DisplacedCatsFan

I think that the reason that there are no comments about LH's signing is that there's nothing to complain about...  ::)
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

of course

I'll play devil's advocate here.

I do recall that Hajrullahu did have trouble with more than a few "point after" attempts last year.

Tipper

I do recall that Hajrullahu did have trouble with more than a few "point after" attempts last year.
8)  Oh really !!!  When exactly last year ??

He actually converted all 36 of his single point attempts last year with the Argos !!!

You obviously did  not follow  his season last year at all   ::) :-[   Ridiculous comment to make   :-[

of course

8)  Oh really !!!  When exactly last year ??

He actually converted all 36 of his single point attempts last year with the Argos !!!

You obviously did  not follow  his season last year at all   ::) :-[   Ridiculous comment to make   :-[
It must have been the year before, in Winnipeg.

Grover

Terrific read here about Lirim by Drew Edwards

A Grey Cup-winning kick for family and freedom

The Hajrullahu’s have been through a lot. Born in Kosovo, Lirim and the family fled the region when he was a nine-year-old as Serbian forces attacked their town. More than a million ethnic Albanians were displaced and 11,000 were killed in a war that lasted 18 months in the late 1990s. The family ended up in a refugee camp in neighbouring Macedonia.
“As we were leaving, there were tanks coming in and blowing up houses. It was mayhem… I do still think about it. When times get hard, I think it’s important to remember where I came from,” he says. “We lived in a tent with nine people in it but we had to do what we had to do to stay safe.
“We were just happy to be alive at that point.”

More here
http://3downnation.com/2018/03/09/grey-cup-winning-kick-family-freedom/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

ExPat

Thanks Grover.

I'm going to guess that LH will never be that football player who talks about all the "adversity" his team has had to overcome, meaning things like a couple of injuries, bad penalties and maybe a rainstorm.

He would have quite a different idea of what adversity really is.

Grover

We will need to come up with a nickname like we had for "Money" Medlock

How about Lirimaculate or maybe DeLirium :)

hendy77

Or just, good ol' Hallelujah! 
Legs Feed the Wolf!

Grover

Or just, good ol' Hallelujah!
Gotta like that!
The 2 positions in football that(most of the time) can win or lose a game are QB and Kicker

PatLynch

Perhaps every time he kicks a successful field goal, the Leonard Cohen song could be playing in the stadium . "Never make a decision when you need to pee"  might become the mantra for our mature coaching staff. ;D

Pat Lynch (the old Cohen fan)

Palmer

"Never make a decision when you need to pee"  might become the mantra for our mature coaching staff. ;D

Pat Lynch (the old Cohen fan)
Good idea Pat!  At least they have that scheduled break between halfs (halves?) and their own private facility.   I hate to miss the end of the quarter, so I'm usually dancing in the line-up waiting my turn.

Obrigardo

We will need to come up with a nickname like we had for "Money" Medlock

How about Lirimaculate or maybe DeLirium :)

We called him medamatic

seymour

This...

Drop everything but the last two syllables of his surname. When he's on the field, THF reverberates with "La-HUUUUUUUUUUUU... La-HUUUUUUUUUUUU..."

The beauty part is, when Lirim shanks a punt, chokes on a field goal or blows a convert and thousands of fans scream "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO", the TV audience won't be able to tell the difference!

I can hear Rod Black already: "Ladies and gentlemen, these Hamilton fans are special. Their kicker totally screws up and they still show him the love by shouting out his name... amazing!"  :D

Users Online

103 Guests, 13 Users (17 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
heapbag, safetyblitz, ticatbill, Grover, FootbalYouBet, GHT120, alphamale111, KevinRiley2, letsgoticats, Google (AdSense) (9), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 179. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)