of course

Coaching wise, Jones and Lolley have been difference makers.

Player wise, the following Ticats stood out to me:

-Aultman...very solid KR
-Masoli...the team rallies around him
-Banks...has found a home at WR
-Tasker...more great, clutch catches
-Gable...finally being utilized properly...ran like a man possessed
-Washington and Matthews...we've finally found our starting tackles
-Capicciotti...very effective Canadian DL
-Coleman...defensive MVP
-Whitlock...exciting addition
-Dean and Lawrence...finally playing up to potential under Lolley
-Leonard...rookie of the year

We've got a winnable schedule ahead, and a lot of great players (Fantuz, Laurent, Ricky Collins, Kanneh, that new KR) who could be inserted into the lineup soon to help us win.  Things are looking good.

TeddyFay

A well refereed game.  Both challenges were justified.   Other than the miss on the Ellingson catch, they did a good job.  Certainly not the chaos that follows Mr. Proulx around.

PatLynch

We have a running game !  We have 2 experienced quarterbacks who are healthy . Life is good ! :) :) :)

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

ottawacat

The way this group is appreciating and playing for June Jones is looking somewhat like the mid 80's teams under Al Bruno.  Although, we haven't seen June go after any officials yet.

cats99

Redemption for Speedy how many posters here were crying for his head! He is done ! Get out of town !
New role same guy!
Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

tcmike

Redemption for Speedy how many posters here were crying for his head! He is done ! Get out of town !
New role same guy!
I have been saying for a few seasons that we have good players that are not being used properly. Many here feel they should be shown the door without understanding that they have strengths that Austin ignored. He had a Championship level team that was being under used and under valued. His stubbornness is what held this team back. This is another reason we saw talented player leave and flourish elsewhere.
Best Game\'s ever. 1986 game 2 Ticat Argo Home and Home East final series and 1998 Eastern Final Hamilton VS Montreal.

cats99

New role same guy!
I have been saying for a few seasons that we have good players that are not being used properly. Many here feel they should be shown the door without understanding that they have strengths that Austin ignored. He had a Championship level team that was being under used and under valued. His stubbornness is what held this team back. This is another reason we saw talented player leave and flourish elsewhere.
I am sure some of our Ex players thought the same and left because of the "Dictator ?!" E Davis quote 

Palmer

..........Plus, I am tired of all the posters who assume that it everyone elses problem, and not Zachs, that he has had a sub-par year.

I readily admit that Zach is the better QB, but I also am willing  to admit that he has not been able to show those skills on the field since last year.
Palmer: You still don't get it. For the umpteenth time..... we have yet to see how Zach responds to Jones.
Zach was not calling all the plays and designing the offence. Or committing stupid penalties. He got very little protection and lousy, predictable plays to run.  Despite that he still managed to scramble and find receivers.  
You could say the same thing about the O-line too. There had not been much in the way of skills there until Jones showed up. Same applies to the whole defence. The whole team has had a "sub-par year".

The sensible thing to do is withold judgement on Zach until that happens, rather than slag him ahead of time.
Sure, but we never got to see Jeremiah under the former system did we, excepting a little under one quarter of play in an already lost game?  So we really can't compare that way either.  And I agree with all you say, the staff and team were (maybe even are) playing sub-par football.  Is it really so hard to include Zach in that assessment as opposed to continuously looking for excuses?  That's all I'm saying.

And for the record, I'm a fan of Zach Collaros and sincerely hope that he is able to get himself together, stay in Hamilton, and return to his performance levels of of 2015.  I'd be more than happy to see him back in the huddle, playing well, and ideally leading the Cats to a Grey Cup.

Crash

Sure, but we never got to see Jeremiah under the former system did we, excepting a little under one quarter of play in an already lost game?  So we really can't compare that way either.  And I agree with all you say, the staff and team were (maybe even are) playing sub-par football.  Is it really so hard to include Zach in that assessment as opposed to continuously looking for excuses?  That's all I'm saying.

And for the record, I'm a fan of Zach Collaros and sincerely hope that he is able to get himself together, stay in Hamilton, and return to his performance levels of of 2015.  I'd be more than happy to see him back in the huddle, playing well, and ideally leading the Cats to a Grey Cup.
Zach has earned the shot to see what he can do in this offense. Masoli didn't earn the right to show it in the first 8 games. Where? How? Zach has shown he can be an elite level, MOP candidate QB. He will continue getting shots until everybody has made up their mind that he can't play. i.e. Casey Printers.

Masoli on the other hand has shown flashes of greatness, and flashes of being brutal with way too many turnovers.

At this point in time you ride the hot hand because football is a momentum/team sport. I don't think anybody is suggesting Zach start the next game but lets not fool ourselves into thinking that JM has been Bo Levi or Mike Reilly, hes been game manager at best and done a very good job leading the team to 2 straight wins. The fact remains that we don't know that Zach wont come out and throw 350 and 4 tds in the same system. And yes, he's earned the right to show everybody.

I won't be satisfied turning the team over to JM long term as long as he's throwing under 60% with few TDs, sub 300 yards and running for 50 or so yards. Winning under those conditions isn't sustainable.

Onemoredork

Prior to labour day, for various reasons,  the team was ridiculously easy to figure out.

Cats now  have an advantage with the systems change as teams arent quite sure how to prepare as before. Obviously the more they play the more knowledgeable the opposition gets so the litmus test lies there.

All East teams are beatable because they all suck at various levels so team has to show something against teams that dont like WPG and BC for example to prove the team is really on to something or its all just short term and circumstantial.

Until then the jury is still out, way out.

HfxTC

Remarkable turnaround. Masoli and Gable rushed for over 150 yards... Teams win when they can run the ball like that. They are fun to watch. When you factor two games against Montreal. With a bit of luck this team could make a run and prevent a Western crossover.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

Zach has earned the shot to see what he can do in this offense. Masoli didn't earn the right to show it in the first 8 games. Where? How? Zach has shown he can be an elite level, MOP candidate QB. He will continue getting shots until everybody has made up their mind that he can't play. i.e. Casey Printers.

Masoli on the other hand has shown flashes of greatness, and flashes of being brutal with way too many turnovers.

At this point in time you ride the hot hand because football is a momentum/team sport. I don't think anybody is suggesting Zach start the next game but lets not fool ourselves into thinking that JM has been Bo Levi or Mike Reilly, hes been game manager at best and done a very good job leading the team to 2 straight wins. The fact remains that we don't know that Zach wont come out and throw 350 and 4 tds in the same system. And yes, he's earned the right to show everybody.

I won't be satisfied turning the team over to JM long term as long as he's throwing under 60% with few TDs, sub 300 yards and running for 50 or so yards. Winning under those conditions isn't sustainable.
So by your own logic. Masoli should have the right to lose 11 in a row before losing his job.

kfan

Onemore:

I agree 100%, for all that will get you.

The test will be next game, Riders.  3rd game, more tape,  western (albeit lower level) team
Be who you are
Say what you feel
Those that matter don\'t mind
Those that mind don\'t matter

Onemoredork

There will be another cross over. 

It is down to four crummy teams, at various levels of crumminess

Vying for two playoff spots.

The road is open. 

Who improves,  who tanks ?

In that way it makes the East interesting

tabbiefanmcb

I won't be satisfied turning the team over to JM long term as long as he's throwing under 60% with few TDs, sub 300 yards and running for 50 or so yards. Winning under those conditions isn't sustainable.
Well said Crash!I agree completely.  Masoli has more experience in the type of offense that Jones runs which is why Jones wanted him to start and so far he's been successful.  However Zach IMO has more upside and as you suggest should be given a chance to run this offense under the same conditions.  There have been a couple of changes on the OL which has helped and some shifting of receivers too - all to Masoli's benefit.  Collaros deserves the same opportunity.

Users Online

144 Guests, 10 Users (16 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Slomojo2005, Grover, bobo82, drummer_god, Lennywasout, rockfish, Niagara Als, Yahoo!, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)