Crash

Bob, firmly in Austin's corner:

https://twitter.com/CaretakerBob/status/927569375355215872

Bold move Caretaker...  seems like a good FA strategy calling your players cowards without knowing which ones you're calling out....  
Very delicate situation here. Can't have the players dictating who is in the organization publicly although their play speaks volumes of what they think of him.
I was afraid that Scott or Bob would take this stance.
Personally I don't care who the GM/VP is. How true this is will be based on a couple things, but mostly if any of it actually comes true.
If JJ doesn't come back and Austin is here... heads will be scratched. If Banks and other FAs move on, same thing.
Still not a fan of how the players or Drew have handled this.

safetyblitz

Bold move Caretaker...  seems like a good FA strategy calling your players cowards without knowing which ones you're calling out....  
And isn't it public relations 101 for an organization *not* to respond off-the-cuff in a situation like this?  A tweet like that will only fan the flames. Which is good news to me, because I want Austin gone.

danoc_86

lost alot of respect for drew likes to stir the pot.... go work for TMZ. would like to see him gone enjoyed steve milton he is professional 

ExPat

bobo82

Jay-sus what a SH!T SHOW !! Wonder how long it will be before this thread is mysteriously Locked up ?

For the record I've been saying for quite awhile now that Austin could leave at anytime and five minutes after announcing that he's gone , that he wouldn't be missed . Everybody out there just honestly ask and answer this one question for me......What do you think our W/L record would've been this year if Austin coached the entire season ? My honest answer to this is that this team might've probably wound up at 2 and 16 at best and that's stretching it folks to the max .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Espo

Very delicate situation here. Can't have the players dictating who is in the organization publicly although their play speaks volumes of what they think of him.
I was afraid that Scott or Bob would take this stance.
Personally I don't care who the GM/VP is. How true this is will be based on a couple things, but mostly if any of it actually comes true.
If JJ doesn't come back and Austin is here... heads will be scratched. If Banks and other FAs move on, same thing.
Still not a fan of how the players or Drew have handled this.
Fair point, Crash.   
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

blackandgld

The only juicy piece is including Speedy's name. I think that it was wrong to publish his name as it appears that a comment was made by another player stating that Speedy will not return unless Austin is gone. Go to Speedy directly and if he says the same print it. Otherwise providing a quote by an unnamed player about another player is weak IMO. Expect a statement from Speedy saying all is good with him and Austin. If that player is off the record no names should be included.

Oskie18

Maybe Bob has lost touch as much as Kent has.
Formerly Oskie09 and jlshooter

Mark

Maybe Bob has lost touch as much as Kent has.
Player comments dumb but I'm absolutely shocked by the content/tone of Bob's tweet. It betrays a level of exasperation that is usually hidden by his placid tone.

2ez

I could go a nice long rant about how ridiculous our fan base is, but the majority of you are out to lunch roasting Kent Austin. Whoever this player was is a toolbox, never should you ever spread rumours about your teammates ... and if this is such a serious problem, don't go whining to the press and throwing people under the bus. Absolute hit piece by Drew and you guys are eating it up cus you're mad at the 0-8 start to the season still but I love how everyone fails to realize that Kent stepping down and hiring June Jones was the best decision made all season long, and Austin was the one who made it. If you guys all love June Jones so much, well you have Austin to thank that he's in town and by the sounds of it he's staying and has a great working relationship with Austin.

We've gone to two Grey Cups since 1999, both under the guidance of Austin and if it weren't for a block in the back penalty that drought would be long over by now.

I actually think the majority of our fan base outside this forum are more knowledgeable than most on here, and that's a sad sad statement.

Who was the guy who brought in Banks, Gable, Masoli, Bomben, Simoni, Tasker, Chop, Laurent, Dean, Leonard, Kanneh, Tracey ... we can talk Breaux and Harris who never came back, what about McGough who played great as a rookie this year? What about Saunders? Did you like what you saw out of Whitlock? How bout Castillo and Allen and Maher the year before? Simply if you're excited about this team moving forward, than you're excited about the team Austin has helped put together whether you want to admit it or not.

His coaching decisions became a negative for the team especially the lack of running game, I'm not saying he utilized all these guys properly on the field but he certainly as the VP had his hand in bringing all the talent to this city, including June Jones.

I for one would love to see Austin stick around as VP (which he's clearly going to) because he's proven time and time again he's able to field a quality team full of talented players. People need to remember he's not the coach anymore, VP is a vastly different role and one I think he's always excelled at more with the Cats.

Also if you watch that presser and come away thinking Austin is a terrible guy who tried to "sabotage" the season, well then I can't help you. To me, it seems like he bleeds black and gold like the rest of us, he truly wants to see the city rejoice in victory, and always has, but we are some of the most ungrateful fans in the CFL.

letsgoticats

I could go a nice long rant about how ridiculous our fan base is, but the majority of you are out to lunch roasting Kent Austin. Whoever this player was is a toolbox, never should you ever spread rumours about your teammates ... and if this is such a serious problem, don't go whining to the press and throwing people under the bus. Absolute hit piece by Drew and you guys are eating it up cus you're mad at the 0-8 start to the season still but I love how everyone fails to realize that Kent stepping down and hiring June Jones was the best decision made all season long, and Austin was the one who made it. If you guys all love June Jones so much, well you have Austin to thank that he's in town and by the sounds of it he's staying and has a great working relationship with Austin.

We've gone to two Grey Cups since 1999, both under the guidance of Austin and if it weren't for a block in the back penalty that drought would be long over by now.

I actually think the majority of our fan base outside this forum are more knowledgeable than most on here, and that's a sad sad statement.

Who was the guy who brought in Banks, Gable, Masoli, Bomben, Simoni, Tasker, Chop, Laurent, Dean, Leonard, Kanneh, Tracey ... we can talk Breaux and Harris who never came back, what about McGough who played great as a rookie this year? What about Saunders? Did you like what you saw out of Whitlock? How bout Castillo and Allen and Maher the year before? Simply if you're excited about this team moving forward, than you're excited about the team Austin has helped put together whether you want to admit it or not.

His coaching decisions became a negative for the team especially the lack of running game, I'm not saying he utilized all these guys properly on the field but he certainly as the VP had his hand in bringing all the talent to this city, including June Jones.

I for one would love to see Austin stick around as VP (which he's clearly going to) because he's proven time and time again he's able to field a quality team full of talented players. People need to remember he's not the coach anymore, VP is a vastly different role and one I think he's always excelled at more with the Cats.

Also if you watch that presser and come away thinking Austin is a terrible guy who tried to "sabotage" the season, well then I can't help you. To me, it seems like he bleeds black and gold like the rest of us, he truly wants to see the city rejoice in victory, and always has, but we are some of the most ungrateful fans in the CFL.
I don't think he tried to sabotage the season.  That sounds insane.

But during Kent Austin's time here, the team gradually became less talented, both on and off the field.  The loss of coordinators, and the inability to bring in quality people to fill those positions reflects entirely on Kent.  The team this year was noticeably less talented than previous years.  And although we had two Grey Cup appearances, Kent never managed to put together a team that won more than 10 games in a year, while playing in a division with an expansion team, a bankrupt Argos franchise, and the aimless Als.   

I really liked Austin's first few years here, but it's all about you've done lately in football, and in Kent's case, it doesn't seem like he's done much.  

schmenger

2ez Opinions are like as#h()*& and everybody has one. The vast majority of the individuals who
post on this sight have a tremendous amount of football knowledge contrary to what you think. As far as Austin, there has been reports and suggestions there has been issues with other positional coaches
acting as a buffer for Austin and his inappropriate actions and behavior. The buffers have left town and Austins true self is exposed. Something stinks in the Tiger Cat organization and if the players act and speak out the garbage needs to be removed. 

The players speak volumes about behavior and attitude when they speak about June Jones. I don't see anybody except for Bob Young coming to Austins defense. Being arrogant and stubborn are two behavior traits a coach or GM should not have. I sincerely hope a D2 offers him a deal that he can not refuse. I for one have had enough drama and in all likelihood will not renew my seasons tickets.      

ticats28

players will not signed here if Austin is. easy decision 

Espo

2ez, great points.  

Letsgoticats:  one could argue that we continually lost great talent that we weren't able to keep around be it to the NFL, cap constraints and other teams, or like the last two years, injury and retirement.  

We played "next man up" for so long that eventually we ran out of players.  (check how many 2017 draft picks played for the cats this year.)

Honestly I'm disappointed with a lot of whats come out from this article.  Seems like Edwards is pulling a pin and walking away with that article.  A few players feeling like airing dirty laundry that could have been better left internal.  Bob lashing out on twitter.  Not a fan of any of these actions today.  

ottawacat

Isn't it kinda nice to have a new controversy?  I'm certainly beyond tired of the last one and yet it already looks like we'll be as split on this new one as we continue to be on QBs.  And, looking ahead, it's pretty much a guarantee we'll have another one coming up in a matter just over 3 weeks or, who knows, maybe much sooner than that if the club chooses to act, on that month end deadline, prior to the Grey Cup blackout period for unrelated announcements by CFL teams. 

Users Online

53 Guests, 4 Users (7 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, ed ohmnes, Sidney, Google (7)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)