Grover

I just remembered, Chapdelaine's son is the AL's Receivers Coach.  :o
Talk about awkward! 

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Obrigardo

Thorpe was a surprise.  Having watched Montreal defenses for the last several years I wouldn't mind having him as our DC.
Agreed 

Killer91

All I remember is when Reed was our Special Teams coach that he always had that sulky look on his face with his head down shaking it side to side in a negative way- don't get a good vibe from him.  Lots to pout about this year. 

blackandgld

I think we should consider bringing in Thorpe as our DC .....he has run incredible defences for years and knows the cfl game well....our current guy could go back to linebacker coach
A would you rather quiz:
Would you rather stick with a coach who has turned the teams D around, has the D flying and is familiar with the personnel for the home stretch.
OR
Would you rather bring in a complete stranger with no knowledge of team personnel who was fired after his D gave up 40 points in 4 consecutive games, demote a coach who has truly done wonders for your teams defense both in attitude and performance, and take on another coaching salary?

Slomojo2005

TSN has now reported that Reed will be interim HC for the remainder of the season and Calvillo will now call the offensive plays.
Let's watch out for these guys next time we play them.  Coaching change always puts a fire under players butts and for some unexplained reason, players do perform better......for a while.  

Obrigardo

I think we should consider bringing in Thorpe as our DC .....he has run incredible defences for years and knows the cfl game well....our current guy could go back to linebacker coach
A would you rather quiz:
Would you rather stick with a coach who has turned the teams D around, has the D flying and is familiar with the personnel for the home stretch.
OR
Would you rather bring in a complete stranger with no knowledge of team personnel who was fired after his D gave up 40 points in 4 consecutive games, demote a coach who has truly done wonders for your teams defense both in attitude and performance, and take on another coaching salary?
I'd be thinking more of next year after the house cleaning

blackandgld

A would you rather quiz:
OR
I'd be thinking more of next year after the house cleaning
To which i would say let the best man be hired 100%

HfxTC

Tony Marinaro‏Verified account
@TonyMarinaro

BREAKING: Sources tell me The Montreal Alouettes have fired Coaches Jacques Chapdelaine and Noel Thorpe #TSN690

Since Trestman left at end of 2012, this will be #Als sixth coaching change in five years.. Hawkins, Popp, Higgins, Popp, Chapdelaine
Six ... :o
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

relic7

What a stupid move..the coaching isn't the problem, it's their QB...I believe he has always been over rated. Chapdelaine is a good coach & firing them at mid season is just window dressing...it proves nothing!

HfxTC

What a stupid move..the coaching isn't the problem, it's their QB...I believe he has always been over rated. Chapdelaine is a good coach & firing them at mid season is just window dressing...it proves nothing!
Reed threw Ricky Ray under the bus. Throwing Chapdelaine and Thorpe under the bus was just another day at the office for the guy, he needed to give a trophy to Andrew Wetenhall so he gave him two for good measure. Unfortunately the owners like their new "yes" man. What is unfolding in Montreal is terrible for the league and Alouette fans in Montreal. The President of the team said last night that they will proceed with a teardown and rebuild after the season. Kavis Reed and Joe Mack.... This franchise is doomed. Montreal football fans, for the most part, were Alouette fans more than CFL fans, so if they don't like the team and who runs it...

Users Online

62 Guests, 3 Users (7 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Sidney, GOTC1, KevinRiley2, Google (6), Baidu

Most Online Today: 113. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)