TravelPat1

Do we really need all of these coaches and all these people on the management team??
Keep this up and we will have more  off field staff  than players.

I suspect all will not be here by the beginning of the season....wonder who will no longer be here..
There seems to be a CFL spending war on coaches, management and operations staff - but sorry players - we can't possibly pay you any more which is why we had to release you all just when you were due for that bonus or would be expecting a raise. 

What's next? Are TSN going to having a coach's cam as a picture-in-picture full time during telecasts of all the games - so we can all watch the coaches all game - since it seems that is where the league is spending the bulk of its revenues. 

(There is a thread on the rapidly ballooning expenditures on those sort of things on the main CFL board).   

my home team

I am interested to see what will happen to coach Lolley. Staying as D Coordinator or bumped out???
Just saying that this reminds me a little of coach Steph Ptaszek and "the writting is on the wall" arrangement he went through last season.
Good question....I'm wondering that too!!!

my home team

Do we really need all of these coaches and all these people on the management team??
Keep this up and we will have more  off field staff  than players.

I suspect all will not be here by the beginning of the season....wonder who will no longer be here..
There seems to be a CFL spending war on coaches, management and operations staff - but sorry players - we can't possibly pay you any more which is why we had to release you all just when you were due for that bonus or would be expecting a raise.

What's next? Are TSN going to having a coach's cam as a picture-in-picture full time during telecasts of all the games - so we can all watch the coaches all game - since it seems that is where the league is spending the bulk of its revenues.

(There is a thread on the rapidly ballooning expenditures on those sort of things on the main CFL board).  
A lot of the restrictions on players' salaries are because of the cap....

As far as I know...there is no such thing affecting coaches and management...

CatsFaninOttawa

That's kind of people's point. If teams are so strapped for cash that they needed to implement a salary cap on players, where are they finding all this cash to pay the coaches and management?

smogmonster

Lolley out and Glanville in as DC.  Orlondo will be busy mentoring the mentor...  :o
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

my home team

That's kind of people's point. If teams are so strapped for cash that they needed to implement a salary cap on players, where are they finding all this cash to pay the coaches and management?
Part of the reason for a salary cap is to level the playing field between those teams that are well funded and those that aren't...much like other leagues that have employed a similar method....

seymour

Lolley out and Glanville in as DC.  Orlondo will be busy mentoring the mentor...  :o
Steinauer (and/or his family) must have been desperate to leave Fresno State for him to agree to be a part of his messed-up structure.
I see this as a step back for Steinauer as he is upstaged by a 76 year old gimmick coach with zero CFL coaching experience, and to me, this sets up a perfect opportunity for split loyalties within the defense as Glanville's road show and gimmickry get stale (and they will).

schmenger

Glanville has forgotten more defensive schemes than most coaches. I suggest we give him an opportunity before we condemn his coaching abilities. Think positive... 

ExPat

Glanville has forgotten more defensive schemes than most coaches.
That expression comes up a lot.  Not sure why it’s presumed to be a positive, especially for a fellow of his advanced age.  

blackandgld

Well Glanville should learn a lot in the next 2 years. He will be all primed up when he is 78 with the required CFL knowledge to succeed.

PatLynch

Well Glanville should learn a lot in the next 2 years. He will be all primed up when he is 78 with the required CFL knowledge to succeed.
Why not take the Jack Nicholson approach to our new D coordinator . " Always look on the bright side of life" from As Good As It Gets .

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

my home team

Lolley out and Glanville in as DC.  Orlondo will be busy mentoring the mentor...  :o
Steinauer (and/or his family) must have been desperate to leave Fresno State for him to agree to be a part of his messed-up structure.
I see this as a step back for Steinauer as he is upstaged by a 76 year old gimmick coach with zero CFL coaching experience, and to me, this sets up a perfect opportunity for split loyalties within the defense as Glanville's road show and gimmickry get stale (and they will).
"must have"

Guessing??

We don't know....and neither do you.....

seymour

"must have"

Guessing??

From Drew Edwards on 3DN, February 22nd:

In the release from the club, Steinauer alluded to the fact that his family – he has three daughters, two of whom are still living at home – has spent “the vast majority of our lives in Southern Ontario” and that the move “aligned with my personal and professional priorities.”
Living in Canada again may have been appealing, especially given that his kids were born and raised in Oakville...

stevehvh

Maybe the thing to do is listen to Orlondo speak about his return himself. Seems like he's quite happy about it.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/hamilton-1150/steinauer-opportunities-presented-made-returning-very-appealing-1.1009131
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

my home team

"must have"

Guessing??

From Drew Edwards on 3DN, February 22nd:

In the release from the club, Steinauer alluded to the fact that his family – he has three daughters, two of whom are still living at home – has spent “the vast majority of our lives in Southern Ontario” and that the move “aligned with my personal and professional priorities.”
Living in Canada again may have been appealing, especially given that his kids were born and raised in Oakville...
Sorry...I read "preference" in the statement you provided...but I don't see "desperation" from it...

Users Online

88 Guests, 7 Users (20 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Beam reach, pdson2, Lennywasout, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (16)

Most Online Today: 124. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)