safetyblitz

Not sure with the 6 yr difference in age if I'd be interested in McDaniel . Also not too impressed with his attitude after he threw his team mate under the bus and blaming him for Calgary's loss in last years Grey Cup .
My first thought was whether his chirping after the Grey Cup made this decision a little easier for Huf.

tabbyfan

This is the "Catch 22 " of the CFL. If the cap goes up, the team's pass it on to the fans. For me $200.00 for a fake team jersey is just a bit much. The price of very terrible food . So where does it stop and become realistic. Season tickets where you can actually see the game at an affordable price. I am not complaining.  I am pointing out the realities of the league. Food for thought .
LOL . No pun intended .  ;)
The NFL pays their players what they do because of huge TV contracts , it is time for Bell media to pay the CFL what they deserve..... If TSN can pay the Ottawa Senators 45 million a year on a regional contract that pulls in about 120, 000 viewers per game , then surely the CFL  that pulls in  an average of 500K per game,  minus playoffs and Grey Cup would be worth a whole lot more  on a yearly basis .......  
You got that right!  This isn't the 90s where the CFL is almost folding, attendance and viewership is up yet the TV networks figure they are doing a favour to Canada and the CFL by broadcasting the games.

tabbyfan

This is the "Catch 22 " of the CFL. If the cap goes up, the team's pass it on to the fans. For me $200.00 for a fake team jersey is just a bit much. The price of very terrible food. So where does it stop and become realistic. Season tickets where you can actually see the game at an affordable price. I am not complaining.   I am pointing out the realities of the league. Food for thought.
No Offense if you paid $200 for a jersey you don't know how to shop.
You can tell it is a Yank site; Hamilton Tiger Cats SOCCER jersey.

canadianfootballfan

The 2018 cap will be 5.2 million like last year, and with a minimum at 4.6 million.  I guess they're worried some teams might under spend, and in turn be under-competitive.

The cap was only around 2 million a decade ago, so it's already had a significant increase.

tabbiefanmcb

McDaniels would look good in gold/black. If the $$$ is right!
Tasker >>>> McDaniels
Tasker ..........age 27
McDaniel.......age 33

Not sure with the 6 yr difference in age if I'd be interested in McDaniel . Also not too impressed with his attitude after he threw his team mate under the bus and blaming him for Calgary's loss in last years Grey Cup . Besides his best days are clearly behind him and signing him at this stage would be strictly a stop gap measure . I would rather if we had to sign a new wr that we sign DaVaris Daniels.....the guy that McDaniel threw under that bus . He is currently a FA unsigned by the Stamps , is only 25 yrs of age and he had really nice numbers last year to go along with his nice stats he had 2 yrs ago in his rookie season .

https://www.cfl.ca/players/davaris-daniels/161757/
bobo - Actually it was Kamar Jorden that McDaniel threw under the bus.  Jorden fumbled that ball right in front of us and Vaughn (Ticat "reject" - lol) scooped it up and ran it down the field.  Jorden incidentally was one of the first potential FAs re-signed by the Stamps!  And I agree - the Ticats don't need McDaniel - been there, done that!  :) 

Users Online

89 Guests, 6 Users (11 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Lyle B. Style, Evil Doctor, KevinRiley2, ticats28, FootbalYouBet, DavidThompson, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 110. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)