Krisiun

And in our two losses...tell me our defence didn't play well or were abysmal.

We've given up 46 total points in those two losses.
It's not just the defense. There were all kinds of other missed assignments, from dropped passes to terrible special teams to suspect play calls. Great teams are usually firing on all cylinders and win consistently when all three phases of the game are executing well.

Garney 26

Or whrn they have a QB with leadership that mskes everyone better and finds ways to win. Masoli does not.

stevehvh

Or whrn they have a QB with leadership that mskes everyone better and finds ways to win. Masoli does not.
Ahh, so it's actually Masoli's fault that Toliver  dropped a pass thst hit him on the numbers. Who knew?
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

Lennywasout

Since none of your negativity towards Masoli makes any sense, I believe your just trolling to get a reaction from us.

Good going. Took a while for me to catch on. You don’t actually believe what you post. 🤣

bobo82

Since none of your negativity towards Masoli makes any sense, I believe your just trolling to get a reaction from us.

Good going. Took a while for me to catch on. You don’t actually believe what you post. 🤣
LOL !!! He better watch out or he might just end up on BillyDees ignore list .  ;D
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Garney 26

I'm not a troll but that one was a bit of a dig! 😉 I like JM and i cheer hard for anyone wearing our jersey but i remain unconvinced that Masoli is anything above average.

Lennywasout

I'm not a troll but that one was a bit of a dig! 😉 I like JM and i cheer hard for anyone wearing our jersey but i remain unconvinced that Masoli is anything above average.
I don’t agree he’s average. An average QB doesn’t throw for over 300 yds per game for 9 games in a row.  He cannot help the fact that June Jones calls some bonehead plays every now and then and that we seem to start drives well inside our territory.  Give Masoli (or any QB) a shorter field and they’ll all score more.  If you have to drive 80 - 90 yards all the time, you’re in trouble. The odds are against you.  This fact alone suggests he much better than average.  Not saying he’s Doug Flutie but certainly isn’t Kevin Glenn. (And I really like Glenn)

Crash

I don’t agree he’s average. An average QB doesn’t throw for over 300 yds per game for 9 games in a row.  He cannot help the fact that June Jones calls some bonehead plays every now and then and that we seem to start drives well inside our territory.  Give Masoli (or any QB) a shorter field and they’ll all score more.  If you have to drive 80 - 90 yards all the time, you’re in trouble. The odds are against you.  This fact alone suggests he much better than average.  Not saying he’s Doug Flutie but certainly isn’t Kevin Glenn. (And I really like Glenn)
But we're doing better than anyone else getting to the redzone despite our starting position, its not like they're too tired from a long drive. If we had better red zone production we'd be 4-0. Has nothing to do with starting position.

Palmer

If Masoli is smart enough, and skillful enough, to get us from our 10 to their 10, does he suddenly get stupid, or lose his skill set when he gets there?  Or does the defence, having to defend only a smaller area tighten up and take away the plays that we are using in the red zone?  Running off the shotgun with Timmis worked for a bit, but we all know that our tendencies are run to Timmis, short pass to Tasker, deep pass to Banks.  Different personnel, different formations and different pass packages would help.  Maybe the odd third down gamble in close?  At least if we miss, it is only 3 fewer points, and they start at their own goal-line instead of their 45 or better, and get them right back.

Krisiun

But we're doing better than anyone else getting to the redzone despite our starting position, its not like they're too tired from a long drive. If we had better red zone production we'd be 4-0. Has nothing to do with starting position.
WTF? The odds of misfiring on two plays in a row greatly increases the further away you are from the opposing teams goal line.

Executing 5 perfect plays to get into the end zone from midfield or executing 12 plays from your own 10. Which scenario are you betting on?

Last I heard was that field position is very important.

Crash

WTF? The odds of misfiring on two plays in a row greatly increases the further away you are from the opposing teams goal line.

Executing 5 perfect plays to get into the end zone from midfield or executing 12 plays from your own 10. Which scenario are you betting on?

Last I heard was that field position is very important.
What I'm saying is once you get to the 10... It doesn't matter how many plays it took to get there.

We rank 6 of 9 in number of punts.... Meaning we are moving the ball despite bad starting position.

You can't blame bad starting position for poor red zone performance if you're still getting to the red zone.

Garney 26

And that lack of finishing ability is Masolis biggest flaw. We've got a good team that's a little rough around the edges right now but we can hope they all get better as the season goes on.

kfan

The plays are sent in.  Masoli has no say re the call.  His only call would be from a broken play... scramble, run pass.
Be who you are
Say what you feel
Those that matter don't mind
Those that mind don't matter

Grover

Masoli was not happy with the route running and effort by Jones on this play. 

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

stevehvh

Masoli was not happy with the route running and effort by Jones on this play.

I guess a better quarterback with real leadership skills and finishing ability would have realized his receiver would likely run the wrong route, and therefore would have thrown it where the guy was not supposed to be, thus making a brilliant completion.

Users Online

38 Guests, 0 Users (7 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (7)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)