Lennywasout

It’s tough enough to manage 1 cap let alone 2.  Infighting with the CFLPA would rip it apart and do more harm than good.  
While I agree there is inequity between players with Americans at a slight disadvantage, there are tons of players in the US to feed the CFL with players even if it seems unfair.  The CFL cannot worry about how the exchange rate effects US players personally.  They (US players) didn’t complain when the Canadian $ was at about 1.10US.  (Although short lived)

Crash

It’s tough enough to manage 1 cap let alone 2.  Infighting with the CFLPA would rip it apart and do more harm than good.  
While I agree there is inequity between players with Americans at a slight disadvantage, there are tons of players in the US to feed the CFL with players even if it seems unfair.  The CFL cannot worry about how the exchange rate effects US players personally.  They (US players) didn’t complain when the Canadian $ was at about 1.10US.  (Although short lived)
One of the things that makes it tough to manage the cap is the differences between salaries and the ratio.

CFLPA would only be against it if its not relative to the differences we see today.

ottawacat

blackandgld

This one's sad, too.
A bad "break" for former TiCat Matt Coates:

http://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/bombers-cut-coates-add-four-players-ahead-of-rookie-camp
Never quite understood all the love for Matt Coates??
34 career CFL games with the Cats with 9 receptions.
7 receptions in 18 games last year with Bombers. Yeah I see why he was cut from the camp roster. Not to be rude but I think he has been rather fortunate to play 4 seasons in the CFL. Maybe he will get invited to another teams camp. It is early enough.
Now i do feel sorry for Andy Fantuz also unemployed who made 211 receptions over these same last 4 seasons.

ottawacat

I think Coates was respected by fans here because of the long, hard, road he travelled to eventually play in the CFL.  He spent a lot of hours on the road between here and Markham to practise and play with the Hurricanes and then the Cats.  He became a Bomber starter during last season and was expected to hold onto that role, in addition to his ST duties as Medlock's holder.  

Palmer

IMO, it's a tough road being a national WR in the CFL, especially if you are the "Z" guy and start or play as the second national on offence.  I'm obviously being bitter, but it seems the main role then is a decoy, shunted out to the wide side of the field, covered by a national DB, so that the rest of the boys get to play eleven on eleven football.  Normally see the ball about once or twice a game, which is once or twice more than the national guy playing FB.

Matt Coates was doubly handicapped in Hamilton as he was usually the back-up to the starting national, or went in when an extra international was also subbed in.  It seems if he saw he ball at all, it was usually a broken play and an almost impossible catch. Plus, despite his work ethic, I don't recall him having a lot of speed.

At least in Winnipeg, he got to start and saw the ball a bit more during the game.

Users Online

79 Guests, 5 Users (14 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
rhymes with orange, Krisiun, ExPat, FootbalYouBet, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)