safetyblitz

Not sure with the 6 yr difference in age if I'd be interested in McDaniel . Also not too impressed with his attitude after he threw his team mate under the bus and blaming him for Calgary's loss in last years Grey Cup .
My first thought was whether his chirping after the Grey Cup made this decision a little easier for Huf.

tabbyfan

This is the "Catch 22 " of the CFL. If the cap goes up, the team's pass it on to the fans. For me $200.00 for a fake team jersey is just a bit much. The price of very terrible food . So where does it stop and become realistic. Season tickets where you can actually see the game at an affordable price. I am not complaining.  I am pointing out the realities of the league. Food for thought .
LOL . No pun intended .  ;)
The NFL pays their players what they do because of huge TV contracts , it is time for Bell media to pay the CFL what they deserve..... If TSN can pay the Ottawa Senators 45 million a year on a regional contract that pulls in about 120, 000 viewers per game , then surely the CFL  that pulls in  an average of 500K per game,  minus playoffs and Grey Cup would be worth a whole lot more  on a yearly basis .......  
You got that right!  This isn't the 90s where the CFL is almost folding, attendance and viewership is up yet the TV networks figure they are doing a favour to Canada and the CFL by broadcasting the games.

tabbyfan

This is the "Catch 22 " of the CFL. If the cap goes up, the team's pass it on to the fans. For me $200.00 for a fake team jersey is just a bit much. The price of very terrible food. So where does it stop and become realistic. Season tickets where you can actually see the game at an affordable price. I am not complaining.   I am pointing out the realities of the league. Food for thought.
No Offense if you paid $200 for a jersey you don't know how to shop.
You can tell it is a Yank site; Hamilton Tiger Cats SOCCER jersey.

canadianfootballfan

The 2018 cap will be 5.2 million like last year, and with a minimum at 4.6 million.  I guess they're worried some teams might under spend, and in turn be under-competitive.

The cap was only around 2 million a decade ago, so it's already had a significant increase.

tabbiefanmcb

McDaniels would look good in gold/black. If the $$$ is right!
Tasker >>>> McDaniels
Tasker ..........age 27
McDaniel.......age 33

Not sure with the 6 yr difference in age if I'd be interested in McDaniel . Also not too impressed with his attitude after he threw his team mate under the bus and blaming him for Calgary's loss in last years Grey Cup . Besides his best days are clearly behind him and signing him at this stage would be strictly a stop gap measure . I would rather if we had to sign a new wr that we sign DaVaris Daniels.....the guy that McDaniel threw under that bus . He is currently a FA unsigned by the Stamps , is only 25 yrs of age and he had really nice numbers last year to go along with his nice stats he had 2 yrs ago in his rookie season .

https://www.cfl.ca/players/davaris-daniels/161757/
bobo - Actually it was Kamar Jorden that McDaniel threw under the bus.  Jorden fumbled that ball right in front of us and Vaughn (Ticat "reject" - lol) scooped it up and ran it down the field.  Jorden incidentally was one of the first potential FAs re-signed by the Stamps!  And I agree - the Ticats don't need McDaniel - been there, done that!  :) 

bobo82

McDaniels would look good in gold/black. If the $$$ is right!
Tasker >>>> McDaniels
Tasker ..........age 27
McDaniel.......age 33

Not sure with the 6 yr difference in age if I'd be interested in McDaniel . Also not too impressed with his attitude after he threw his team mate under the bus and blaming him for Calgary's loss in last years Grey Cup . Besides his best days are clearly behind him and signing him at this stage would be strictly a stop gap measure . I would rather if we had to sign a new wr that we sign DaVaris Daniels.....the guy that McDaniel threw under that bus . He is currently a FA unsigned by the Stamps , is only 25 yrs of age and he had really nice numbers last year to go along with his nice stats he had 2 yrs ago in his rookie season .

https://www.cfl.ca/players/davaris-daniels/161757/
bobo - Actually it was Kamar Jorden that McDaniel threw under the bus.  Jorden fumbled that ball right in front of us and Vaughn (Ticat "reject" - lol) scooped it up and ran it down the field.  Jorden incidentally was one of the first potential FAs re-signed by the Stamps!  And I agree - the Ticats don't need McDaniel - been there, done that!  :)
DOH !!! Yup , yer absolutely right it was Jorden . Karma is definitely a bitch when it comes to McDaniel  indeed . Jorden gets thrown under the bus by McDaniel and McDaniel gets thrown under the bus by the team . Ironic isn't it ? At the end of the day Jorden re-signed and still a Stampeder and McDaniel is released and on the unemployment line looking for work . :)
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

my home team

Not sure with the 6 yr difference in age if I'd be interested in McDaniel . Also not too impressed with his attitude after he threw his team mate under the bus and blaming him for Calgary's loss in last years Grey Cup .
My first thought was whether his chirping after the Grey Cup made this decision a little easier for Huf.
Ironic as I remember McDaniel's butter fingers well when he was in Hamilton, especially on the most important plays.

Perhaps a good receiver, but a terrible teammate.

Age aside, we don't need that selfishness here.

EastVanMark

The cap was only around 2 million a decade ago, so it's already had a significant increase.

No it wasn't. First off, the "hard" salary cap of today was never that low.

The vague "operations" cap was only a guide (not a true hard salary cap) and even then it hasn't been that low since near the turn of the century. Back then, every team but one or two were losing money and the TV deal was for under $10 million per year.

Different world now.

The cap has not increased enough for to keep pace with skyrocketing revenues

Crash

With all of the social media talk by players about what Canadians vs US players make... I wonder if the league would consider 2 salary caps. This way the total cap can be spread out between both, rather than it all going to specific places.

Espo

With all of the social media talk by players about what Canadians vs US players make... I wonder if the league would consider 2 salary caps. This way the total cap can be spread out between both, rather than it all going to specific places.
not sure how that would work out Crash?
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

Crash

not sure how that would work out Crash?
Just take the cap at its total and break it down in 2. Agree on a fair split and say 2.3m for Canadian players and 2m for American. (These numbers are completely made up).

Canadian linemen making 265k and very good American WRs  making 56k is a problem IMO.

You would see less player movement and teams willing to pay more to skill positions, less vets being cut. Etc.

safetyblitz

That would be great for the league, and bad for the players, as it would drive a deeper wedge between the Canadian and US members of the CFLPA, since the allocation of the two caps would become subject to collective bargaining rather than being at the discretion of individual GMs.

Crash

That would be great for the league, and bad for the players, as it would drive a deeper wedge between the Canadian and US members of the CFLPA, since the allocation of the two caps would become subject to collective bargaining rather than being at the discretion of individual GMs.
Unless the GMs want something in place to keep from Canadian salaries from getting out of hand while hurting their ability to keep their top US born players.

It seems everyone involved wants more player continuity.

Espo

Unless the GMs want something in place to keep from Canadian salaries from getting out of hand while hurting their ability to keep their top US born players.

It seems everyone involved wants more player continuity.
Was trying to type out something similar Crash, but then thought on QBs a bit, and unless there's a franchise tag for QBs (or players w over 5 years w a team...  something?) the dual cap kinda goes out the window for me.  

Crash

Why? Take the average QB salary and incorporate it into the US cap?

Users Online

91 Guests, 10 Users (18 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Onemoredork, Garney 26, TravelPat1, raymarkca, Grover, Iconic SR, FootbalYouBet, MadJack, DisplacedCatsFan, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (13), Alexa

Most Online Today: 162. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)