Mark

My thumbs are up, with Lenny's, on what LeStaf posted about keeping the divisions.
Je suis également d'accord avec LeStaf. / I also agree with LeStaf.

Grover

Here are our playoff odds with the remaining games:

Record - Odds of Making
6-0 - 100%
5-1 - 98.4%
4-2 - 71%
3-3 - 17%
4 and 2 @71% odds sounds pretty darn good right now!

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

NZFan

Ottawa just helped us (Congrats to Glenn), and showed us how to really lose a game.  ;D

Onemoredork

Killer fumble by OTT in fourth. 

NZFan

We've got Winnipeg and Calgary for our next two, we have to at least split on these! 8)

ottawacat

It's 90 minutes, or so, after the overtime loss and rather than read a lot of stuff, that I'd be disagreeing with -- worst coach, terrible QB, should've played Collaros or, at least, put him in for "a change of pace" in overtime, etc., repeat, etc, repeat -- I've spent a few "cool down" minutes looking at the standings.  TOR now holds the tie-breaker advantage over all 3 of their division opponents and, of course, The Ballard Cup.  
The way I read it now, not considering the slight possibility that there won't be a cross-over from the west:

1 TOR victory or 1 HAM loss eliminates HAM from finishing in 1st place.

Any combination of OTT wins and/or HAM losses, totalling 3, eliminates HAM from finishing in 2nd place.

Any combination of TOR wins and/or OTT losses totalling 2, eliminates OTT from finishing in 1st place

MTL is now eliminated from finishing in 1st place and any combination of OTT wins and/or MTL losses totalling 2 eliminates them from finishing in 2nd place.

Now, I can go and read opinions on the poor officiating tonight, but I should be spared from any more on that terrible decision to play Gable in this game.  It was an entertaining game, with a disappointing ending.  I enjoyed it as much, and probably more than any other TiCat game this season.  G'night all.

Slomojo2005

Anyone else out there think that we should have conceded a single when we punted out of our end zone, late in game, with an 8 point lead?  I was perplexed!  Give up 1, put the Argos back in their 35 yard line, have them drive back from there and try to tie or go for touchdown with 2 point conversion and a win.  I firmly believe we would have come out on top by doing so.  Instead we gave them excellent field position for their TD and 2 point conversion.    

Grover

Anyone else out there think that we should have conceded a single when we punted out of our end zone, late in game, with an 8 point lead?  I was perplexed!  Give up 1, put the Argos back in their 35 yard line, have them drive back from there and try to tie or go for touchdown with 2 point conversion and a win.  I firmly believe we would have come out on top by doing so.  Instead we gave them excellent field position for their TD and 2 point conversion.    
It would have been a 2 point safety, not a single, and we would give them the ball back with a TD and convert to win instead of a TD and 2 point play to tie.
BTW
We had them stopped on the 2 point convert to tie, but somebody's foot was over the line,
Absolutely inexcusable.  :-[ :-[ :-[

Don't give up, we ain't dead yet! 

stevehvh

No, but we're definitely on life support. We have to win three of our remaining games, and Ottawa has to lose all of theirs.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

DogsFan

Our updated odds
5-0   - 100%
4-1   - 85%
3-1-1 - 71%
3-2   - 33%
2-2-1 - 17%

Anything less and we're out.

Grover

Our updated odds
5-0   - 100%
4-1   - 85%
3-1-1 - 71%
3-2   - 33%
2-2-1 - 17%

Anything less and we're out.
We can still go 4-1
We have 2 games in hand on OTT for 2nd with 5 games remaining and trail them by 5 points
OTT has 3 games left, in BC, in SSK and then hosts us in their final game

We play OTT once, we absolutely must win that game.
We play MTL twice, we absolutely must win both those games
That leaves on the road Friday in WPG and at home to CGY
We must win 1 of those games to go 4-1

If OTT losses all three of their remaining games, we only need to beat MTL twice to finish 3-2 to get the East Semi-final home playoff berth.

"Don't give up, we ain't dead yet! "

ottawacat

No, but we're definitely on life support. We have to win three of our remaining games, and Ottawa has to lose all of theirs.
Or, we win 4 and Ottawa loses 2 of their remaining 3 games
Or, we win all 5 and Ottawa wins 2 of their remaining 3.
The light at the end of the TiCat tunnel was much brighter before the OT loss, but it's still there if you look hard enough.

S J Riley

As hard as it has been for us TiCat fans this year.
I do truly believe...
We will pass Ottawa and take 2nd place in the East.
Take a look at Ottawa for a moment.
They are playing like crap..and to think they are the defending 
Grey Cup Champs.
Ottawa is folding under all the pressure.
All our Cats need to do is stay focused....forget about all
the bullshit..ie Officials etc.
Don't take your foot off the gas..when you have a lead late in a game.
Play for a full 60 minutes...
And we can do this.

danoc_86

Thanks Dogsfan 

We are not done yet! Ottawa has a tough schedule I could see them losing the last 3 games.

I'm going to predicted a ticat win this Friday Cat by 6.

Took my Mom to the game last night she doesn't watch football and she said who's that guy walking around on the sidelines he is behaving like he is the most important person in the world and his sh** don't stink..... my response oh that's Matthew scianitti from TSN apparently he is doing fortune telling as a side job maybe I could book us an appointment 

ottawacat

As hard as it has been for us TiCat fans this year.
I do truly believe...
We will pass Ottawa and take 2nd place in the East.
Take a look at Ottawa for a moment.
They are playing like crap..and to think they are the defending
Grey Cup Champs.
Ottawa is folding under all the pressure.
All our Cats need to do is stay focused....forget about all
the bullshit..ie Officials etc.
Don't take your foot off the gas..when you have a lead late in a game.
Play for a full 60 minutes...
And we can do this.
On Friday, Ottawa blew a lead they, like the Cats last night, should have been able to hold on to.  But, they were playing with their 3rd string QB against a better team than we were.  They've lost a lot of close games this season, but there are some things ahead that concern me about the RedBlacks --
All their QBs are expected to ready for their trip to BC.  I don't know, but expect they'll likely stay out west before playing in Regina, which I think gives them a better chance of beating a western team.  They've been better on the road than at home.  And, when the Cats go to Ottawa, they'll do so with just 5 days between games, while the Ottawa team will have had 14 days to rest and prep for that game.  Those things keep me from "truly believing" along with you, S.J.

Users Online

112 Guests, 16 Users (18 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mark, KevinRiley2, RBFan2014, dcmoses, heapbag, brianjoxx, danoc_86, Oskie18, TCHABS, RedandWhite, Mightygoose, Abendschan, steeltownguy, jim43bob, bobo82, Google (18)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)