canadianfootballfan

Last night the attendance was announced as 24,067, which is only about 130 short of a sellout, yet the seats on TV never looked more than half full.  The roam around and stand in the concourse culture of THF makes the Ticats look like they have no real support, when in fact they sellout virtually every game.

Honestly...  do people actually pay to watch football, then just wander around like they're at a mall?  Show some respect for the game and pay attention to it.

THF's design seems to encourage fans to wander, rather than actually watch the game.  Our A.D.D. culture is bad enough as it is, and we don't need more distractions than we already have.

What do you guys think?

kfan

I'm too old to wander.  I paid for a seat, I sit
Be who you are
Say what you feel
Those that matter don\'t mind
Those that mind don\'t matter

Lennywasout

I'm too old to wander.  I paid for a seat, I sit
What you said👍

Crash

Last night the attendance was announced as 24,067, which is only about 130 short of a sellout, yet the seats on TV never looked more than half full.  The roam around and stand in the concourse culture of THF makes the Ticats look like they have no real support, when in fact they sellout virtually every game.

Honestly...  do people actually pay to watch football, then just wander around like they're at a mall?  Show some respect for the game and pay attention to it.

THF's design seems to encourage fans to wander, rather than actually watch the game.  Our A.D.D. culture is bad enough as it is, and we don't need more distractions than we already have.

What do you guys think?
This is the way modern stadiums are built. Lots of places to meet friends and congregate. 

People pay for a ticket to the game and can do what they want while in attendance. 

canadianfootballfan

Last night the attendance was announced as 24,067, which is only about 130 short of a sellout, yet the seats on TV never looked more than half full.  The roam around and stand in the concourse culture of THF makes the Ticats look like they have no real support, when in fact they sellout virtually every game.

Honestly...  do people actually pay to watch football, then just wander around like they're at a mall?  Show some respect for the game and pay attention to it.

THF's design seems to encourage fans to wander, rather than actually watch the game.  Our A.D.D. culture is bad enough as it is, and we don't need more distractions than we already have.

What do you guys think?
This is the way modern stadiums are built. Lots of places to meet friends and congregate.

People pay for a ticket to the game and can do what they want while in attendance.

They pay for a football ticket so they can do what they want???  That makes no sense at all.  You can do what you want without buying a thing.  If you want to hangout with friends, then congregate at one of your houses, or go to a bar.  Why buy a football ticket to hangout with friends when you can do that for free?

I guess this is what happens when you allow senseless people to have freedom.  Since they don't in fact know how to properly exercise freedom.

Now when people actually need to use the concourse for things like going to the washroom, or buying some food or drink item, they have a sea of roaming idiots (not in their seats) to wade through.  Yeah...  a great use of freedom.  Being invasive to others.

bobo82

I was at the game last night and in my estimation there was nowhere near 24,000+ in attendance .
There was way more empty seats than fans that were supposedly on the concourse and in the party zones . In fact I would hazard a guess that the actual attendance at the game (bums in the seats and elsewhere) wasn't even close to 20,000 .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Defense_Rules

I was at the game last night and in my estimation there was nowhere near 24,000+ in attendance .
There was way more empty seats than fans that were supposedly on the concourse and in the party zones . In fact I would hazard a guess that the actual attendance at the game (bums in the seats and elsewhere) wasn't even close to 20,000 .
When you get free or discounted tickets of course you don't worry about the game.

The Last Word

Watch just a bit of this game but I was shocked at the number of empty seats.  Probably 12 - 14,000 empty throughout the game.  There is no way the concourses would have that many people in them as they could not handle that amount at once.  I would surmise there was 4-5000 at most on the concourses and about 5,000 or more no-shows.

Chestmaster

Last night the attendance was announced as 24,067, which is only about 130 short of a sellout, yet the seats on TV never looked more than half full.  The roam around and stand in the concourse culture of THF makes the Ticats look like they have no real support, when in fact they sellout virtually every game.

Honestly...  do people actually pay to watch football, then just wander around like they're at a mall?  Show some respect for the game and pay attention to it.

THF's design seems to encourage fans to wander, rather than actually watch the game.  Our A.D.D. culture is bad enough as it is, and we don't need more distractions than we already have.

What do you guys think?
I was talking about this during the game. I like the old dump. Everyone was at there seats. Mostly for fear of catching some infection from the dirtiness. 
Posted using the new Blackberry Keyone

cats99

The Coors Banquet bar east side is packed from 1/2 time to the end people don't even bother going back to their seats ?!
Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

Crash

There wasn't near a sellout last night. But it's paid attendance vs door attendance. We have a group of 14 and only 8 game. 

I'm sure that happens around the stadium. 

Doesn't really matter to me. Sell out or not I'm there. Attendance has been an issue around this team many times.... far worse than this. So I'm not sure what the big deal is. 

danoc_86

According to ticketmaster there were only a couple hundred of tickets left 

Krisiun

What do you guys think?
Why do you care? As long as they came to THF and are spending money to help keep our franchise afloat then who cares? 

Yeah sure some of those people are bimbos who just stare at their i-phones while soliciting their friends to like their latest selfie. But if they're going to buy a ticket and nachos then they can stand on the concourse all they want.

ExPat

I guess this is what happens when you allow senseless people to have freedom.  Since they don't in fact know how to properly exercise freedom.

Such a lovely thought.

Ummm ... Hail Hydra, I guess?

schmenger

There is no problem with THF. The ticket holder has several options where they can stand or sit. No big deal. 

Users Online

114 Guests, 14 Users (12 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
The Last Word, 15_championships, vjcos, KevinRiley2, idealsheldon, nopa, bobo82, LeBird, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, EastVanMark, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)