Mark

Manziel in a Briles/Jones offense and his connections with Briles and the Big12 means Manziel will now take a closer look at signing with Hamilton.
Matthew's Dad makes a comeback!!!!!!!!

Let the "news" roll.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

DBsDoItBackwards

After watching many highlights of this QB.....there is very little quarterbacking. RB maybe!

I saw 3 passes that were average at the pro level. Ones that HAVE to be made in the pros and are an exagerated highlight in College.

Every highlight was a designed run, or a complete breakdown by the defense. These breakdowns don't occur as often in the Pros as they do in college. 

There is a reason he struggled in the NFL. He can't read complex defences, change plays, make the necessary pocket throws that open up the run, etc. Things it take guys years to master.

There will never be another Flutie. Not even in the same conversation.

DavidC

No more losers, please.
“It’s an unscrupulous intellect that doesn’t pay reverence to antiquity.” Erasmus

Slomojo2005

David William Naylor‏Verified account
@TSNDaveNaylor

Breaking: Johnny Manziel's representatives have activated the 10-day window that forces the Ticats hand to sign, trade or release  him. #CFL
2:07 PM - 13 Sep 2017

David William Naylor‏Verified account
@TSNDaveNaylor

2m2 minutes ago
Not confirmed exactly when Manziel's reps pulled the 10-day clause but it has indeed been pulled. #CFL #Ticats

Chris O'Leary‏Verified account
@olearychris

3m3 minutes ago
Chris O'Leary Retweeted David William Naylor
If 10 days pass w/o a signing or trade, Manziel enters into waivers. Remember, that’s just for his rights. Doesn’t guarantee signing #CFL
TiCats will let elapse or trade his rights for a bag of used footballs.  The guy is all hype.

of course

This move suggests that Manziel is desperate to play.

The X factor at play here is that June Jones is HC, June Jones will probably be HC for the forseeable future, and June Jones wants Manziel to play QB for Hamilton.

Given that circumstance, I believe that the Cats trade Collaros within the next week, and sign Manziel to join the team, and to learn the CFL game under Masoli.

Collaros to the Riders or BC...whoever offers more in return.

Gerbear20

Very interesting prediction "of course"
should be an interesting 10 days that is for sure

mr62cats

If I had my druthers, I'd trade his rights for either some quality Nationals, O-linemen, or receivers.  I'm still of the opinion that if we can get Zach on track, we are sitting pretty good at QB.  Manziel might bring more problems than he is worth.

But, as O'Billovich taught us "Better is better", and June Jones has a reputation as a QB guru.

I agree 100 percent with your druthers! ;D
Who needs Manziel's attitude and baggage. It's not as if he has been a success story in the NFL.

Clawed2bitz

The X factor at play here is that June Jones is HC, June Jones will probably be HC for the forseeable future, and June Jones wants Manziel to play QB for Hamilton.

Given that circumstance, I believe that the Cats trade Collaros within the next week, and sign Manziel to join the team, and to learn the CFL game under Masoli.

Oh no....
I think Tina Turner said it..."we dont need another hero"

FormerlyTurkish

No need tp mess with this lineup, we're on a roll

PatLynch

Oh no....
I think Tina Turner said it..."we dont need another hero"

You gotta love a guy who quotes Tina Turner !  The thighs don't lie . The Cats don't need the spoiled millionaire kid !

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

Lennywasout

We should sign and trade him to the Riders since they seemed interested.  Sign him for the minimum and let him sit until the Riders offer something good.  They need a QB.
If we really want another starting QB, then go after Franklin in the off season.  

ottawacat

Drew Edwards‏Verified account 
@scratchingpost
  13h13 hours ago
More

Confirmed with #CFL that #Ticats only have to offer QB @JManziel2 a minimum deal (2 years at $53K per) to retain his rights for a year.

With the neg list rules, for this situation, clarified, you'd have to think the Cats will make the minimum offer, which you'd have to think Johnny's agent would turn down, and the club then retains his CFL rights for another year, during which they could trade those rights or up the offer to a level which would result in a signing and Manziel's participation in 2018 training camp.

ExPat

Drew Edwards‏Verified account
@scratchingpost

13h13 hours ago
More

Confirmed with #CFL that #Ticats only have to offer QB @JManziel2 a minimum deal (2 years at $53K per) to retain his rights for a year.

With the neg list rules, for this situation, clarified, you'd have to think the Cats will make the minimum offer, which you'd have to think Johnny's agent would turn down, and the club then retains his CFL rights for another year, during which they could trade those rights or up the offer to a level which would result in a signing and Manziel's participation in 2018 training camp.
That makes sense to me.  A two-year deal signed today takes us through to the end of the 2018 season.  A two year deal signed next spring goes to the end of 2019.

Or they could just do a three-year deal today, to the same effect.

(Not that I'm in favour of the signing - but if they're going to do it, do it right.)

pikk

Sign him and see what happens. I will be very disappointed if we don't try.

mycko75

If I had my druthers, I'd trade his rights for either some quality Nationals, O-linemen, or receivers.  I'm still of the opinion that if we can get Zach on track, we are sitting pretty good at QB.  Manziel might bring more problems than he is worth.

But, as O'Billovich taught us "Better is better", and June Jones has a reputation as a QB guru.

I agree 100 percent with your druthers! ;D
Who needs Manziel's attitude and baggage. It's not as if he has been a success story in the NFL.
Let me get this straight...you guys want some team to trade the RIGHTS (not even the player, just his rights) to a guy who has been a train wreck, proven nothing at the pro level at all, with no CFL experience...for QUALITY nationals, o-linemen or receivers?

PLEASE PLEASE submit a resume to 8 other teams to be GM if you think that is even a remotely feasible trade.
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Users Online

115 Guests, 15 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
dcmoses, KevinRiley2, danoc_86, heapbag, Oskie18, TCHABS, RedandWhite, RBFan2014, Mark, Mightygoose, Abendschan, steeltownguy, jim43bob, bobo82, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)