Crash

Dump on the O-line, the play calls, on Zach and the receivers if you like, but if they are sitting on the side-lines for 40 minutes, it is awfully hard to score.
Neither defense nor offense is doing their part on this team.  If Zach was doing the job for which he is top-paid to do, the defense wouldn't be on the field so much.  If the Ticats utilized a production run game, this would go far in achieving 1st downs while chewing up the clock and allowing the defense time to breathe on the sidelines.  Works both ways.  Simply put, Kent's unwavering loyalty to this QB is a heavy burden that is unlikely to resolve itself unless the player picks up his game and fast.
That's why it's a TEAM. They lost 60-1. If the D played better we get smoked.... if the Offense played better we get smoked. 

CatsFaninOttawa

He said that the HC is an offensive guy....
Were those his actual words? Interesting double entendre.

Count Floyd

He said that the HC is an offensive guy....
Were those his actual words? Interesting double entendre.
Lmao.  Yes, those were his exact words.  A tiny bit of inflection makes a huge difference.

bobo82

Here's an update on this topic from Drew over at 3DN . Reinebold slams disloyalty........Sounds like a  mixture of either pure dysfunctional Fugly-ness in the Cat organisation or a rather bad case of sour grapes from an ex employee who was just fired . Or if you like perhaps a little bit of both depending on what you read into it. :-\

Here's the article here . Decide for yourself :  http://3downnation.com/2017/08/10/jeff-reinebold-unlikely-stay-ticats-slams-disloyality/
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Habsfan

JR was a scape goat.  The defense was a sinking ship last season due to lack of talent and now they are fully under water with even less talent than last season.  That's the was she goes though in pro sports

schmenger

Reinebold was not a scapegoat by any stretch of the imagination. Yes there are holes in the defence that need to fixed. However playing soft on second down is a "gift"to the other team. I have lost all respect for the man when he can't leave the team with some class. At best Jeff is a average special teams coach. As defensive coordinator, his schemes were soft and unimaginative. The positive is Jeff understands how to connect with the players and that in my opinion is huge. Other than that, next man up.   

Onemoredork

A second hand sourced interview with a big story on your own beat.

Nice work if you can get it. 

Awesome job Drew Edwards 

Grover

CFL News‏ 
@CFL_News
  15m15 minutes ago
More

"We don't have coaches that undermine other coaches on this staff" - Kent Austin on Jeff Reinebold's comments #CFL #Ticats via @Ticats

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

my home team

Here's an update on this topic from Drew over at 3DN . Reinebold slams disloyalty........Sounds like a  mixture of either pure dysfunctional Fugly-ness in the Cat organisation or a rather bad case of sour grapes from an ex employee who was just fired . Or if you like perhaps a little bit of both depending on what you read into it. :-\

Here's the article here . Decide for yourself :  http://3downnation.com/2017/08/10/jeff-reinebold-unlikely-stay-ticats-slams-disloyality/
And how much is loyalty supposed to allow you??
Professional sports is a results oriented business. As such, loyalty is limited.
Recently, on one particular play, the other team was second and 21. Instead, of going for the jugular, Reinebold went for a 3 man dline and the opponent completed a 26 yard pass. The quarterback had way too much time.
I guess the Als fans were right when Jeff was moved to DC here. And he only lasted one season as their co-ordinator.
The vast majority of his career in the league was spent as a ST lead. He's only had the two jobs as a DC.
Rather than criticizing his employer, perhaps Jeff Reinebold should get more schooling on defense.

Crash

Drew is doing a great job stirring the pot. 

Lennywasout

He didn't do the interview....he only reports what was posted by Sky.
Stop giving Drew such a hard time....you do the job of unbiased reporting.  I has to be tough.  

stevehvh

I have no problem with a journalist stirring the pot. That's part of his job, to see what there might be under the rocks he's trying to kick over. Drew isn't a flack for the team. Kent Austin has been around, he knows that. He dealt with the issue very capably and appropriately in his presser. Ditto the Hill issue.

I like Jeff R. And it sounds like the players liked playing for him. It was good of the team to offer him another spot. No way he should take it: what's done is done. As another poster said, "next man up."
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

tabbiefanmcb

You always have to be leery of a fired employee's take on the situation.  He did seem to insinuate that Lolley may have been after his job.  He said that the HC is an offensive guy, so he wouldn't make changes on that side of the ball.  I don't think that's true.  The offense has improved, the defence has only shown marginal improvement at best.

His comment that there was no discussion of what he was doing wrong before he was let go is disingenuous, imo.  It tells me that Austin had complete trust in him running the defence, so he let Reinebold do it as he thought best.  If Jeff couldn't see that we couldn't stop the opposition on key drives, or make adjustments to prevent the ridiculous yardage & points we gave up, then he was the wrong guy to be our DC.

I totally agree.  His comments so soon after being let go are going to try to justify why he shouldn't have been the *scapegoat*. And while the offense certainly has had it`s share of problems, it is hard to put up points when they are hardly ever on the field because the defense can`t get a stop. (Yes I know that they needed to sustain drives)  
Reinebold`s defense when in Montreal wasn't all that great but I had hopes that he wouldn't tinker with Steinhauer`s system too much.  Sounds to me like me made it too complicated especially given that the team had to start so many new and rookie players with Davis, Kanneh and Butler - all projected starters - unable to begin the season due to injury.  The first game or so it seemed like the players were getting worn out from all of the constant substitution, especially on the DL!  I`ll be interested to see how the D responds to Lolley`s approach to simplify things.

Onemoredork

He didn't do the interview....he only reports what was posted by Sky.
Stop giving Drew such a hard time....you do the job of unbiased reporting.  I has to be tough.  
Exactly - he didnt do the interview. The biggest recent story on HIS beat and he needs a second hand source for Reinbold's reaction then HE tries to turn into click bait for HIS reports. Then unashamedly continues to recycle it for TSN.
Maybe if he was respected as a football reporter by the team, which he obviously isnt , he could have got an interview with Reinbold and got his own insight , which would be more intimate since he "covers" the team, perhaps a different one and relayed that to readers.

With the exception of maybe BC papers HAM fans are the most uninformed for information beyond the ordinary on their team in the league thanks to Edwards. This is yet another example of HAM fans having to learn things from somewhere else.

ExPat

Exactly - he didnt do the interview. The biggest recent story on HIS beat and he needs a second hand source for Reinbold's reaction then HE tries to turn into click bait for HIS reports. Then unashamedly continues to recycle it for TSN.
Maybe if he was respected as a football reporter by the team, which he obviously isnt , he could have got an interview with Reinbold and got his own insight , which would be more intimate since he "covers" the team, perhaps a different one and relayed that to readers.

With the exception of maybe BC papers HAM fans are the most uninformed for information beyond the ordinary on their team in the league thanks to Edwards. This is yet another example of HAM fans having to learn things from somewhere else.
Wow - didn't take you long to get back into your groove.

Another possibility:  Reinebold didn't give any interviews to anyone, which would not be surprising given that he just got fired and still had a decision to make, and only spoke on the podcast because that's a regular gig he wants to maintain.

Users Online

63 Guests, 3 Users (12 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ed ohmnes, Sidney, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)