TeddyFay

It's odd how often in pro football we see a coach who is clearly excellent in a particular role take on a bigger position and fail, repeatedly.  Maybe it's the lure of more money, I don't know. But Reinebold was excellent as a special teams coach after having been a head coach in the league.  

Good luck to him!
It's called the Peter Principal.  People rise to the level of incompetence

my home team

Watching him on the sidelines coach and cheer on his players was a treat.

His magic with the special teams educated me and provided a new appreciation for their efforts.

Saw him playing catch with the fans a few times before some games.

Jeff, I hope you stay with the team.

As a coach, more importantly, as a person you're first class.

Mark

It's odd how often in pro football we see a coach who is clearly excellent in a particular role take on a bigger position and fail, repeatedly.  Maybe it's the lure of more money, I don't know. But Reinebold was excellent as a special teams coach after having been a head coach in the league.  

Good luck to him!
Also re-stated by Dr. Lawrence Peter (the creator of the principal) in this way, "The cream rises until it sours."  I think it's happened to ME in the past.

Tipper

8)  Just reported by Drew, that Reinebold  has decided NOT to stay with the organization, and is going back to Hawaii for
      a holiday !!   

Can't remember if he signed a new 1 or 2 yr. contract to be the DC of the Cats, but he will obviously get his full pay
      for the duration, or he has reached a settlement with the team on the  remaining time left on his contract !!

my home team

Good luck to him!
Also re-stated by Dr. Lawrence Peter (the creator of the principal) in this way, "The cream rises until it sours."  I think it's happened to ME in the past.

There is no shame with Jeff's outcome in Hamilton.

As I heard someone say recently "you succeed or you learn"

ottawacat

Look I like Coach Reinebold, he is an outstanding man

But, you cannot overlook this

"Under Reinebold’s direction. They are last in the CFL in points allowed (39.0 per game), net offence allowed (460 yards) and yards per play (7.5) and have given up 30 points or more in every game this season. The team is winless and coming off a two-game West Division road trip that included a 60-1 loss at the hands of the Calgary Stampeders."
In the same report, from which you quoted here, Grover, Scott Mitchell is quoted as say "Jeff is an outstanding coach and a terrific person."  http://3downnation.com/2017/08/07/jeff-reinebold-ticats-dc-future-club-unclear/
Strange how "you cannot overlook" those 4 defensive stats, but somebody, other than Mitchell we'd have to assume, in a position of power in the TiCat organization, can overlook these 2017 Tiger-Cat team stats:
Last in the league in:
- Avg. offensive pts. per game
- Offensive TDs
- Passing yds.
- Passing TDs
- Avg. gain per pass
- Completion %
- Number of pass completions
- Passing efficiency
- Quarterback rating
- Net offence
- Plays from scrimmage
- Yds. gained per play
- Number of 1st downs.
- Time of possession
The Cats are also 2nd last in the league in Rushing yds. and Rushing TDS.

my home team

"Under Reinebold’s direction. They are last in the CFL in points allowed (39.0 per game), net offence allowed (460 yards) and yards per play (7.5) and have given up 30 points or more in every game this season. The team is winless and coming off a two-game West Division road trip that included a 60-1 loss at the hands of the Calgary Stampeders."
In the same report, from which you quoted here, Grover, Scott Mitchell is quoted as say "Jeff is an outstanding coach and a terrific person."  http://3downnation.com/2017/08/07/jeff-reinebold-ticats-dc-future-club-unclear/
Strange how "you cannot overlook" those 4 defensive stats, but somebody, other than Mitchell we'd have to assume, in a position of power in the TiCat organization, can overlook these 2017 Tiger-Cat team stats:
Last in the league in:
- Offensive TDs
- Passing yds.
- Passing TDs
- Avg. gain per pass
- Completion %
- Passing efficiency
- Quarterback rating
- Net offence
- Plays from scrimmage
- Yds. gained per play
- Number of 1st downs.
- Time of possession
Tiger cats are not just deficient defensively. They need help in a number of areas.
Although, it looks like the offense is coming around. Perhaps, the recent acquisitions of some Olinemen might help further.

bobo82

Well it looks like it's almost basically a done deal according to Drew over at 3DN . Apparently Jeff has jumped on his surf board and is heading back home to Hawaii .

http://3downnation.com/2017/08/08/former-ticats-dc-jeff-reinebold-says-hes-headed-home/
8)

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Grover

In the same report, from which you quoted here, Grover, Scott Mitchell is quoted as say "Jeff is an outstanding coach and a terrific person."  http://3downnation.com/2017/08/07/jeff-reinebold-ticats-dc-future-club-unclear/
Last in the league in:
- Offensive TDs
- Passing yds.
- Passing TDs
- Avg. gain per pass
- Completion %
- Passing efficiency
- Quarterback rating
- Net offence
- Plays from scrimmage
- Yds. gained per play
- Number of 1st downs.
- Time of possession
I hear you Ottawa Cat, It seems special teams is the only part of this team that is half ways respectable, outside of that one kick return for a TD at CGY. ???
Probably a reason why Reinebold isn't given back his ST Coaching position

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

ottawacat

While not a fan of the changes that have been made, this one did interest me:

Not all reports we read are true.  And, that one, I see now, has been changed.  Or, at least, one key word has been:

http://3downnation.com/2017/08/08/ticats-make-lollley-dc-official-notes-practice/

ottawacat

Not all reports we read are true.  And, that one, I see now, has been changed.  Or, at least, one key word has been:

http://3downnation.com/2017/08/08/ticats-make-lollley-dc-official-notes-practice/
My intended second line the previous post, did come copy as planned.  It was:
"Despite all the changes the most unusual thing about TiCat practice today was that Kent Austin wore his head backward for much of it."

TeddyFay

"Despite all the changes the most unusual thing about TiCat practice today was that Kent Austin wore his head backward for much of it."
Which way was his hat facing?

Tipper

Which way was his hat facing?

8) Good one Teddy  LOL.   

Espo

Good luck to him!
was he?  or was Banks just like reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally good up until this year?
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

Grover

Good luck to him!
was he?  or was Banks just like reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally good up until this year?

There was much much more to Reinebold's special teams than Banks, although he helped a lot.
Onside punts, punt blocks, etc., and getting his squad to play hard for him were his best qualities

Users Online

60 Guests, 4 Users (8 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Sidney, cheater, Mightygoose, Google (7), Baidu

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)