RoaritMatthew

Manziel in a Briles/Jones offense and his connections with Briles and the Big12 means Manziel will now take a closer look at signing with Hamilton.

blackandgld

HA, not sure if this would hurt or help? 
More controversy is not welcome and Manziel has a rep as a bad dude.

cats99

Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

tangledweb

David William Naylor @TSNDaveNaylor
Houston Chronicle says Johnny Manziel "might sign with a CFL team soon." I have said the pursuit of Manziel is not dead.
#CFL
[/url][/b]

Grover

David William Naylor‏Verified account
@TSNDaveNaylor
Breaking: Johnny Manziel's representatives have activated the 10-day window that forces the Ticats hand to sign, trade or release  him. #CFL
2:07 PM - 13 Sep 2017

David William Naylor‏Verified account
@TSNDaveNaylor
2m2 minutes ago
Not confirmed exactly when Manziel's reps pulled the 10-day clause but it has indeed been pulled. #CFL #Ticats

Chris O'Leary‏Verified account
@olearychris

3m3 minutes ago
Chris O'Leary Retweeted David William Naylor
If 10 days pass w/o a signing or trade, Manziel enters into waivers. Remember, that’s just for his rights. Doesn’t guarantee signing #CFL

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Grover

My understanding is the TiCats must make a fair(reasonable) offer($100K) and then they would hold his neg rights for a year.
As a first contract in the CFL it would have to be a 2 year(1+1club option)contract

Players can notify the league of the negotiation window and if a contract offer is not received within 10 days, the player is removed from the team's neg list. If a fair contract offer is received, but rejected, the player is removed from the list one year from the offer date.

https://cfldb.ca/faq/rosters/#what-is-a-cfl-neg-list

FenderGuy69

My understanding is the TiCats must make a fair(reasonable) offer($100K) and then they would hold his neg rights for a year.
As a first contract in the CFL it would have to be a 2 year(1+1club option)contract

Players can notify the league of the negotiation window and if a contract offer is not received within 10 days, the player is removed from the team's neg list. If a fair contract offer is received, but rejected, the player is removed from the list one year from the offer date.

Will be interesting to see what is interpreted to be "reasonable". From what I recall, it is up to the commissioner to determine if the offer that is rejected was in fact reasonable.

Palmer

If I had my druthers, I'd trade his rights for either some quality Nationals, O-linemen, or receivers.  I'm still of the opinion that if we can get Zach on track, we are sitting pretty good at QB.  Manziel might bring more problems than he is worth.

But, as O'Billovich taught us "Better is better", and June Jones has a reputation as a QB guru.

Grover

Will be interesting to see what is interpreted to be "reasonable". From what I recall, it is up to the commissioner to determine if the offer that is rejected was in fact reasonable.
Vernon Adams first CFL Contract

QB Vernon Adams got sweet deal on first contract from Alouettes
Posted on November 10, 2016 by Justin Dunk // 3 Comments

Vernon Adams was a highly sought after Canadian Football League quarterback prospect, so much so that Montreal traded a 2017 first-round pick to B.C. for the 23-year-old dual-threat pivot.
The Pasadena, California native inked a three-year pact upon arriving in La belle province. The 2016 portion of that contract will pay Adams $70,000 in “hard” money – $60,000 base salary plus $10,000 housing. He has a playtime incentive that pays $750 per game if 51% of all offensive snaps in a game come at quarterback. Translation: starting at QB equals that bonus money.
Most quarterbacks who come north of the border get the minimum salary in their rookie season.

http://3downnation.com/2016/11/10/vernon-adams-2016-contract-numbers/

Gerbear20

The one issue with signing Manziel is "how long will he stay if does well " ---He might try to get out of the minimum 2 year contract if NFL starts showing some interest.

I can't see him staying as long as Doug Flutie did but I think he could be a star in this league. I have a feeling that the ticats will mess this up and let Manziel get signed elsewhere like SASK , TOR, or MTL

Ideally , they trade Collaros to one of the 3 teams mentioned for some national help at oline and receiver ....Then go sign Manziel to Zac  type money and let Johnny ease into the offence and see how he does . Keep in mind that Masoli is a free agent at the end of this year. It makes things interesting ..

I personally feel that neither Masoli or Collaros is good enough to win us a Grey Cup and isn't that the goal . I think Manziel might be good enough to carry this team with his scrambling and running ability and his raw ability to make big plays with his arm as well. If they do sign him , they might want to see what his favorite receivers are up to from Texas A and M.

I think if June Jones and Tilman have the majority of the decision then they will sign him and try to trade Collaros or release him. IF Austin has the final say , then they will just release Manziel.
This video speaks for itself on how good manziel can be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp8iZAySN2M

cats99

Sorry to say Bye Zack and $540000 yr and hereeeeeeeees 
Johnny......Rehab ! Perfect for the run and Gun ! Plus pots legal next year!!!! Johnny can party with his buddy Drake in TO or the Ticats trade his rights to the Airblows ! 

Eagle

The one issue with signing Manziel is "how long will he stay if does well " ---He might try to get out of the minimum 2 year contract if NFL starts showing some interest.

I can't see him staying as long as Doug Flutie did but I think he could be a star in this league. I have a feeling that the ticats will mess this up and let Manziel get signed elsewhere like SASK , TOR, or MTL

Ideally , they trade Collaros to one of the 3 teams mentioned for some national help at oline and receiver ....Then go sign Manziel to Zac  type money and let Johnny ease into the offence and see how he does . Keep in mind that Masoli is a free agent at the end of this year. It makes things interesting ..

I personally feel that neither Masoli or Collaros is good enough to win us a Grey Cup and isn't that the goal . I think Manziel might be good enough to carry this team with his scrambling and running ability and his raw ability to make big plays with his arm as well. If they do sign him , they might want to see what his favorite receivers are up to from Texas A and M.

I think if June Jones and Tilman have the majority of the decision then they will sign him and try to trade Collaros or release him. IF Austin has the final say , then they will just release Manziel.
This video speaks for itself on how good manziel can be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp8iZAySN2M
PLEASE don't sign him - please.
Nice video, but he'll only be a distraction.

Also, if he is so good, how come he sucked in the NFL?

The Eagle

Gerbear20

He sucked in the NFL because he is too small and was partying too much as he thought he was super man so he likely didn't put in the proper amount of effort into learning the offence etc and keeping in tip top shape...Aside from that , he was on the worst offensive team in the NFL the Cleveland Browns.Now he has had a rude awakening that no NFL wants him and he is not the star and not making big bucks. Need for big Money and stardom should make this guy bear down and learn the offence and get in great shape and practice hard. Then after he succeeds here for 2 years one would think the NFL would come calling much like when Flutie went and played for Buffalo.

I don't think Collaros or Masoli can lead us to a grey cup but I think a guy with Manziel's talent can under June Jones run and shoot offence where the QB runs alot . Manziel has shown an incredible ability to avoid tacklers and pass rush and tyurn a broken play into a 20 to 30 yard run ....

tangledweb

David William Naylor@TSNDaveNaylor
More than $$$, sticky issue between Ticats and Manziel could be length of contract. Ham may want to go beyond the two-year minimum. #CFL

Crash

According to Naylor offer just has to be for league minimum 

Users Online

89 Guests, 10 Users (7 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bedrock, Grover, Holy Mackinaw, greenandwhite, Iconic SR, bobo82, RichardVeilleux, PTBO Dave, Beam reach, CFL in QC, Google (7)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)