schmenger

The Thread is about Andy Fantuz, not about the coaches..................  

[From the mods:  Noted.  All of the posts about Coach Austin and Drew Edwards have been removed.  Those are posts for another thread.]

ExPat

I wonder whose idea it was to designate Andy as “retired” last season?  Presumably he can un-retire if he wants to play somewhere else.  

Palmer

I wonder whose idea it was to designate Andy as “retired” last season?  Presumably he can un-retire if he wants to play somewhere else.  
Is this just a category of players?  For example, didn't Kackert retire from the Argos, sign on as the strength coach, and then when healthy, "unretire" and go back on the active roster?

I wonder if by being retired, a player is no longer included on the roster count, but at the same time, I would think he is not allowed to practice with the club as a "practice roster" player might do.

sportsfan100

He un-retired and signed with the ti-cats on September 18, 2017, played in 3 games catching 6 passes.  Obviously he was only signed to a 1 yr contract last year and is now a free agent.

ExPat

He un-retired and signed with the ti-cats on September 18, 2017, played in 3 games catching 6 passes.  Obviously he was only signed to a 1 yr contract last year and is now a free agent.
I'm talking about a later transaction, which happened before the season ended.

Nov 1
HAM TRF TO  RETIRED NAT Aaron CRAWFORD (LS)    Saint Mary’s
HAM TRF TO  RETIRED NAT Andrew FANTUZ (WR)    Western University

https://www.cfl.ca/transactions-2017/

relic7

He has had a good run...too bad he couldn't stay on in some capacity...possible help with receivers?

blackandgld

Who knows, maybe he didn't want another training camp and might resurface for a late run after he sees how he may fit in.

catfish

Thank you Andy for all the trilling plays and great touchdowns you gave us over the years. Your the best.   :( :(

Slomojo2005

Likely just a $$$ game 

SilverSurfer

Time to move on I guess for the Cats and Andy Fantuz. Thank you for your great CFL career, memories in Hamilton and time in the community and at local charity events.

Andy, you looked pretty comfortable on TV years past talking to TSN CFL hosts, maybe another career move for you in the works and move from the playing field to the broadcast booth?

It would be great to have an ex-Cat/Sask player on the panel other than Dunigan.

GO CATS GO!!!

Users Online

96 Guests, 17 Users (12 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
DisplacedCatsFan, Lyle B. Style, ExPat, letsgoticats, Ferg, heapbag, tabbiefan72, MadJack, KevinRiley2, Clawed2bitz, Ticatsfan25, rpaege, Mightygoose, Obrigardo, guelphcatsfan, Google (AdSense) (7), Google (5)

Most Online Today: 168. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)