TeddyFay

Can someone help Rod Black make a decision?

CatsFaninOttawa

It's easy. It's the red (stop) zone when the Ticats have the ball, and the green (go) zone when teams playing the Ticats have the ball. Seems that way this year, anyway.

And of course, there's also his "score zone" for when he can't decide which colour to use.

150GAGE

Why are we making this sooo complicated.  
Its the red zone, period.

Palmer

Why are we making this sooo complicated.  
Its the red zone, period.
Sure, ‘red’ for alert, both offence and defence.  Like the old red dog defence.

Beam reach

Red Green Section ...
   Could be right beside the Family Section
        {My perception of thread title}

DisplacedCatsFan

Red Green Section ...
   Could be right beside the Family Section
        {My perception of thread title}
...And it's marked out on the field with duct tape...
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

TheCrazyCatLady

Rod Black annoys me so much. I always poke fun at him doing this though and have jokingly called it other colours when watching the game.

The funniest is when he tries to act like he didn’t make something up. “Ticats are now in the Red Zone - or as some call it, the Green Zone”. 

He does this with nicknames for players too. It’s just how Rod Black is. 

safetyblitz

Even though the name "red zone" was largely arbitrary, the connotation of alertness, criticality, danger (to the defense) seems reasonable.

The football usage had been around for at least a decade before Tom Coughlin decided to try and be clever and apply a "traffic light" metaphor and rationalize that "red means stop, green means go, so from the offensive point of view, it's the 'green' zone". Coughlin's usage ignores the fact that when you apply a go/stop interpretation to the meaning of green/red, the area outside the 20 is just as "green" as the area inside the 20, rendering the supposed connotation of the color meaningless.

Oskie18

It's nothing some duct tape over his mouth wont fix.
Formerly Oskie09 and jlshooter

Krisiun

It's nothing some duct tape over his mouth wont fix.
I often wonder during a telecast whether Rod Black's style or delivery keeps NFL fans from taking the CFL seriously. They get to listen to Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth and we get Rod Black. ;D

habcat

Luke Taskers father was probowler Steve, you know! sheesh!

The idiot Black is trying to start Green zone it's not working as he is the only one that calls it Green zone and not the red zone!

Count Floyd

You know it's the bye week when we start parsing the merits of "the red zone" vs. "the green zone", lol

bobo82

You know it's the bye week when we start parsing the merits of "the red zone" vs. "the green zone", lol
LOL . Yup , just call it the "Twilight Zone" featuring Rod "Black" Serling...or God forbid "the Black zone"
:o

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Users Online

98 Guests, 15 Users (14 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
alsfan86, OskeeweeneeVI, KevinRiley2, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Cujo, rshmglsky, Balticfox, prairiewolf77, of course, mike619, Kooblahdee, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (10)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)