Tipper

if the ticats decide to trade manziel's rights , they better get more than a 2knd round draft pick
if they trade with mtl i'd like to see chip cox or hebert come back in return to play sam linebacker for us...our defence would improve immediately .....

8)  Are you serious ??   ::)    Chip Cox is 34 and Hebert is 36, and both are on their last legs with 
     Montreal !!

Chewbaca1973

My guess is Toronto, Montreal and Saskatchewan are the teams interested.  It would also not be surprising if Chris Jones already has a deal in place with Manziel. Remember the Riders were already fined earlier this year. They will likely wait until after the tonighrs game to announce a trade.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/roughriders-fined-for-meeting-with-johnny-manziels-publicist-1.4090265

blackandgld

I have no faith in Austin and Tilman after giving away Chick for a 2knd round pick , releasing their best defensive player in Will Hill, Releasing a good receiver in Tyms, and releasing Peter Dyakowski a player that has alot of experience and could mentor the current olineman and maybe start like he is in saskatchewan . They have also allowed Figueroa and Lewis to walk and traded simmons all three are starting on other teams and we had rookie tackles until edmonton cut washington.

i really hope i am wrong about this ...but right now it seems there are 3 teams anxious to get a qb
and one has been confirmed as montreal ..the other two are either ottawa , bc, sask , argos

I would trade Collaros and sign Manziel and have him learn the game this year as a backup for a big part of the year......the reason is that june jones prefers masoli to collaros anyway and jones will be hear for a while and collaros salary becomes guaranteed for the rest of the year soon..

if the ticats decide to trade manziel's rights , they better get more than a 2knd round draft pick
if they trade with mtl i'd like to see chip cox or hebert come back in return to play sam linebacker for us...our defence would improve immediately .....

i think tillman and jones are foaming at the mouth at the thought of getting manziel based interview comments they have about him

If they don't sign Manziel it will  be because Austin  flexed is muscles and over ruled both ....as Austin loves Collaros
Gerbear, i really disagree with your constant harping on these moves which is OK. It is just my opinion. But let me run a few facts.
Chick returned a 2nd round pick and freed up some cash as he was making around $200K. Chick is 34 years old. We had a younger Adrian Tracy rotting on the sidelines. Chick has played in 11 games and won zero and is sitting at 2 sacks for the season. He is done from my perspective.
Their best so called player Will Hill who has been cut from every pro team he has played for has not been picked up by any other team for free, would leave practice before it was over if he felt like it and was a complete distraction to everyone. He was suspended, took bad penalties and was by all accounts a bad teammate in a team game. The D has played better since he left.
Dyakowski was signed to be a starter in Hamilton. He had lost his starting job to a younger Revenberg. It came down to money. You can't pay a backup starters money in a cap environment. Dyakowski is playing this season on a contract much smaller than the one he had in place with the Cats.
Besides the Cats had Girard as a National backup until his surprise retirement in April.
Figueroa was a beast for the Cats when on the field. However he played 8, 12, and 6 games for the Cats in his 3 seasons here. He could not stay on the field for them at a very important position.
Lewis and Simmons were let go before the team knew Olson was retiring. That was another surprise blow to the team.
Asking Montreal for Hebert soon to be 37 and Cox 34 years old probably would not be in the Cats vision although they would obviously improve the teams D short term.
Just like i said my opinion...

Lennywasout

Blackandgold.... very well said. I too think that some of the constant criticisms against team management (ie. Austin and Tillman) is unwarranted.  People like to make statements without providing all the pertinent facts (as you have). I too was about to respond but thought better as I'd be again accused of a personal attack when differing on an opinion.

Thanks for saving me from myself👍

stevehvh

Getting a first round pick and a starter for the rights to a Neg List player who has all sorts of baggage and hasn't played for a few years is dreaming in technicolor.

I don't want him on the Ticats. If any other team does, they can have him. Whatever the Ticats can wring out of another team in a trade is fine with me.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

pikk

I would think the league would love to see jonnie in a argo uniform. That is about the only thing left to get support for the argos.

cats99

Boyz along with Johnny comes a Maxim model 10/10 ! I would love to see her at THF! Mamma Mia 💋
Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

EastVanMark

I would think the league would love to see jonnie in a argo uniform. That is about the only thing left to get support for the argos.
Bingo.

Manziel in an Argos jersey= instant spike in interest levels in Toronto

cats99

There ain't one QB in the CFL that could do these trick football shots no way dudes!

Dude Perfect style:
Totally Sick💪🏈🤙

https://youtu.be/n58bFRauLL4

Chewbaca1973

It is now being reported that the league has postponed the 10 day period indefinitely and it will not be restarted until Manziel's eligibility to play in the league is finalized.  This includes an interview with the CFL commissioner and undergo a domestic violence assessment. If he "passes" these test, it is nice to know we have a valuable asset we can make good use of.

Grover

David William Naylor‏Verified account
@TSNDaveNaylor
1h1 hour ago
League extended deadline indefinitely to allow Cats to negotiate a deal or trade Manziel's rights after he is approved by CFL to play.

David William Naylor‏Verified account
@TSNDaveNaylor
1h1 hour ago
Manziel's interview with commish and asessment being scheduled now. So league could set new deadline after those processes complete.#CFL

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

djrobertson2017

Should the Ticats sign Johnny Manziel??

ExPat

Why do you ask?

djrobertson2017

Why do you ask?
  I think in the CFL he will be very good

CatsFaninOttawa

Why do you ask?
 I think in the CFL he will be very good
I'm still not convinced. I just read this article (https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/10/the-fight-to-save-johnny-manziel-from-self-destruction) and one sentence stood out for me.

And Manziel wasn’t joking about his difficulty learning the Browns playbook; at A&M he hadn’t used one, instead perusing a brief game plan for each contest.
Cleveland was apparently the first time he had had been given an actual playbook to learn. Perhaps that's one of the reasons he didn't succeed in Cleveland. Not the only reason - lack of supporting cast may have been an even bigger factor. Perhaps he is suited to a run and shoot offence, but even a run and shoot offence needs a playbook of some sort.

So, is he capable of learning a complex playbook?

Users Online

108 Guests, 13 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
RedandWhite, Mark, dcmoses, Oskie18, Mightygoose, TCHABS, KevinRiley2, Abendschan, steeltownguy, jim43bob, bobo82, sully, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)