Beam reach

Next two games against the first and second place teams of the Western Conference.....Good luck ...

stevehvh

Next two games against the first and second place teams of the Western Conference.....Good luck ...

Exactly. And while we do that, Ottawa gets BC and Saskatchewan... both decent teams but the bottom of the West Division. I'd sure rather have their schedule. I just hope we're still in it after these next two weeks.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

djrobertson2017

are the Tiger Cats going to make the playoffs or not??

toddstattoo

no don,t  thank so
Oskee Wee Wee

Palmer

My faith is becoming weaker.  Need both Toronto and Ottawa to tank, not likely to happen.

Grover

TOR is out of reach, they will finish 1st
We will need OTT to lose at least one of their next 2 games and lose to us in OTT on their last game.
If OTT loses all 3 of their remaining games including the 1 to us, we really only need to beat MTL the 2 times we play them to get 2nd in the east.
We need OTT to lose this week in BC and next week in SSK
If we can get a win against WPG or CGY our chances skyrocket!

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

bobo82

We will need OTT to lose at least one of their next 2 games and lose to us in OTT on their last game.
If OTT loses all 3 of their remaining games including the 1 to us, we really only need to beat MTL the 2 times we play them to get 2nd in the east.
I think we can all safely say that in all probability there is absolutely no chance in Hell of us winning either of our next two games against the Bombers or the Stamps . As stupid as it sounds though we can still pull  this out of our asses by winning out our last 3 games of the season . That is if the RB's as I think they will , lose on the road to both the Lions this week and the Riders the next week .

It looks like it will come down to the week 19 game in Ottawa , which will be Ottawa's final game of the season . A win in that one will leave us a point back with our final game still to played at home against the Alouettes . If we somehow don't screw it up ourselves or get screwed by the refs or a combination of both we should be able to pull out a win against Montreal . There is absolutely no reason or excuse I can see for this team to lose either game against a pathetic Montreal team that the last time they looked this bad they were known as the Concordes .

The sad , pathetic thing about all this though is IF we do somehow backdoor our way into the play-offs with a sorry 6 - 12 record on the season , it will further justify just how far the competitive level has dropped off in the East in recent years . I mean think about it , the last time this team finished up a season at 6 - 12 was back in 2012 . That season it was good enough to qualify us as not only a non play-off team but also the team with the worst record in the league for that season . This season it might not only get us  a play-off spot but also a home game in the ESF . A home play-off date that in all honesty we really have no business hosting , shouldn't merit having or frankly deserve with the season we've had .

How I think it will all workout (for what it's worth.....and believe me , it ain't worth much.)

REDBLACKS remaining schedule...........................Ti-Cats remaining schedule.......................

@ B.C........... lose.....5 - 10 - 1 - 11........................@ Wnp..........lose.....3 - 11 - 0 - 6
@ Sask.........lose......5 - 11 - 1 - 11...........................Calg...........lose.....3 - 12 - 0 - 6
BYE WEEK................5 - 11 - 1 - 11........................@ Mtl............win......4 - 12 - 0 - 8
...Ham..........lose......5 - 12 - 1 - 11........................@ Ott............win......5 - 12 - 0 - 10
BYE WEEK.................5 - 12 - 1 - 11..........................Mtl.............win......6 - 12 - 0 - 12

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Slomojo2005

I think we can all safely say that in all probability there is absolutely no chance in Hell of us winning either of our next two games against the Bombers or the Stamps . As stupid as it sounds though we can still pull  this out of our asses by winning out our last 3 games of the season . That is if the RB's as I think they will , lose on the road to both the Lions this week and the Riders the next week .

It looks like it will come down to the week 19 game in Ottawa , which will be Ottawa's final game of the season . A win in that one will leave us a point back with our final game still to played at home against the Alouettes . If we somehow don't screw it up ourselves or get screwed by the refs or a combination of both we should be able to pull out a win against Montreal . There is absolutely no reason or excuse I can see for this team to lose either game against a pathetic Montreal team that the last time they looked this bad they were known as the Concordes .

The sad , pathetic thing about all this though is IF we do somehow backdoor our way into the play-offs with a sorry 6 - 12 record on the season , it will further justify just how far the competitive level has dropped off in the East in recent years . I mean think about it , the last time this team finished up a season at 6 - 12 was back in 2012 . That season it was good enough to qualify us as not only a non play-off team but also the team with the worst record in the league for that season . This season it might not only get us  a play-off spot but also a home game in the ESF . A home play-off date that in all honesty we really have no business hosting , shouldn't merit having or frankly deserve with the season we've had .

How I think it will all workout (for what it's worth.....and believe me , it ain't worth much.)

REDBLACKS remaining schedule...........................Ti-Cats remaining schedule.......................

@ B.C........... lose.....5 - 10 - 1 - 11........................@ Wnp..........lose.....3 - 11 - 0 - 6
@ Sask.........lose......5 - 11 - 1 - 11...........................Calg...........lose.....3 - 12 - 0 - 6
BYE WEEK................5 - 11 - 1 - 11........................@ Mtl............win......4 - 12 - 0 - 8
...Ham..........lose......5 - 12 - 1 - 11........................@ Ott............win......5 - 12 - 0 - 10
BYE WEEK.................5 - 12 - 1 - 11..........................Mtl.............win......6 - 12 - 0 - 12
I totally disagree.  We will win in Winnipeg and then it'll get interesting.  Winnipeg is beatable and we have the personnel to do it. Calgary is another story. 

Welder

Zippo....Nada...Zilch....

Frankly, we don't deserve it anyway...

Book 2 straight losses coming up and even if we somehow squeaked in it would only prove how pathetic the East is and a total rethink on who makes the playoffs would need to take place...
"I did not mean that conservatives were generally stupid; I meant that stupid persons are generally conservative."  John Stuart Mill

smogmonster

We can beat Winnipeg.
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

tabbyfan

We can indeed beat Winnipeg; they didn't exactly destroy Edmonton did they?  And now their kicker has the yips!  And we almost beat Edmonton when we really sucked, we are a very different team now, we just have to play and play call for a full 60 minutes.

Catattack1

Just a thought but has the debate of having the CFL move to a 1 tier system ever been dragged around in here?  With the way the East has been for a number of years it may be better to kick the East / West thing to the curb and really pay attention to the true overall standings.  With 9 teams it really is a bit of a joke when you think about it.
There is merit in this discussion.  ???
Rich
....The Original BoxIGUY (No longer a Season Ticket Holder, since 2017)  \":cowboy:\"
One day I expect to see all the opinionated armchair quarterbacks in the TiCat forum be judged as they have judged others. It\'s one thing to have an opinion for discussion purposes. It\'s another to be a complete fool.

jaybird24

Just a thought but has the debate of having the CFL move to a 1 tier system ever been dragged around in here?  With the way the East has been for a number of years it may be better to kick the East / West thing to the curb and really pay attention to the true overall standings.  With 9 teams it really is a bit of a joke when you think about it.
There is merit in this discussion.  ???
But in 2015 the East was Ottawa 12 wins,  Hamilton and Toronto 10 wins each.   No West crossover
The Lions only 7 wins, Bombers 5 wins and the Riders 3 wins.

So why the outcry this year to change the playoff structure?

stevehvh

This idea comes up for discussion fairly regularly, in various threads. Most people are against it. I certainly am. I think it's really an overreaction to current, temporary situations. 

Lennywasout

Just a thought but has the debate of having the CFL move to a 1 tier system ever been dragged around in here?  With the way the East has been for a number of years it may be better to kick the East / West thing to the curb and really pay attention to the true overall standings.  With 9 teams it really is a bit of a joke when you think about it.
There is merit in this discussion.  ???
Been debated so many times I’ve lost count.  I vote to keep it as is.  

Users Online

116 Guests, 17 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mark, KevinRiley2, RBFan2014, dcmoses, heapbag, brianjoxx, danoc_86, Oskie18, TCHABS, RedandWhite, Mightygoose, Abendschan, steeltownguy, jim43bob, bobo82, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)