Palmer

How did he win the hiesman, if he is so uncoachable and not a team player?

What's laughable is this franchise has not won a championship in almost 20 years in  a 9(sometimes 8 )team league.>:(

I guess some people are just happy losing year after year. Hope you are all renewing your season tickets??

I'll buy two more if Menziel comes to town. Can't get any worse than losing 9 games in a row.
Count the number of NCAA players, including all-stars, and the number of NFL players.  Or count the number of graduating NCAA players and the number of rookie NFL players.  It is one thing to play against other college players, quite another to play against NFL players. In college, there might be one or two, maybe a couple of more, on the other team that are NFL caliber.  In the NFL, every player on the other team is NFL calibre, and many have a few years of experience to boot.

Being an all-star college player is like being a sighted player on a CNIB team, doesn't guarantee you future success.

mr62cats

What's laughable is this franchise has not won a championship in almost 20 years in  a 9(sometimes 8 )team league.>:(

I guess some people are just happy losing year after year. Hope you are all renewing your season tickets??

I'll buy two more if Menziel comes to town. Can't get any worse than losing 9 games in a row.
150:  The answer to your question can be found by looking at his conduct and lack of results with  Cleveland.

The better question to ask is : Why would Manziel fritter way the golden opportunity he was given by the Browns and end up as the third string QB sitting on the bench?  Keep in mind that the Browns passed on him at first and then took him in the 22nd round of the draft. He is obviously nothing special....and troubled to boot.

150GAGE

Are we going to  judge anyone, who played for the Browns?really?
Arguably the worst franchise in the NFL. What QB has succeeded there since Bernie Kosar? In fact name anyone that has succeeded there?
I am not defending Menzel's off field issues. 
But I think he can excel at the CFL game more than the NFL.

It would be great to see Tim Hortons field packed to the brim again!  We may even get some fans that don't typically come to a CFL game.

Welder

Arguably the worst franchise in the NFL. What QB has succeeded there since Bernie Kosar? In fact name anyone that has succeeded there?

It would be great to see Tim Hortons field packed to the brim again!  We may even get some fans that don't typically come to a CFL game.
As much as Manzeil's off field stuff is detestable...In terms of his physicality,I have always thought that he was far more suited to the Canadian game than the NFL...The years in Cleveland looked like he had unnecessarily bulked up to meet the demands of the NFL....Having said that, I really don't understand the upside for the Tiger-Cats? Either he comes here for 2 years, does really well,and,leaves for a big contract in the US....Or totally flames out and we're left with nothing.....
"I did not mean that conservatives were generally stupid; I meant that stupid persons are generally conservative."  John Stuart Mill

ExPat

Especially if there are thousands of people in Southern Ontario who just love watching backup QBs standing on the sidelines.  ("He holds that clipboard with such authority!")

FenderGuy69

Quick Note: The majority, and I mean significant majority, of the Oline during Johnny Fball's best year(s) @ TAMU were drafted in the NFL. 5 of the Olinemen in his Heismann year were drafted. Another 2 were UDFA's. All have made NFL rosters at some point.

Just a thought everyone.

Count Floyd

Of course he CAN excel.  The question is, will he?  If the millions of $ he could have potentially earned in the NFL didn't motivate him to curb his behaviour, why would playing in the CFL do it?

And if it doesn't motivate him, why would anyone pack Tim Hortons field to watch him play?

my home team

Count the number of NCAA players, including all-stars, and the number of NFL players.  Or count the number of graduating NCAA players and the number of rookie NFL players.  It is one thing to play against other college players, quite another to play against NFL players. In college, there might be one or two, maybe a couple of more, on the other team that are NFL caliber.  In the NFL, every player on the other team is NFL calibre, and many have a few years of experience to boot.

Being an all-star college player is like being a sighted player on a CNIB team, doesn't guarantee you future success.
That's why I don't pay much attention to what a player did in his college years. Over the many many many decades I've been watching this league, I've seen a lot of NCAA praised candidates arrive with great stats and videos to later hear of their departure BEFORE the end of training camp.

It's one thing to be playing for a scholarship and school pride. It's a COMPLETELY different world when the motivation is a paycheque and providing for your family.

And I seriously doubt, at this level, that a teammate, who is busting his backside is going to find much kinship in someone who is that lazy and unmotivated.

Especially, when they are not helping you win.

S J Riley

All the hype about Manziel coming to Hamilton...
Would do nothing for our Cats.
Think about it.
Let's say he did..
And let's go even further and say he did very..very well.
How long would he stay here ?
Only as long as the 1 year contract you would get him for.
As fans we would hope in that 1 year we would win the Cup.
Because that's all the time he would stay.
No thanks...
I take Masoli over Manziel.

Crash

Think about it.
Let's say he did..
No thanks...
League Min is 2 years.

djrobertson2017

djrobertson2017

Think about it.
Let's say he did..
No thanks...
League Min is 2 years.

3 Downs: Has Masoli's play changed Ticats mind on Manziel?

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/3-downs-has-masoli-s-play-changed-ticats-mind-on-manziel%7E1229453

Slomojo2005

As much as Manzeil's off field stuff is detestable...In terms of his physicality,I have always thought that he was far more suited to the Canadian game than the NFL...The years in Cleveland looked like he had unnecessarily bulked up to meet the demands of the NFL....Having said that, I really don't understand the upside for the Tiger-Cats? Either he comes here for 2 years, does really well,and,leaves for a big contract in the US....Or totally flames out and we're left with nothing.....
Manziel  isn’t Moses my friend, he won’t bring Hamilton the promised cup!  I recall the fuss made when Ricky Ray was brought in to save the Argos.  Didn’t happen, not even close! Same will happen with Manziel. 

ExPat

Manziel  isn’t Moses my friend, he won’t bring Hamilton the promised cup!  I recall the fuss made when Ricky Ray was brought in to save the Argos.  Didn’t happen, not even close! Same will happen with Manziel.
That Grey Cup win wasn’t “close”?

HILTS

Hey 150GAGE
...were you born yesterday?? re: (( in fact name anyone that has succeeded there ))

Best running back of all time played played for the Browns
 .. Jim Brown .. NFL MVP 3 times.. and 9 Pro Bowls
Paul Warfield was one of best receivers Ever to play in NFL
The franchise has struggled for sure but they have had some great players .. don't forget Brian Sipe (NFL MVP) and the Cardiac Kids from the '80's
Have a Nice Day!

Users Online

118 Guests, 14 Users (15 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
vjcos, idealsheldon, KevinRiley2, mr62cats, Mightygoose, bobo82, The Last Word, 15_championships, nopa, LeBird, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)