TravelPat1

Yes perhaps a couple of hundred people stand on the mezzanines. I actually on a lark counted people on the East Mezzanine half way through a 3rd quarter once last season - when I had to run down to the can - and I counted 87 people. Now I'm sure I missed a few but there is no way the numbers there account for the thousands of empty seats at Cats games last season - all season long.

If those tickets were all sold - they had a HUGE no show rate in the 20% range for many if not most of their games last season.

habcat

Yes perhaps a couple of hundred people stand on the mezzanines. I actually on a lark counted people on the East Mezzanine half way through a 3rd quarter once last season - when I had to run down to the can - and I counted 87 people. Now I'm sure I missed a few but there is no way the numbers there account for the thousands of empty seats at Cats games last season - all season long.

If those tickets were all sold - they had a HUGE no show rate in the 20% range for many if not most of their games last season.
Exactly, I have been saying this for 2 years and have been scoffed at over again here. No-shows are getting worse and worse, apathy has settled in for the casual fan. An indication is all the incentives to renew season tickets this off season which have not been available in the past bunch of years. If they want fans in the seats start winning football games and stop with the BS gimmicks! There was student pricing and it made fans that come back for years. I used to take my kids but the constant losing over the past 18 years has lost them as fans. They are also losing future generations of fans by squeezing them and their parents.

Palmer

As the old joke has it, too many of our fans come dressed as empty seats.  As to the concourses, it looks to us as if a lot of people congregate in the South end patio, at least more so than on the second level on the East side.

But I have to agree, when you look around the stadium, there would have to be hundreds, if not in the thousand and more people in the concourses to account for the empty seats. At one game last year, there were only a half dozen in our entire row.

I guess the team is happy as long as they are paid tickets, but it sure dampens the crowd participation and kind of makes our shots at the Grey Cup champs attendance numbers hypocritical.

Users Online

95 Guests, 11 Users (16 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, TheNit, MtnCat, saskfan23, shadowski, Augustus67, BoLtZ, ExPat, MrLucky, Grover, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (10)

Most Online Today: 153. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)