Krisiun

Grover: I was accusing THE TEAM of looking in the rear view mirror.Every organization needs to look ahead.I don't see that happening.Band-Aid solutions are not good enough.
Mr. 62, it seems the team is looking forward to me

We are 5 days into the new year and already have coming for a full season

- a New Starting QB
- a New H/C
- a New RB
- 5 new high end prospects coming to camp from the draft
- $540K in new found Cap space to spend on high end F/A's
I knew all those bullet points individually...but, seeing them listed together does start the year with something to be positive about.
That is just the start of it. I think the Cats will retool and improve in many different areas. A healthy receiving corps and better Coordinators will help also. If Austin and Tillman earn their paycheck by bringing in quality talent then we will have a great season.

mr62cats

Interesting to note that this forum , until JM's agent critically responded to the negotiations, showed nothing but love and adoration for this old boy's club.However, over on 3rd Down Nation there has been general condemnation.This forum can be very close minded.

PatLynch

Speaking of the future,  the East - West Shrine Game is coming up this Saturday,  Jan 13 , on the NFL Network . Regis Cibasu 6'3"  225  Wide receiver from the Montreal Carabins looks like he might be a player . He's big, fast, good hands, and can block . Cibasu is ranked 8th in the scouting bureau rankings.

An OLineman from the Alberta Golden Bears , Mark Korte, 6' 4" has been chosen to play in the Shrine Game over David Knevel, OLine Nebraska, Trey Rutherford  OLine U Conn, Ryan Hunter OLine Bowling Green , and Peter Godber OLine Rice University . Korte is ranked 12th in the scouting bureau rankings while Knevel, Rutherford, Hunter, and Godber are ranked # 1, 2, 3, 4 . Coincidentally, that happens to be the combination to my luggage .

The TiCats draft picks at #2, 10, 11, 15, and 20 should be able to produce some quality future starters . Picks #28, 56, 62, and 66 might be considered suspects rather than prospects but you never know!

So enjoy the Shrine Game and watch out for Cibasu and Korte !

PatLynch (the old guy)

Tipper

Speaking of the future,  the East - West Shrine Game is coming up this Saturday,  Jan 13 , on the NFL Network . Regis Cibasu 6'3"  225  Wide receiver from the Montreal Carabins looks like he might be a player . He's big, fast, good hands, and can block . Cibasu is ranked 8th in the scouting bureau rankings.

An OLineman from the Alberta Golden Bears , Mark Korte, 6' 4" has been chosen to play in the Shrine Game over David Knevel, OLine Nebraska, Trey Rutherford  OLine U Conn, Ryan Hunter OLine Bowling Green , and Peter Godber OLine Rice University . Korte is ranked 12th in the scouting bureau rankings while Knevel, Rutherford, Hunter, and Godber are ranked # 1, 2, 3, 4 . Coincidentally, that happens to be the combination to my luggage .

The TiCats draft picks at #2, 10, 11, 15, and 20 should be able to produce some quality future starters . Picks #28, 56, 62, and 66 might be considered suspects rather than prospects but you never know!

PatLynch (the old guy)
8) The East/West Shrine game is on the 20th of January,  not the 13th !!!

Game held yearly at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida.
    I have attended the game for the past 4  years, and will be there this year also.

my home team

Interesting to note that this forum , until JM's agent critically responded to the negotiations, showed nothing but love and adoration for this old boy's club.However, over on 3rd Down Nation there has been general condemnation.This forum can be very close minded.
Kind of like you criticizing Austin and not recognizing his accomplishments....pot calling the kettle black here....BIG TIME.

blackandgld

Not sure who has what in way of draft picks but a team shy on # of picks might be interested if the Cats wanted to bundle 28, 56, 62, and 66 for a higher or future draft pick.
You can only take so many new Nationals in any one season. Another option of course is to select a player that has already signed as a FA with an NFL team with the thought that you will have to wait on them.

my home team

So here we are. 2018. Yet it appears the same old boy's club is still running the show. Mitchell, Austin and Tillman.
June Jones served his purpose last season.But I see no talk about a future vision for this team.
Looks so far it looks like the same old. Austin's time is up.
I would like to see a new, young HC and new blood in the GM's job who can come up with a vision for the future of this team.
This would be a great year to make some major changes.
All we seem to be doing now is looking into the rear view mirror.
Anyone else feel this way?
Do you want Bob Young gone as well?

There’s no complaining in the world that will drive Young to do as you ask. It’s his team, his money, his organization.  These are not stupid people. All with experience in the CFL which is critical.
I think we should stick to complaining about coaching on down 😁
Lenny:

Can anyone tell me what the "future vision" is for ANY team in this league??

It's not something you're going to make public to players you're negotiating with and other teams that you're competing against for talent.

Just because this statement is not known doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This team came very close to getting to the playoffs last season despite its poor start. Adding, yes.

Major changes??  Only for those who are obsessed with complaining.

I would call the hiring of June Jones and the promotion of Jeremiah Masoli steps forward.

Some seem to confuse continuity with looking back.....
Sure

Stamps: Keep the status quo. We have experienced proven staff and personell. Only thing is to fill the gaps of players who want more then we want to give. We are making it to the cup and posting good records. We just keep getting unlucky at the end of the season, so we'll start mixing up how we rest guys then. Grey Cup close by next year, that will benefit us further.

Montreal: Rebuild and overhaul, there is more wrong then right. Our current management has a half season of rope to produce something. Make every team have to pay money then they want to for any free agent of worth and stockpile picks and cap space for when they inevitably need to trim their roster.

Ottawa: Mix up our coaches (which they've already done). We under performed after winning a Grey Cup, and we don't feel it was just because we had a vet QB since we kept most of our players. Maybe some minor personnel tweaks are also in order, so be very aggressive pursuing those key additions.

Toronto: Keep the status quo. We just won the Grey Cup. We have experienced proven staff and personnel. Only thing is to fill the gaps of players who want more then we want to give. Also get a backup QB (which we already have)

Winnipeg: Unsure, but likely push hard in free agency to get some key additions. Get a backup QB.

Saskatchewan: Jones has begun to turn it around. We needed to upgrade at QB and did so. Just some minor key changes and we'll be back in the show.

Edmonton: Adjust to the new guys we got last season and appraise our salary changes as a result. Likely we'll need to make some trades. Also get a backup QB.

BC: Unsure, but likely have our new GM work some magic and see what he gets us. It's a bit of a dice roll, but we've kind of but put there by injuries and coaches/management who just don't seem to be able to replicate Wally.

Hamilton's seems to be: Status quo. Despite failing to make the playoffs last year, having a management staff that was completely inactive during last free agency, stunk like rotten meat for the first half of the season and tried to hire a man involved in a sexual assault coverup, we got a new coach that went 6-4 after management scrambled after NFL cuts and traded away some top talent to Edmonton and a lot of teams looking to be aggressive in free agency. That must mean we're fine. Oh and Johnny Manziel, because everyone gives us media time by chasing him despite us saying last season at the half way point that he wasn't up to snuff.
Thing is, it's not something the team advertises, but rather others assume from their activities.

Because a team is inactive for a time, doesn't necessarily mean they are keeping status quo. Perhaps, they are waiting on certain players, talking quietly with other GM's, looking at other leagues (NFL, NCAA) for replacements, scouting (bowl games). This takes time.

Krisiun

mr62cats with all due respect it is you who appears close-minded. Surely you must have noticed the improvement the Cats displayed from Labour Day forward. It actually seemed more like an experiment with Jones and Masoli to see what we might have for the future. It seemed to work so now imagine some further tweaking and re-tooling in the off-season to address any deficiencies. It can only get better in 2018.

As far as the old boys club goes, if Bob Young fires everybody top to bottom, then the new chiefs will just bring in their preferred coaches, friends, associates. Then you will have a "NEW" old boys club. 

Austin and Tillman seem to be on a course correction so I would give them one more season to correct the ship. Then if 2018 proves to be dismal we can all bring out our pitchforks again. 8)

PatLynch

Speaking of the future,  the East - West Shrine Game is coming up this Saturday,  Jan 13 , on the NFL Network . Regis Cibasu 6'3"  225  Wide receiver from the Montreal Carabins looks like he might be a player . He's big, fast, good hands, and can block . Cibasu is ranked 8th in the scouting bureau rankings.

An OLineman from the Alberta Golden Bears , Mark Korte, 6' 4" has been chosen to play in the Shrine Game over David Knevel, OLine Nebraska, Trey Rutherford  OLine U Conn, Ryan Hunter OLine Bowling Green , and Peter Godber OLine Rice University . Korte is ranked 12th in the scouting bureau rankings while Knevel, Rutherford, Hunter, and Godber are ranked # 1, 2, 3, 4 . Coincidentally, that happens to be the combination to my luggage .

PatLynch (the old guy)
8) The East/West Shrine game is on the 20th of January,  not the 13th !!!

Game held yearly at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida.
    I have attended the game for the past 4  years, and will be there this year also.

Thanks for the correction Tipper .  My badness.

Users Online

109 Guests, 7 Users (9 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
brihind88, rpaege, schmenger, AlsPal, J5V, Yahoo!, Google (7), Baidu

Most Online Today: 177. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)