FormerlyTurkish

all right all right  i guess you can add to that list the leafs will win the cup

Grover

I see Matthew Green, who is the Councillor from Ward 3, going public over a lawsuit that the TiCats are holding the City accountable for the Stadium being over year and a half late.
Very unprofessional to go public.
Just another example of the City disrespecting what the TiCats bring to the City.

Matthew Green‏Verified account 
@MGreenWard3
Jan 1
Matthew Green Retweeted Barton St. Battalion
Looking forward to @CaretakerBob and @ticatmitchell dropping their ridiculous lawsuit against the City so we can finally see #CanPL soccer in Hamilton.

We won’t see anything moving forward in Hamilton until we lay that nonsense to rest. #HamOnt #HappyNewYear #2018LawSuitClean

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

2ez

I see Matthew Green, who is the Councillor from Ward 3, going public over a lawsuit that the TiCats are holding the City accountable for the Stadium being over year and a half late.
Just another example of the City disrespecting what the TiCats bring to the City.

@MGreenWard3

Jan 1
Looking forward to @CaretakerBob and @ticatmitchell dropping their ridiculous lawsuit against the City so we can finally see #CanPL soccer in Hamilton.

We won’t see anything moving forward in Hamilton until we lay that nonsense to rest. #HamOnt #HappyNewYear #2018LawSuitClean

Lol what a clown why do this? ... Bob Young is probably at the top of the list of people who wants this crap resolved so he can host a Grey Cup and see the CPL come to fruition. 

I've always heard people complain about our city council, but this entire stadium saga has really proven to a young guy like me how politics work in Hamilton - it's a complete sham.

The City loves to toy with Bob and I have no idea why, they are pretty much the only reason the CPL is delayed because they voted not to renegotiate the contract because of the legal problems. Did they have to do that? Nope but they wanted to play a good ol' game of politics, and clearly they're having fun by the looks of Mr. Green's tweets. I also doubt they HAVE to refrain from negotiating for the Grey Cup, they simply are trying to force Bob's hand.

I'm 100% in Bob's corner on this one, he lost a lot of money playing at Guelph - which sucked but we made do...it was the next year where they were forced to play at Mac and then in front of a 3/4 filled stadium for the big inaugural game that was a real kick in the balls ... this whole process was a joke from the very start and its unbelievable we are still talking about "stadium issues" (Anyone remember that monster of a thread??) ... really gets under my skin because it just shouldn't be this complicated. 

Lennywasout

I lost all respect (what little he had from me) when he decided to try and roast a police officer dong his job.  Shootings have doubled in Hamilton in 2017 and he is constantly waging a war our our police services.  Now these stupid tweets.  Does he think he’s Trump because he is as foolish as Trump now.
I hope people wake up and turf this yo-yo next election.  

FormerlyTurkish

Green will do or say anything to keep his name out there. He screams term limit.   Im sure he is fast tracking the 1mil per game the city owes cats.

ottawacat

I expect this means the long-rumoured Calgary being the 2019 Grey Cup host city will be confirmed tomorrow:

https://press.cfl.ca/canadian-football-league-making-special-announcement-in-calgary-tomorrow?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

-Hammer-

@MGreenWard3

Jan 1

We won’t see anything moving forward in Hamilton until we lay that nonsense to rest. #HamOnt #HappyNewYear #2018LawSuitClean

Lol what a clown why do this? ... Bob Young is probably at the top of the list of people who wants this crap resolved so he can host a Grey Cup and see the CPL come to fruition.

I've always heard people complain about our city council, but this entire stadium saga has really proven to a young guy like me how politics work in Hamilton - it's a complete sham.

The City loves to toy with Bob and I have no idea why, they are pretty much the only reason the CPL is delayed because they voted not to renegotiate the contract because of the legal problems. Did they have to do that? Nope but they wanted to play a good ol' game of politics, and clearly they're having fun by the looks of Mr. Green's tweets. I also doubt they HAVE to refrain from negotiating for the Grey Cup, they simply are trying to force Bob's hand.

I'm 100% in Bob's corner on this one, he lost a lot of money playing at Guelph - which sucked but we made do...it was the next year where they were forced to play at Mac and then in front of a 3/4 filled stadium for the big inaugural game that was a real kick in the balls ... this whole process was a joke from the very start and its unbelievable we are still talking about "stadium issues" (Anyone remember that monster of a thread??) ... really gets under my skin because it just shouldn't be this complicated.
Try looking at it from the other perspective.

The Cats are looking for likely at least 15 million dollars of taxpayer money, after the city already did the heavy lifting to get the stadium money, spent 50 million dollars of it's own money and was delayed in construction because the Cats wanted to change the site at the last minute, despite the site having been communicated as early as 2008 during the Commonwealth Games bid. Also as this litigation continues, the city has to expend further resources to protect its own rights.

Now, that same organization is trying to outright say "We are full steam ahead for another team" and the city is saying "No...your lease doesn't cover that and your rights for soccer explicitly disappeared during this portion of the lease." which to me, screams further litigation if the Cats try to push forward on it without the other legal issues being resolved (which Green has outright said, close that book we can start a new one). It's established city policy that predates Green, not to do new business with people involved in litigation with the city. The city doesn't want to be painted by the villain bY springing that legal tibit at the last second though, which is why they are saying "Hey we're warning you guys"

Then add to the fact that Hamilton has a massive successful Councillor incumbency rate (with most Councillors having held positions since 2006 or earlier) it lends them to assume the status quo is what their constituents want. Now Green isn't an incumbent as of the last election, but given his ward politics, it wouldn't shock me if he gets another term.

smogmonster

No 2019 Cup in Hamilton.  It stays in Alberta going to Calgary next.
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

Users Online

107 Guests, 12 Users (12 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
heapbag, Grover, Onemoredork, KevinRiley2, Mightygoose, SeaFiddle, pdson2, slowhand, Slomojo2005, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)