiver, well, maybe Austin isn't such a great football mind afterall.

Stick Austin in some position if he is unable to know how to use football players, if the Cats are more or less forced in some way to keep him on.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

stevehvh

What I see as really really sad in this development is the amount of character damage fallout that Bob Young and the team will suffer by his absolutely disrespectful comment, labelling players cowards. Yes he's the Boss, but I surely can't be alone in thinking his choice to publically call his players cowards to quell the question of Kent Austins coaching and managing capabilities was also insulting to the many Cat fans who are of the opinion that the team would be better off moving ahead without Kent Austin. That remark and some others from him since, seems to be rudely telling Tiger Cat fans to shut up about Kent Austin.

Will his words cause a backfire effect. It's sure to show in upcoming player signings and next season as well.
He wasn't calling anyone a coward for being critical of Kent Austin. He was calling him a coward for doing so anonymously to protect his own identity, while using another player's name (Banks) instead, hanging Speedy out to dry. Bob was right.

It was gutless of the player to feel free to name Speedy while insisting on hiding himself. I hope they figure out who it was and cut him. 

It was third rate journalism by Drew not to see through this gambit and play along with it. No, they won't cut him off from access to the team, but I suspect he won't get any favours going forward. Once burnt, twice shy.

HfxTC

To see how Jones has used Banks so quickly, well, begs the question, why couldn't have Austin done this?  Not like it was rocket science.  If Austin was "stuck in the mud" and unable for whatever reason to see that speed kills with a receiver, well, maybe Austin isn't such a great football mind afterall.

Stick Austin in some position if he is unable to know how to use football players, if the Cats are more or less forced in some way to keep him on.
I think some people have Amnesia. In seasons past whenever Austin would trust BB with a role on the offense, the guy would drop as many passes as he caught. Not sure the criticism is fair. 

Also, Jones was free to experiment. He had nothing to lose...

(Still think Austin is a sphincter)

safetyblitz

I hope they figure out who it was and cut him.
Plot twist: What if it's Masoli? (or Collaros?)

blackandgld

To label someone a coward for letting his feeling known is not a coward. It is obvious that the  player would have been fired for being public with his thoughts. Thus he remains anonymous. 
The more this sinks in the more i will agree with some earlier posters that the Caretakers comments do not sit well with me.
I get it that the management group does not appreciate this getting out in public but to me this is BULLYING calling people derogatory names while being in the position of power that can not be stood up to without fear of financial consequences/fired.

Poor optics from my seat.

HfxTC

To label someone a coward for letting his feeling known is not a coward. It is obvious that the  player would have been fired for being public with his thoughts. Thus he remains anonymous.
The more this sinks in the more i will agree with some earlier posters that the Caretakers comments do not sit well with me.
I get it that the management group does not appreciate this getting out in public but to me this is BULLYING calling people derogatory names while being in the position of power that can not be stood up to without fear of financial consequences/fired.

The Old boys club is no democracy...

HfxTC

To label someone a coward for letting his feeling known is not a coward. It is obvious that the  player would have been fired for being public with his thoughts. Thus he remains anonymous.

Bob has never like anonymous sources. He can't retaliate.

cats99

As long as Austin stays off the field and in the office who cares ! I think it’s rubbish fake news that players said this and that  ya Ok if he is in the organization that effects player signings and June coming back it’s all bullshit !
Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

Users Online

57 Guests, 3 Users (9 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Sidney, Burris1, Google (9)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)