Poll

Okay. I have this weird idea that the people really wanting Manziel tend to be younger. I'd like to test this theory...by "Mark"...  Vote away!Pick the response below that fits.

Under 26 and want Manziel
1.4%
1 (1.4%)
Between 26- 45  and want Manziel
15.7%
11 (15.7%)
Between 46-65 and want Manziel
25.7%
18 (25.7%)
Over  65 and want Manziel
12.9%
9 (12.9%)
Under 26 and don't want Manziel
2.9%
2 (2.9%)
Between 26- 45  and don't want Manziel
8.6%
6 (8.6%)
Between 46-65 and don't want Manziel
27.1%
19 (27.1%)
Over  65 and don't want Manziel
5.7%
4 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Killer91

We will sign Manziel, Masolli will start for us while Johnny learns the game as back up.
Masolli is a good qb, but not elite. Kind of like Glen.  Better than back up but not a consistent starter.
No one is signing Masolli as the franchise qb.

(If Masolli signs elsewhere we will find someone else to start while Manziel learns the system)
Masoli is closer to an elite quarterback than Manziel is right now plus he has been to 2 Grey Cups, played in big road games with success and been in the league for 5 years, not to mention elite College Bowl Game experience.  I think he is right on the cusp of being elite in the CFL.  Plus he is pretty exciting to watch in his own right.
Sign Manziel beg him to stay for 4 years if he is playing well with the end result being he will be assured a chance to get back to the NFL as mentioned by Jones if he has success here.

Obrigardo

our future is not dictated by the actions of another team.

such a weak and ill informed argument.
It is when we play them three times a year.  That's six points in the standings, and the tiebreaker in head-to-head games...
The rest of the league had no trouble beating him( 0  and 12) why would Jones

Obrigardo

I agree the Calvillo and Collaros situation are not alike... difference is we know Collaros can be the best QB in the league.

We didn't know Calvillo could be the greatest ever.

Letting Collaros go would be the bigger error in judgement.
Collaros can be the best QB in the League??

I disagree

IMHO Right now Collaros is behind in order

Reilly
Mitchell
Ray
Nichols
Harris
Masoli
Add every other qb who won a game in they're last 12 starts.whats with so many posters man crush on this guy.theyre living in the past

Lennywasout

I agree the Calvillo and Collaros situation are not alike... difference is we know Collaros can be the best QB in the league.

We didn't know Calvillo could be the greatest ever.

Letting Collaros go would be the bigger error in judgement.
Collaros can be the best QB in the League??

I disagree

IMHO Right now Collaros is behind in order

Reilly
Mitchell
Ray
Nichols
Harris
Masoli
Add every other qb who won a game in they're last 12 starts.whats with so many posters man crush on this guy.theyre living in the past
And you are the football EXPERT.  What you say must be gospel 🤪.
Not sure about anyone else but I can’t wait to read your tainted posts.  They are so uplifting 👎. And, this man crush some posters have is because they likely have more football savvy on their baby fingers than you have in your entire body.

Would love to see you say this crap to Collaros face.....you wouldn’t have the guts.

Grover

Everyone should calm down, we have no control over this.
Only 4 people have input into the QB situation

Scott Mitchell
Austin
Tillman
Jones

January is the new timeline for Johnny, unless it gets extended again!  ::)

Feb. 1st is when Collaros first $250K payment is due.  :o

Feb. 14th is when Masoli can negotiate with other teams

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

CatsFaninOttawa

January is the new timeline for Johnny, unless it gets extended again!  ::)

Feb. 1st is when Collaros first $250K payment is due.  :o

Definitely going to be an interesting six weeks.

smogmonster

You know it!  And it's all going to boil down to how much talent we can get / retain within the cap.

This above all things is going to bring clarity to the direction this team is taking.  A new direction in QB's?  New receivers?  How much moolah our free agents are asking for?  Are they worth it vs the free market?  going to be very interesting very soon...  stay tuned.
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

schmenger

Change was needed. There will be a few surprises down the road. I look forward to a solid franchise that can compete on a regular basis. It's time to reclaim the east title and bust out a team that will and can dominate. The fans the city and Bob Young are well over due.

Mark

And I have to decide on my season seats by the 18th. Sigh....

Grover

When June Jones compared Johnny Manziel in the CFL to a Warren Moon situation, He had no idea this was about to be released! :o  :o  :o

“It will be a Warren Moon situation to be quite honest."

Warren Moon just got accused of sexual harassment by a co-worker. :-[

blackandgld

In 1989, Warren Moon received the NFL’s Walter Payton Man of the Year award for his charitable works and excellence on the field. But his reputation was later marred by scandals involving women.
In May 1995, he was sued by a Vikings cheerleader who accused him of sexual harassment, alleging that he offered her cash for sex. The case was settled out of court days later.
Two months after that, Moon was arrested in Texas after the quarterback’s wife, Felicia, told police that he had slapped and choked her in their mansion near Houston.
Moon told reporters that the couple had an argument and that he had made “a tremendous mistake.” He reconciled with his wife, who declined to press charges.

stevehvh

Change was needed. There will be a few surprises down the road. I look forward to a solid franchise that can compete on a regular basis. It's time to reclaim the east title and bust out a team that will and can dominate. The fans the city and Bob Young are well over due.
I fully agree.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

Killer91

Good news is Mitchell was with Masoli a couple of weeks ago. That's a good sign.

Mark

Almost lost my cookies while driving when I heard this reported on 1150 at 3:15 p.m.
Just....don't....know....what....to....say....

Evil Doctor

It's possible Jones's just buttering his bread, perhaps a little too thickly, to get Manziel to sign and get him to training camp, or perhaps to set him up as trade bait...

Users Online

91 Guests, 13 Users (10 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
FootbalYouBet, heapbag, Mightygoose, joe, Iconic SR, Allek, djrobertson2017, Sidney, Hamilton2005, CFL in QC, RedandWhite, KevinRiley2, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 132. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)