Grover

1 year contract

http://3downnation.com/2018/01/05/ticats-make-brandon-banks-signing-official/

Banks posted career receiving highs in catches (67), yards (1,011) and touchdowns (eight). Speedy B had 52 yards before Labour Day and 959 in 10 games after.
“Brandon has been a game-changer on special teams and one of the premier playmakers in the Canadian Football League since his arrival in 2013,” Hamilton head coach June Jones said in a statement. “Last season, he also transformed into an explosive every-down receiver in our offence and we’re thrilled to have him back as a starter in 2018.”
Last season, Banks became just the eighth player in CFL history to record five consecutive 100-yard receiving games from September 30 versus Toronto to October 27 at Ottawa.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Killer91

Heading down to put my money where my mouth is again an buy my daughter the jersey shen didnt get for Christmas! B16B   ;D ;D

ottawacat

Just a 1-year deal for Speedy. 
I think the smarter player agents would be advising 1-year deals and recommending not signing a contract for beyond this season.  The league's SMS cap increases by just under 1% for 2018 and the 5-year CBA expires in early February a year from now.  Between the final year (2013,) of the previous CBA, and the first (2014) of the current agreement the cap increased by over 13.6%.  If I was player signing a contract now that covers the 2019 season, I'd be wanting a clause calling for a percentage increase on the 2019, agreed upon, salary equivalent to the percentage increase in the SMS cap for that season. 

toddstattoo

wow  I'm  so happy
Oskee Wee Wee

Onemoredork

Hey, Ti-Cats wake up.

-Hammer-

One year deal to me says he making it clear if he gets jerked around, his time here will be short one way or another. The team also might feel the same way with his previous substance abuse and personal issues. Regardless, I think it's a clear message that he'll happily test the market after the CBA expires if it comes to that.

Slomojo2005

Hopefully we get the last half of season Banks instead of the 1st half season Banks, whom seemed to care “ not one ounce”.  I suspect Speedy will be driven this coming year.  

Espo

So Speedy re-signed....    Austin, assumably signed the contract, (and was in all the photo-ops with him at the presser)

Where's Drew Edwards defending his garbage article now?
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

of course

Bob Young's assessment of Edwards' article (which Young later apologized to Edwards for) was accurate: the criticisms of Austin were generated by a few malcontent players (obviously not Banks), and were believed by a naïve reporter.

Edwards has fallen into the "click bait" trap of modern reporting...write something controversial that Internet goers will click on to increase traffic to your site (ex. 3DownNation).

I wonder how many people would click on Edwards' stories if he was shifted to covering municipal politics? 

The truth of the matter is no matter who writes the stories about the Ticats, Ticat fans will click on them, because we are fans of the club.  A lot of the fans on Ticats.ca write better stuff on these message boards than Edwards writes in the Spectator, IMO.

blackandgld

I wonder if the one year contract also has something to do with Vince McMahon and his rumored      XFL II ...

Are we about to be presented with the XFL 2.0?
World Wrestling Entertainment chairman and CEO Vince McMahon has filed to sell $100 million worth of shares in the company, according to ESPN’s Darren Rovell.
McMahon’s intentions with the money are “primarily to fund a separate entity from the Company, Alpha Entertainment LLC, which Mr. McMahon established to explore investment opportunities across the sports and entertainment landscapes, including professional football.”

Fans of the original XFL will be giddy with the news that McMahon has also filed for five trademarks.

catfish

;D Goody goody, Speedy is back I don't have to sell the farm. ;D

DisplacedCatsFan

One year deal to me says he making it clear if he gets jerked around, his time here will be short one way or another. The team also might feel the same way with his previous substance abuse and personal issues. Regardless, I think it's a clear message that he'll happily test the market after the CBA expires if it comes to that.
I don't think you will see many multi-season contracts this year due to the CBA deal expiring.  It's the smartest thing to do, from a player's perspective...
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

Onemoredork

As a fan Banks has maxed out my ability to ignore his griping and various indiscretions.  Be a productive professional without all the rubbish,  please.

blackandgld

Ha, funny that I was at the same point with Speedy. Then he went on his tear receiving like he was the top WR in the league and i was back to saying that is Speedy being Speedy our lovable undersized fiery superstar.
Kind of like the GF in high school. You could put up with more BS if she was cute....OK, my bad!

tabbyfan

The 1 year deal is also good for Hamilton, if last year was just a fluke then we are not stuck with a long term contract.  Now that the teams know about him they will prepare for him better.

Users Online

86 Guests, 13 Users (23 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, Evil Doctor, greenandwhite, Mightygoose, narles, schmenger, FootbalYouBet, claudebug, Migs, disciplineandpunish, Dr.Whiskey, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (17)

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)