Chestmaster

Consecutive weeks now 3 times total (I think) we have done this. I get the idea of spreading it out and running some sort of option but this is going to come back to bite us.

Ive always been against handing the ball off at the 4 because 1 blown up play and you're in big trouble. Line up behind centre with JM and run the sneak. I think this is a product of Coach Jones not being in the CFL for a long time and not know how automatic it should be.

I'm pretty sure JM's percentage from the 1 is off the charts so I'm not sure why we're overthinking this one.
I'd rather not use JM on the dive forward short yardage plays. I trust Gable to get a yard
You mean 4-5?
Sure I guess if yah wanna get technical lol. Draw play is great for backs like Gable. But my main point was I don't want JM hurt
Posted using the new Blackberry Keyone

DisplacedCatsFan

I agree with you Killer. Dan is the best when you need a yard IMO.
Radelin was such a bust but a big dude for sure. 1st round pick and 3rd overall that avg. 2.7 yards a carry for his career.
19 rushing TDs in his 5 seasons with the Cats. 386 career rushing yards. I remember him well.
Such a bust?  That massive 2.7 YPR stat only tells you a tiny part of the story.  Rads was a fullback in the classic sense.  He was the lead blocker for the running backs, and got the vast majority of his rush attempts in short-yardage and goal line situations.  When you line up on the opponent's 1-yd-line, that's as far as you have to go for a TD.  

Rads lined up about 5 yards back of DMac, an was in a full sprint as soon as the ball was actually snapped.  All Danny had to do was turn, and Rads was already there.  Virtually unstoppable.
absolutely not a bust. comment makes no sense.
I expect more from a 3rd overall pick thus the bust comment but to each his own. 75 yards rushing/season was his avg. If you think that was a great career I am not sure what to say. Anyway, back on topic. As long as they are making the yardage i don't care if they line up in the wishbone. I think it is awfully hard to stop Gable short of a yard if you tell the other team what the play is the way he is running right now. Some time on the bench has really motivated Gable to play like the beast that he can be!
I guess you don't understand the difference between a Fullback and a Halfback.  Again, Radlein was used almost exclusively in short-yardage situations, where his size and strength turned him into a living battering ram.  He wasn't often stopped on one-to-two-yard rush attempts.
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

Crash

2 sneaks vs 1 throw.
What a joke.

king1010

Wtf was that

MakeTheCFLGreatAgain

WTF is a shotgun pass from the 1 with 5 seconds left down by 8......

Maybe the dumbest playcall I've ever witnessed...

The end. 

CatsFaninOttawa

OK, maybe a quick pass to Tasker at the goal line. But a deep drop and then a pass deep in the end zone? Very bizarre.

The way Jones and Masoli were talking afterwards, I'm thinking the quick pass was the play, but it was well covered, but Masoli then went to a second or third read instead of just dumping it off.

Then again, had the pass been accurate - the receiver was actually open - we'd all be saying it was a brilliant call, totally unexpected.

cats99

WTF is a shotgun pass from the 1 with 5 seconds left down by 8......

Maybe the dumbest playcall I've ever witnessed...

The end.
Who's that Patazak ?
Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

Crash

OK, maybe a quick pass to Tasker at the goal line. But a deep drop and then a pass deep in the end zone? Very bizarre.

The way Jones and Masoli were talking afterwards, I'm thinking the quick pass was the play, but it was well covered, but Masoli then went to a second or third read instead of just dumping it off.

Then again, had the pass been accurate - the receiver was actually open - we'd all be saying it was a brilliant call, totally unexpected.
Masoli looked for Tasker in the flat. Wasn't there. Should have thrown it into the turf.

Regardless. The call was a joke. 2 sneaks. If they stop it they deserve it.

No other team in the league Would do something so stupid.

FormerlyTurkish

What about an option sweep with speedy or spreading out the receivers.  It was very congested.   The lack of a two minute drill cost at least a couple of plays.

Crash

What about an option sweep with speedy or spreading out the receivers.  It was very congested.   The lack of a two minute drill cost at least a couple of plays.
Still cant be in the shotgun, if you want to try a jet sweet i might almost be able to deal with it. But shotgun pass over 2 sneaks is a joke. 

Honestly anyone that tries to defend that play call hasnt watched enough CFL football. There was no reason for it.

2ez

Horrible. Absolutely horrible I'm still seething. You can sneak the ball twice in that amount of time .... so brain dead it hurts we had a chance and pissed it away.

Gerbear20

You hit the nail on the head . No other team would do something so stupid.
There were other earlier plays like 2knd and 2 when masoli should have run it as we are playing 3 down football any way we would have 2 cracks at 2 yards. Masoli ended up running on 3rd and 2 anyway and missed by inches if they ran the first tinme we;d have an easy first down
The last play of the game was terrible..why throw when you have a thick qb like masoli thyat is strong and can run ..it's a no brainer

In the end , this team just doesn't have enough talent or good play calling

We don't have enough good receivers and this jones guy finally has to be let go after fumbling near his own 10 yard line on a 1 on 1 tackle..please no more jones

I think Gable dropped alot of balls tonight too and wasn't very good running the ball or accepting
screen passes

Masoli is was too inconsistant....how many balls did he bounce or throw an interception

This Saskatchewan team is not  very good but we made them look like grey cup champs

Their # 1 qb was out of the game and #2 qb a canadian ends up looking like warren moon on us.
Their best receiver was out of the game early in duran carter and they were on the road. This is a game we should be winning . We made so many mistakes in this game from players to play calling i am at a loss for words...

Our offence does not have enough weapons and Gable's drops and lack of breakaway speed will never get us anywhere..Masoli makes far too many mistakes

I am thinking maybe we do need to bring in johnny football as Masoli is too inconsistant to beat any western team and our receiving corps is so small...we need a big guy or two in there
a guy like TYms that we cut ..let's bring in this collins guy and gi ve him a shot

our db's did not have a good game overall especially Eman Davis and of course washington with 2 or 3 pass interference calls then gets ejected for spitting giving up a ton of yards 

we just don't have enough talent across the board..we were beaten at home against a mediocre team withoutr it;s @1 qb and # 1 receiver and we are manhandled all 3 aspects of the game.....we did not provide enough pass rush..this capicotti guy is a decent canadian but we really don't have a good pass rusher like calgary had lemon and charleston hughes and edm has willis and chick .....

i noticed the stands were not full.....that is because they are offering an inferior product

i liked june jones for two games but he poorly mis managed this game in his play calling time and time again.

i figure june jones words to austin will be please johnny manziel.....i can't see june jones being satisfied by the effort we saw from gable and masoli....also a smart and good team would have traded for signed  a decent national receiver knowing fantuz would be out for most of the season....

Crash

Ger: I think I agree with everything you said.

relic7

All I know is that if that HC lasts one more game it will be a shock...where did he come from ?? ..maybe a old-school southern state that played 4 down boring crap!!...

Beetlejuice

I expect that in the NFL, they do it all the time. They dont get a free yard though, does Jones know this?

Users Online

78 Guests, 5 Users (13 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
GOTC1, 97valkyrie, toddstattoo, Grover, Yahoo!, Google (11), Baidu

Most Online Today: 116. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)