SilverSurfer

All marketing BS from the spin masters of the CFL to keep the top performing teams of the regular season in place no matter how they finished the year or who won the Grey Cup or who now has made the most improvements as a team prior to the start of a new season.

It always seem to be the tradition of whoever won the Grey Cup was the top team and the team to beat coming into the new season no matter who finished in which place the year before. Forget all the computer models and marketing BS it all comes down to performance on the field come game time.

We need a strong performance from the Tiger-Cats this year!

I would say it's more like the following:

Toronto
Calgary
Edmonton
Ottawa
Saskatchewan 
Winnipeg
Hamilton
BC
Montreal

bobo82

We need a strong performance from the Tiger-Cats this year!

I would say it's more like the following:

Toronto
Calgary
Edmonton
Ottawa
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Hamilton
BC
Montreal
I would say it's more like the following: 8)  :)

Hamilton
Hamilton
Hamilton
Hamilton
Hamilton
Hamilton
Hamilton
Hamilton
Hamilton

In all seriousness the last time I looked it was the 2nd week of March aka the off season . No teams have played any games yet . Every team as of this date has not won or lost a game this season . Everyone is a perfect 0-0 . T.Camp is still 2 months away . Nobody has drafted anyone yet . Not one team has declared or set their roster yet . No team has suffered any significant injuries to key members of their roster yet . The last time I looked not one HC has been fired or is even close to being fired yet . I could go on and on but I think everybody gets the picture here .

Long story short in a nutshell.......these off season so called Power Rankings mean absolutely SFA and should be looked at in that way , with a rather large grain of salt . Basically until the real bullets start flying and the 2018 season officially opens on June 14 (June 16 for us ) all this P-Ranking stuff is just off season posturing and filler just to take up space on a page by a bored football reporter with too much time on his hands until the REAL season starts . In other words.....Move along people , nothing to see here , nothing to get excited or upset about because in the end it all means NOTHING .  ;D
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Slomojo2005

The Ranking is pure nonsense.  Letz put into perspective.  Last year before season start, TiCats were ranked 1 or 2 and were slatted for a Grey Cup appearance by many so called “football” experts.  
Nobody knew that Collaros wasn't going to be back to his previous level. And nobody knew that Toliver would get injured on the first play of the first game and be out for the season.

But yeah, the rest of the team didn't live up to expectations either. Fingers crossed that they got it wrong again, the other way of course.
You may be correct on what you say, Slomojo2005, about last year's prior-to-season rankings.  However, at some point -- either going into, during, or right after the Pre-Season, we were ranked 5th.  When the Regular Season started, we were 8th for 2 weeks, then 9th in Week 3, 8th for 2 more weeks, then came our peak --  6th for Weeks 14, 15 & 16. Then it was back to 8th for a week, and we finished up with 3 straight weeks @ #7.  I'd say that was a pretty fair season of rankings for the TiCats and how they performed.  And, I don't disagree with our placing in this first ranking for 2018.

You can see a review of last year's week-by-week rankings by scrolling down in this link:
https://www.cfl.ca/2017/11/07/argos-rise-final-nissan-titan-power-rankings/
Yep I understand.  I was just trying to say that at this time. so far from season start, a powerranking is totally useless.  All it does is give someone (who likes hearing themselves, or has to bring something up for a paycheeue) a vehicle for discussion because, itz purely one person’s perspective and is full of bull-feathers.  But yes as we get closer to season start and into season, the rankings will take better shape.

Grover

Here is a 3downnation power rankings, I agree with this one more!
Puts us 2nd in the East

http://3downnation.com/2018/03/20/cfl-power-rankings-eskimos-squeak-top-spot/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Users Online

88 Guests, 11 Users (11 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, Oskie18, Hamilton2005, Cool, Grover, Mightygoose, J_15, Reggiemac, of course, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 152. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)