Grover

Tony Marinaro‏Verified account
@TonyMarinaro

BREAKING: Sources tell me The Montreal Alouettes have fired Coaches Jacques Chapdelaine and Noel Thorpe #TSN690

Since Trestman left at end of 2012, this will be #Als sixth coaching change in five years.. Hawkins, Popp, Higgins, Popp, Chapdelaine

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Tipper

8)  Wow,  that is breaking news indeed !!

I wonder how much longer that the joker GM,  Kavis Reed will last ??  ::)

Possibly till the end of the season, and then bye bye for him also.    ;)

Major house cleaning coming in Montreal for sure !!

blackandgld

Who takes over...Reed?

ottawacat

Who takes over...Reed?
Probably, if the decision is his.
But, if Andrew Wetenhall calls it, Calvillo wouldn't be a surprise, to me.

Palmer

And if it is Calvillo will we have another chorus of "should have never let him go"? ;D

IMO, Calvillo is still a couple of years of coaching experience away from a head coach position.  I guess tbis would be one way to get it in a cram course.

ottawacat

TSN has now reported that Reed will be interim HC for the remainder of the season and Calvillo will now call the offensive plays.

Palmer

Could be a good thing for us, but I think Reed was HC in Edmonton?  Has some experience, and maybe there were difficulties from a Chapdelaine-Durant conflict.

I can see AC going with a short, quick passing game with a grinding run component.

Onemoredork

In related news ...CFL commissioner has asked fans not to post anything about Darain Durant getting yet another coach fired.  Not true so stop it.

ottawacat

ottawacat

A thought that Reed might brink in Stubler to run the D:

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/09/13/sanchez-something-give-montreal/

Gerbear20

I think we should consider bringing in Thorpe as our DC .....he has run incredible defences for years and knows the cfl game well....our current guy could go back to linebacker coach

Tipper

I think we should consider bringing in Thorpe as our DC .....he has run incredible defences for years and knows the cfl game well....our current guy could go back to linebacker coach
8)  Why change now,  Lolley seems to be doing a good job so far as our DC  !!

The players certainly seem to like him a lot.

Changing now would just throw things into turmoil again.    ::)

Grover

DogsFan

Montreal has had a good D though. Their offence under Durant has stunk, but their D has been pretty good for a while. I think Dominique is probably still mad about being cut.

Riggins

Thorpe was a surprise.  Having watched Montreal defenses for the last several years I wouldn't mind having him as our DC. 

Users Online

139 Guests, 12 Users (7 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PTBO Dave, raymarkca, ExPat, Iconic SR, EastVanMark, dcmoses, Grover, hawthy, yougottabekidding, Taleback, Google (7)

Most Online Today: 175. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)