Grover

Ticats set to shuffle coaching staff
Posted on August 7, 2017 by Drew Edwards // 0 Comments
The Ticats are set to shuffle their coaching staff, including a change at defensive coordinator.
Defensive coordinator Jeff Reinebold, who has been with head coach Kent Austin for his entire four-plus seasons in Hamilton, will be replaced by linebackers coach Phillip Lolley.
Reinebold took over the defence this season after spending four years as special teams coordinator but his unit has struggled so far this season. They are last in the CFL in points allowed (39.0 per game), net offence allowed (460 yards) and yards per play (7.5) among others. The Ticats are 0-6 on the season
Reinebold may with remain with the club in some capacity, including working with new assistant head coach June Jones.

Lolley, joined the Ticats this season after spending three years with Chris Jones in both Saskatchewan and Edmonton. Before coming to the CFL, the 63-year-old Alabama native spent more than a decade with the Auburn Tigers of the NCAA as both a defensive coach and front office staff member.
http://3downnation.com/2017/08/07/ticats-set-shuffle-coaching-staff/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Grover

Personally I would rather have seen Dennis McPhee promoted to DC

cats99

McGee would be a shoe in as he paid his dues in the CFL
Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

Grover

"Reinebold may remain with the club in some capacity, including working with new assistant head coach June Jones."

So Reinebold may be the Assistant to the Assistant Head Coach?  :o :o :o

Lennywasout

I hope the Cats keep Reinbold and he decides to stay.  Just remember the mess last year under Orlando.  Would it have been any better with him this year?  Not likely.  Injuries and lack of quality assessment and recruitment is what I believe is really hurting this team.  There has to be better GM's available.Next man up is not ready or capable on this team.  

bobo82

"Reinebold may remain with the club in some capacity, including working with new assistant head coach June Jones."

So Reinebold may be the Assistant to the Assistant Head Coach?  :o :o :o
Soooo I guess that means that he would be getting the coffee to give to Jones that Jones would be then giving to Austin ? ???
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

cats99

"Reinebold may remain with the club in some capacity, including working with new assistant head coach June Jones."

So Reinebold may be the Assistant to the Assistant Head Coach?  :o :o :o

What a joke player wise they penny pinch salary dump and adhere to a Cap, well now look how top heavy this organization is now why are they not getting rid of Patazak and Reinebold or move him back to Special teams and cut that coach ?!$ Bob how many Coaches do you need $$$

15_championships

Reinebold just sent a goodbye tweet to his players I highly doubt hes staying

of course

Everybody loves Reinbold, but this is a move I saw coming a few weeks back.  We have all star players in our front 7 who have been invisible (think Simoni, Dean, Chick, and when he is actually allowed to play, Tracy).  These guys should be all over the opposing QB's.  Reinbold was not using the players properly.  Add to that the constant rotation of DB's in and out of positions on a weekly basis (why wasn't all this determined in training camp?), the last drive, collossal defensive collapse in the first Edmonton game, and the joke of a cushion the DB's were constantly giving Reilly and his receivers in the last Edmonton game, and this move had to be made.  This firing should light a fire under a lot of players, who probably thought Reinbold was untouchable, and who are probably now thinking that they could be next if they mail it in vs Winnipeg in the next, must-win game.

Grover

TIME TO SAY ALOHA - TO EVERY PLAYER WHO GAVE SO MUCH... I LOVE YOU....LIKE WE TALKED ABOUT AFTER THE EE GAME - YOU WILL WIN BECAUSE OF THE  KIND OF MEN YOU ARE - IT WAS A BLAST WATCHING YOU GROW....TO EVERY @TiCats WHO CHEERED SO LOUD MAHALO FOR AN AMAZING 5 YEARS....MR YOUNG, SCOTT MITCHELL & ALL THE FRONT OFFICE PEOPLE WHO MADE THIS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK MAHALO & KEEP WINNING!

Lennywasout

Wish they'd have put him back to ST...they were much better under him.  

Crash

Reports now coming out that Jeff has been fired.

cats99

, “a hui hou”, usually used to bid farewell when leaving.

ExPat

It's a shame they didn't leave him at ST coordinator where he was clearly excelling.

Of course the tragedy of the situation is lessened considerably by the fact that coaches get their full contracts paid out, and having just signed on to a new role this season, JR probably gets paid for the next couple of years for not working, if that's what he chooses.  And he seems like the kind of guy that would do something fun, like take a motorcycle trip through South America.

canadianfootballfan

Agreed.  Much more CFL experience.  The guy has been with the Ticats on and off since the friggin 90's.

Users Online

108 Guests, 24 Users (17 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Hamilton2005, joe, TravelPat1, Lucas Bellemare, alphamale111, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Lennywasout, Sidney, of course, Dr.Whiskey, RedandWhite, Mightygoose, GernB, thirdnlong, FootbalYouBet, -Hammer-, Slomojo2005, letsgoticats, The Last Word, smokeystover, Lyle B. Style, Yahoo!, Google (16)

Most Online Today: 161. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)