mycko75

As a matter of fact Johnny you might just be the "Greatest" clipboard carrier in the history of the CFL . :P

I think Cody Ledbetter may have something to say about that.
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

bobo82

As a matter of fact Johnny you might just be the "Greatest" clipboard carrier in the history of the CFL . :P

LOL !!! Yikes , who could ever forget the late "Not so Great" Cody Ledbetter . It's rather ironic that in a thread about who our back-up QB might be this season that his name would come up . I know it was a long time ago BUT it's hard to believe that the last time this team actually won the Grey Cup our number two go to guy behind McManus was this slug of a quarterback . :o

Ledbetter ended up being a true dyed in the wool felon and convict .
Sadly it didn't end well for Ledbetter who ended up committing suicide in 2015 .

https://www.thespec.com/sports-story/5831351-former-ticat-quarterback-cody-ledbetter-found-dead-in-texas/
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

-Hammer-

cant wait for Johnny to light up the haters
LMAO !!! Can't wait for Johnny Who ?? Early off season prediction here BUT I predict that Johnny will walk away with the  MOC award in 2018 .

Yup , and the winner of this year's Most Outstanding Clipboard carrier award is Johnny "Ima da Best Ever" Manziel . Come on up and get yer trophy Johnny (insert clapping here) congratulations to ya son (insert thumbs up here) in all the years that this league has been around No one and we mean absolutely No one has ever carried a clipboard better than you.(insert more applause and hand clapping here)

Sure to be the hot ticket item sold and worn at THF next season . Order yours today , supplies limited.

And this just in , here is the latest from Johnny about how serious he is about his comeback in the CFL.

That's not fair

The team uses tablets now a days.

bobo82

LOL !!! Fair enough , Johnny has a lot of experience with tablets . Either that or he was trying to cure his hangover .  ;D

Killer91

LOL !!! Yikes , who could ever forget the late "Not so Great" Cody Ledbetter . It's rather ironic that in a thread about who our back-up QB might be this season that his name would come up . I know it was a long time ago BUT it's hard to believe that the last time this team actually won the Grey Cup our number two go to guy behind McManus was this slug of a quarterback . :o

Ledbetter ended up being a true dyed in the wool felon and convict .
Sadly it didn't end well for Ledbetter who ended up committing suicide in 2015 .

https://www.thespec.com/sports-story/5831351-former-ticat-quarterback-cody-ledbetter-found-dead-in-texas/
I miss the cries of "Leadbetter Warm Up!" in Box J everytime McManus threw an interception!  Sad end to his life.

Espo

I miss the cries of "Leadbetter Warm Up!" in Box J everytime McManus threw an interception!  Sad end to his life.

HEY!  McManus never threw an interception in his life!  Just completions to the other team lol

RIP to Cody, hope he found his peace.  

Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

of course

Masoli and Manziel are basically carbon copies of each other, QB-style-wise (strong arms, creative, mobile, elusive in the pocket, the ability to make something out of nothing).  That's why I think we will sign Manziel, and not trade him to Montreal.

I can also see us bringing in a third, raw, rookie American QB who fits the same mould as Masoli and Manziel (kind of like a young Tracy Ham).  I think the fourth stringer they brought in last year was a bigger guy, pocket passer-type.  Can't see him fitting in the run and shoot.

ThomasE

Please correct me if I am wrong, but do we not have to commit to either signing, trading, or releasing Manziel's rights by Sunday January 7th?

Grover

Please correct me if I am wrong, but do we not have to commit to either signing, trading, or releasing Manziel's rights by Sunday January 7th?
You are correct, And personally, I can't wait.
Get this over with as soon as possible so it will be old news by Training camp!

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Slomojo2005

On the 7th day of January my true love gave to me
A Manziel in a Tiger Cat cleat
On the 8th day of January my true love gave to me
1 Speedy Banks
1 Masoli QB
6 other free agent signings
And a Manziel in a Tiger Cat cleat

blackandgld

I think the terminology is the team has to offer a contract to Manziel by Sunday. I don't think he has to be signed.

Grover

I think the terminology is the team has to offer a contract to Manziel by Sunday. I don't think he has to be signed.
This is more correct! Thankyou b&g!  8)

2ez

On the 7th day of January my true love gave to me
A Manziel in a Tiger Cat cleat
On the 8th day of January my true love gave to me
1 Speedy Banks
1 Masoli QB
6 other free agent signings
And a Manziel in a Tiger Cat cleat
l laughed lmao that took some effort ...

I agree with what Of Course said, Manziel is very similar to Masoli and now that they've got some big signings out of the way and took care of the Collaros situation, I think Johnny Backup is all but a guarantee next year. 

Masoli has had his own checkered past - although some of it fabricated, ever notice how he says as little as possible to the media? Look into it - but maybe he can be a good influence on Manziel and demonstrate how to be a real pro. I think people overlook that Masoli is 29, he's not a young pup anymore and arrived in Hamilton right around the same age as Manziel. 

Last words I want to hear though are "Quarterback competition" in camp ... competition is great but only when it's earned, and right now Masoli earned the right to be the starter until further notice. 

Onemoredork

Manziel's not coming here if he's not getting a legit shot at reestablishing himself as a player. Team wouldnt have brought him here for the same reason.

Masoli lovers and /or Manziel haters need to prepare themselves for this.

Espo

Manziel's not coming here if he's not getting a legit shot at reestablishing himself as a player. Team wouldnt have brought him here for the same reason.

Masoli lovers and /or Manziel haters need to prepare themselves for this.
I don't believe this to be true.  Despite his history, I believe Manziel is actually quite smart, and very calculating.

A: Making the assumption that the NFL is his ultimate goal we have to also assume that if there were any offers to play in the NFL right now, he'd already have taken them.  

B:  The team holds all the cards when it comes to his CFL career.  

C:  His best chance to play in the NFL again is to play in the CFL and to play well as there really isn't another way to showcase his abilities anymore.  

D:  The CFL is a silly silly place sometimes, we have to assume that his best chance of playing well, is taking some time to learn the game and learn his team.   ie clipboard duty behind Masoli.  

A,B,&C are all true.   He's still young enough that he should still be an attractive option to NFL teams in 2-4 years.  D should be a very easy argument to sell.   

Users Online

70 Guests, 11 Users (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Niagara Als, Reggiemac, SeaFiddle, ExPat, of course, MrLucky, Mightygoose, Lennywasout, letsgoticats, cividan, RedandWhite, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 141. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)